Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

^^ i agree, i have a large order coming in for my boutique im figuring to purchase a couple spools of polycotton amber thread for our customers.

Yeah I would be scared too.

I'm all for a bit of self repair but parts of my jeans are pretty much donezo...

Im surprised to see Kix's fell apart like that. I just got mine but they seem fairly heavy duty. Infact its the reason I picked them up. They feel like I dont have to baby them like my Diors...

Im crossing my fingers.

Yeah, I am hoping I won't blow the crotch; i'll prob. be doing a lot of bboying in these, and I don't want to have to worry about them falling apart. They seem so nice though. Crossing my fingers also.

Toufu, that is a 31, and I'm about 5'10'' and 150lbs. Soaked them last night for about 3 hours and let them dry in my bathroom. Will have post soak pictures later on today.

Hah, i'm a little taller and a little lighter than you, and I'm looking at those pictures and going "So that's how a 31 would have fit on me". I grabbed a size 29 and had to sleepover with the Skulls before I would walk out in them. I actually think 31 would have been too much. 30 would have probably been the size if I wanted to just walk out. But damnit, I really wanted to try out skinny jeans.

Toufu, that is a 31, and I'm about 5'10'' and 150lbs. Soaked them last night for about 3 hours and let them dry in my bathroom. Will have post soak pictures later on today.

haha, I'm 6'2" 170-ish lbs and I also wear a 31 :D

aug9.jpg

My Skulls have held up pretty well, and I have the Sufu fit. I've had them for a few months... (granted, I've been wearing my APCs more often than the Skulls, given the hot weather)

Ive been wearing my skulls (6x6s) and although the cottons unstiched in certain areas, the denim feels durable... The trick is to fix the areas ASAP so that the stitching doesnt continue to come out.

the stitching came out after a month on the crotch, yoke, coin pocket, left front pocket and on the patch.......i got em reparied....it doenst do anything cause in the end...the fucking quality of the cotton thread used is not durable at all....in fact it fucking sucks

the stitching came out after a month on the crotch, yoke, coin pocket, left front pocket and on the patch.......i got em reparied....it doenst do anything cause in the end...the fucking quality of the cotton thread used is not durable at all....in fact it fucking sucks

Yeah fair enough... Like has been said before, quality is a personal thing and the skull guys argue that 100% cotton thread is "better"...

Coin pocket is a strange one though...

Like you say, cut is phenomenal though...

Any word from skull or shinichi (sp?) on if they're going to recut some skull 5010 6x6s with better treading and stitch quality? The stitching horror stories are kinda scaring me off as i'm not experienced with, nor do i want to, reinforce my jeans, but the cut seems like what i'm looking for.

haha, I'm 6'2" 170-ish lbs and I also wear a 31 :D

aug9.jpg

My Skulls have held up pretty well, and I have the Sufu fit. I've had them for a few months... (granted, I've been wearing my APCs more often than the Skulls, given the hot weather)

Are you saying that those are 5010 sz31 on you??

Any word from skull or shinichi (sp?) on if they're going to recut some skull 5010 6x6s with better treading and stitch quality? The stitching horror stories are kinda scaring me off as i'm not experienced with, nor do i want to, reinforce my jeans, but the cut seems like what i'm looking for.

Did we ever actually get a consensus on this? I thought people with the 6x6 ones hadn't reported any of the epic thread destruction we've been seeing. It seemed like all of the freak Skull disasters had mostly been the 'US Edition' 5010 regulars, right? I haven't worn my Skulls much (maybe 1.5 months?), but they're the 6x6 and haven't had any problems.

^hard to say... i think (correct me if im wrong) the only difference between the 6x6 and the regular 5010 is in the denim, not the stitching. and it seems like all of the blowouts happened at the seams where the stitching fell apart... but yeah, seems like its mostly just been happening to the regular 5010's... i wonder if they were constructed differently?

Yeah, that seemed odd to me too-the 6x6 is a few ounces more on the denim, and has a black patch, but otherwise is the same jean. But there hasn't really been any problems on them yet (has there?). Calvin Oscar's ripped somewhere, but then Shinichi sent him 'Official Skull Jeans thread' or something. Anyone else? There were a LOT of Skulls being bought a year and more back, so now I'm curious.