Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

Not much compared to the gardening champ but crosspost from the evo thread:

Skull 5507s. Hot soaked when I got them, wore them most days. Summer caught up with them and I finally gave them a wash after 7 months. Really tough to get color accurate pictures, but I got pretty close I suppose. Putting before/after wash pictures together to see the difference.

Full pics (especially the back) didn't turn out too well, too hard to get a good focus:

2vlpa4k.jpg

300yyww.jpg

Combs:

20b1vtk.jpg

33urces.jpg

Lap:

k0rrrd.jpg

n2eofn.jpg

Many crotch reinforcements done by myself, more going to be needed by the looks of things:

2i0aczm.jpg

Bonus shot of the knee, looks closer to this compared to how it is in the full shot:

wwgfae.jpg

Overall a little surprised how much the look of the jeans changed after a 40*C wash. Basically they got a lot more contrast. Oh, and that hole on the lap is part of a long night involving a fight, Korea and USA losing the world cup, and lots of soju+beer. Probably going to start working on my Sugar Cane 1966s soon, but these jeans have a very long life ahead of them.

got my 5010s(sz 32) today..fit is kinda baggy :confused:

what you guys think..

frontwjb.jpg

backgu.jpg

sideq.jpg

I assume those are a pair of the new batch. I got my pair as well and I sized down one.

Even though I soaked mine they are now bigger in the waist than they were before the soak after wearing them for half a day, so I'd say you should size down 1 or 2.

hey guys!

I really need some advice! I just got a 5010XX Size 30, but it doesn't fit me well in the waist (other than that, everything else is just nice for my liking.). The waist is smaller than required, about 1.5 to 1.75 inch from buttoning the top button. I am really hoping that it can stretch to fit.

I am currently wearing a Naked and Famous Weird Guy size 30 (and it fits great) and I could fit into a Flat Head size 30 (buttoned up completely).Was actually pretty sure that the Skull size 30 would be a perfect size, but now having some doubt.

So basically, do you think the skulls will stretch enough to fit me? Is there any method or suggestions as to how to further stretch the jeans? Thanks alot guys!

^^^^^^^my experience with skulls, which is admittedly limited to one pair, has been that they don't stretch a whole hell of a lot. it depends on how much stretch you hope to achieve. actually, i just checked the measurements for my 5010s at the time i sold them and found that they stretched about 2.5" in the waist after about 15 days and a lot of effort. but, if you can't button all the way up, they are def. too tight.

x-post from the evo thread.

here are some quick snaps of my skull 5010xx 6x6 in one wash. they have gone through 2 soaks and 3 washes and are 8 months old. no post processing so please excuse the orange light. no significant roping and sucks to have the normal lockstitch since i can't find any chainstitch hemming service in my country.

_MG_2797.jpg

_MG_2794.jpg

_MG_2800.jpg

_MG_2804.jpg

_MG_2801.jpg

_MG_2805.jpg

_MG_2807.jpg

_MG_2811.jpg