Skull Jeans by An Alchemist

haptronic

sorry in advance for the noob question.

i already know that for 5010 raws you should go true to size.

buuut at the same time, it differs for every body type, from what i'm aware of.

i'm 5'8", 135lbs on average (fluctuate a lot). my waist is 29 inches, hip is 30 inches. thighs are about average size (not too big or small).

i know that other people like leonard who are true 29 went true to size, but he's quite a bit bigger than me, from what i've read/seen.

should i still go for 29? or size down to 28? i'd like a slim fit.

Guest Ark Sakura

I sized down 1 on my 5010 6x6. It's a tight fit though, so be prepared for that. Sometimes I feel like Im showing off my junk too much

I don't have enough money for any of those FabFour Skull wallets...

But it's so fucking cool that they have guitar pick holders.

Fuck.

It's like in order to own that wallet you must be fucking cool enough to play guitar.

Or you could just own it to hold a guitar pick and just be a mediocre guitar player.

:(

Guest Ark Sakura
i agree.. a pretty loose looking fit for sizing down... unless it's just the picture..

Well, it's the right size for me. It's a size 32 skull 5010 after about a month and half wear and one wash. I didn't post the front shot and it's the crotch that is a little bit tight.

For reference I wear a 33 in Flat Head, a 31 in dior mij, 32 in Iron Heart. My "true size is somewhere between 32 and 33, but probably closer to 33.

Well, it's the right size for me. It's a size 32 skull 5010 after about a month and half wear and one wash. I didn't post the front shot and it's the crotch that is a little bit tight.

For reference I wear a 33 in Flat Head, a 31 in dior mij, 32 in Iron Heart. My "true size is somewhere between 32 and 33, but probably closer to 33.

you plan on sagging them eventually? that would help with the crotch wouldnt it?

Guest Ark Sakura
you plan on sagging them eventually? that would help with the crotch wouldnt it?

yeah, that pic is old. I'm sagging them more now. i think they look better sagged a little.

(btw, i reread my original post. i didn't wash them. just gave them a soak.)

yeah, that pic is old. I'm sagging them more now. i think they look better sagged a little.

(btw, i reread my original post. i didn't wash them. just gave them a soak.)

awesome. yeah i agree.. probably would look better after they loosen up and sag.. thanks man

I don't have enough money for any of those FabFour Skull wallets...

But it's so fucking cool that they have guitar pick holders.

Fuck.

It's like in order to own that wallet you must be fucking cool enough to play guitar.

Or you could just own it to hold a guitar pick and just be a mediocre guitar player.

:(

i get a lot of compliments about mine, although i'm sure most are just rooted in curiosity as to why i have a guitar pick holder built into my wallet. and i do play guitar. the pick holder still serves no purpose whatsoever. i was keeping a kirk hammett pick in there for a little while, but decided to ebay it instead :-P

i get a lot of compliments about mine, although i'm sure most are just rooted in curiosity as to why i have a guitar pick holder built into my wallet. and i do play guitar. the pick holder still serves no purpose whatsoever. i was keeping a kirk hammett pick in there for a little while, but decided to ebay it instead :-P

enojy, i was wondering.. how do you find the size of the wallet? was considering getting myself one as well (or something similar in size) for my 50-10s, but wasn't sure how it would fit in my backpocket...

it's 5.5" in length right? you find that too short/long?

by any chance.... got any pics of it + your 50-10s? (cuz we all know a picture's worth a thousand words)

thanks

i sold my 5010XX's, sorry. i'll take a few pictures and post them. my wallet is about a year old. it fit very well in the skull back pockets; just barely poked out of the top. the pockets below (samurai) are slightly smaller than skull pockets. i like the length, it's about perfect... but can be a bit bulky at times.

sorry these are so dark, i have no photo editing software!

picture001ufe.jpg

picture002dms.jpg

Guest Ark Sakura
awesome. yeah i agree.. probably would look better after they loosen up and sag.. thanks man

Apologies for the crap pix...flash with timer...but here are my sized down skull 5010 3months in w/ 1 soak. I haven't been wearing them enough recently because i got a pair of se05 bsp and fh 310 and am rotating them all..

<a  href=skulldown1.jpg' alt='skulldown1.jpg'>

skulldown2b.jpg

Apologies for the crap pix...flash with timer...but here are my sized down skull 5010 3months in w/ 1 soak. I haven't been wearing them enough recently because i got a pair of se05 bsp and fh 310 and am rotating them all..

<a  href=skulldown1.jpg' alt='skulldown1.jpg'>

skulldown2b.jpg

do you have pics wearing the others for comparisons sake?

Hey guys,

I've had a pair of 5010xx Raw indigo jeans for the past four and a half months and as they were starting to get stinky, I decided to give them their first wash last week. I washed them in a machine on the delicate cycle with a little detergent and then I let them hang dry and threw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes when they were just about dry. Since then, instead of smelling clean and sweet, I've noticed somewhat of a musty smell to my jeans that is even noticeable when I'm just sitting in class wearing them (obviously not with my nose pressed against my jeans). I've tried freezing the jeans overnight, drying them with three dryer sheets and febreezing them and nothing seems to get rid of this smell. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do to get rid of it? Should I soak them or wash them again and do something differently?

Thank you,

-Alex

Hey guys,

I've had a pair of 5010xx Raw indigo jeans for the past four and a half months and as they were starting to get stinky, I decided to give them their first wash last week. I washed them in a machine on the delicate cycle with a little detergent and then I let them hang dry and threw them in the dryer for about 10 minutes when they were just about dry. Since then, instead of smelling clean and sweet, I've noticed somewhat of a musty smell to my jeans that is even noticeable when I'm just sitting in class wearing them (obviously not with my nose pressed against my jeans). I've tried freezing the jeans overnight, drying them with three dryer sheets and febreezing them and nothing seems to get rid of this smell. Does anyone have any ideas about what I could do to get rid of it? Should I soak them or wash them again and do something differently?

Thank you,

-Alex

2 ways:

- either wash again without detergent, but with anti-bacterial fluid

- put in the freezer for 1 week

Guest Ark Sakura

Wow. I have kind of a similar problem. I just washed my 3 month old skull on a gentle cycle with woolite. I had been febreezing them and airing them out. The problem is that I don't like the way febreeze smells and the wash didn't get it out. I'm tempted to soak them in something like Bronner's or Mrs Meyer's.... : /

EDIT: I cross posted this in the small questions thread and got some answers

xpost from evo:

Buddy's pair of Skull 5010XXs, just about 9 months of every day wear, no wash yet...

img6381.jpg

img6382l.jpg

img6389.jpg

img6383.jpg

img6385.jpg

img6388.jpg

I heard there have been some issues with production and hence Skulls unavailable from most places for the past few months.

Anyone know when the big restock/availability date is?

i believe end of this month.

i ordered a pair thru pirates sometime in march. they said they'd get new stock from fabfour in april. but then had to push back to end of may.