Are all Dior Homme raw denim jeans made with japanese denim?

asfberg

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haptronic is absolutely right - all the raw DH jeans that I have and have seen are made in Japan and all the washed denim jeans are made in Italy - this is for new stock as well. Bought another pair of raw ones only a week ago and they are made in Japan.

Hope that helps

T

Quote:

Haptronic is absolutely right - all the raw DH jeans that I have and have seen are made in Japan and all the washed denim jeans are made in Italy - this is for new stock as well. Bought another pair of raw ones only a week ago and they are made in Japan.

Hope that helps

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Dec 2, 2005 03:15 AM

You bought an old line then. Everything after A/W '04 uses UK denim. If you call one of the dior boutiques they will confirm that they have the non-japanese denim for sale at a cheaper cost and it is from the newer seasons.

Hiya

Ummm...nope - have to disagree with you verb - the jeans I have bought are all brand new from the A/W05 and also S/S 06 collection from Hrrods imported from Dior in France. All raw denim is still labelled as being made in Japan and all washed jeans are labelled as being made in Italy.

Unless of course you are suggesting that Dior in Paris distributes two year old clothes as brand new for A/W 05 and S/S 06?

The Dior boutique in London only sells womenswear - for men's you have to go to Selfridges or Harrods. Have just called Paris boutique, however, and they have confirmed that all raw denim is still being manufactured in Japan. When I asked them about UK denim they were a bit mystified as to what I meant - none of their jeans are manufactured in the UK.

Hope that helps

T

Quote:

Hiya

Ummm...nope - have to disagree with you verb - the jeans I have bought are all brand new from the A/W05 and also S/S 06 collection from Hrrods imported from Dior in France. All raw denim is still labelled as being made in Japan and all washed jeans are labelled as being made in Italy.

Unless of course you are suggesting that Dior in Paris distributes two year old clothes as brand new for A/W 05 and S/S 06?

The Dior boutique in London only sells womenswear - for men's you have to go to Selfridges or Harrods. Have just called Paris boutique, however, and they have confirmed that all raw denim is still being manufactured in Japan. When I asked them about UK denim they were a bit mystified as to what I meant - none of their jeans are manufactured in the UK.

Hope that helps

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Dec 2, 2005 04:03 AM

There's a huge post on TheFashionSpot about it and when I called the Dior boutique in NYC he made it a point to offer me 'our UK model from this last season' for about $20 less. Shrug.

Quote:

also strange as the ones in the store are marked "made in italy", no mention of england on them anywhere

--- Original message by asfberg on Dec 2, 2005 12:16 PM

My pair of Japanese from A/W 03 that I just sold (sorry asfberg) definitely states 'Made In Japan' clearly on the white tag next to size that gives washing instructions.

Hi Verb

Could you post a link to the part of the Fashion Spot site that covers this subject - the Dior Homme general thread there is too big to plough through! I would be interested in reading it as I've never heard of any jeans being manufactured in the UK, let alone Dior Homme ones!

If these rumours are true I'm glad i bought several pairs othe raw japanese denim Diors!

Thanks

Best

T

Quote:

Hi Verb

Could you post a link to the part of the Fashion Spot site that covers this subject - the Dior Homme general thread there is too big to plough through! I would be interested in reading it as I've never heard of any jeans being manufactured in the UK, let alone Dior Homme ones!

If these rumours are true I'm glad i bought several pairs othe raw japanese denim Diors!

Thanks

Best

T

--- Original message by Tyler on Dec 5, 2005 05:29 AM

I'll try to look through the thread tonight after work but I really have no idea what page its on. The old thread is a nightmare and the new one is pretty much useless.

Guest Fade to Black

the Japanese raw denim jeans were $295.

i might cop a pair of the ones without the border stitching on the black leather tag...those were the Japanese raw denims initially released in s/s 03 and apparently those are the selvedge Dior jeans. There's also one with a zip-up fly and those are the protoype raw denims released even earlier, also selvedge i'd assume.

Quote:

the Japanese raw denim jeans were $295.

i might cop a pair of the ones without the border stitching on the black leather tag...those were the Japanese raw denims initially released in s/s 03 and apparently those are the selvedge Dior jeans. There's also one with a zip-up fly and those are the protoype raw denims released even earlier, also selvedge i'd assume.

--- Original message by Fade to Black on Dec 5, 2005 03:59 PM

Thanks for the info. But to make my question clearer I was wondering if the price was different before...did it go up or down or whatever?

Just to let you all know, you can't tell where an item was made by the label. That only indicates where the last detail on the garment was applied.

Taking the Diors as a case in point, all the denim is probably japanese, but because the fading effects are applied in Italy, the jeans say 'made in Italy.' The denim is still Japanese, and that's why the raws, because there are no additional treatments, just say made in Japan.

Same goes for all garments. Stuff that says 'made in England' only has to have a label stitched on for the company to be able to say it.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer.

G

yes, but i've seen raws with a label saying "made in italy" and raws with "made in japan" labels. and different people, from those who work for dior to those who "in the know", have differing info on where the jeans are made and where the denim comes from.

so are the "made in japan" ones really made from japanese denim?

are the "made in italy" ones made from uk denim or italian denim or japanese denim?

are there ones with "made in uk" labels?

is it even knowable?

and does it even matter? (of course not, but wouldn't it be such fun to know?)

• 5 months later...

OMG TragicBliss answered! I need some answers! First of all thanks for the answere hehe :)

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=59943&rangeid=483

http://www.raffaello-network.com/raffties/detail.php?itemid=59946&rangeid=483

Differences?

Both of those are Made in Italy - will it matter a lot? :P

And is this those that you have? Becouse they are so fucking good looking :)

TYVM in advance

I too have SS06 indigo raws that are tagged "made in japan;" The italian made raws are quite a bit softer than the japanese, stretch out a tad more as well. I'd definitely pick up some japanese if you can find it; i know the botique here in nyc had some last time i checked, call the wynn in vegas and try there as well. good luck

I dont live in the states, though Im planning moving there when my studies are over :P

I live in Sweden - Im not a pro at raw denim, this i my first pair im going to do a seriouse try with.

So will it matter? I dont want that softness, becouse of the feeling of hard denim :)

Anyway does the softness come after a while anyway? I'll try to use em everyday and really get some cool personality in them.

I measured my waist to 80cm's, does a 29" do it then?