General TV show discussion

mrip

"you look very Nylon Guys"

Man this show is all about the name drop

That's the problem with this show vs. Entourage. Entourage drops interesting names and when you see dudes like Cameron, Peter Jackson, and Matt Damon actually show up it's like "that's pretty cool." I don't care about anything this show references and I'm on sufu, which basically means I'm probably the target audience.

I can see people loving the references. It's like people who visit ny but never get to go to these places. I hope Matt Damon doesn't show up anywhere, any place he hangs out in is already horrible. I think the show won't do well. Core audience is too small. Entourage was a hit because of tits. Tits and ass made that show. Later it had some plot but nobody cared. Also for some reason a lot of guys have a homoerotic fascination Jeremy Piven.

In this last season of House they've tried a handful of episodes outside of the normal formula. The last episode was all about Cuddy. They always poke fun at House's methods on these episodes too though I'm not sure how well that works if they go right back to it.

I enjoy the show though.

just want to quote myself cause i almost nailed it. finch in white bentley wants to go to veselka :rolleyes:

Wait, Veselka is a cool spot? I mean they've got borscht...

maggie q to star as cw's nikita

2n1aq69.jpg

This news is a couple of weeks old, but I wanted to mention it... Maggie Q, who you've seen kicking ass in movies like Mission: Impossible III and Live Free or Die Hard, will be kicking more ass this fall as the title character in CW's remake of La Femme Nikita: Maggie Q to star as CW's 'Nikita'.

The Hollywood Reporter notes that casting Maggie Q in the show's title role would mark the highest-profile series role for an Asian actress on a broadcast drama series and the highest-profile CW minority casting in the network's four-year history. Considering how white CW, I guess this is no small feat.

This new version would center around a new Nikita being trained to replace the original one after she goes rogue. Series creator Craig Silverstein said he saw an opportunity to break the stereotype, and he wrote the lead as "beautiful and exotic." Uh. Wait. Did I just read that right?

Here's what I do find interesting about Maggie Q as Nikita. The role, which has gone through several different remakes, has traditionally been played by Caucasian actors: Anne Parillaud in Luc Besson's 1990 original, Bridget Fonda in 1993's Point of No Return, and Peta Wilson in the 1997 television series.

It's a rare occasion when the remake role race switcheroo goes the other way around, right? Though I guess if the producers are fixated on "beautiful and exotic," there might not be too much to be excited about. More here: This spicy actress is the new femme Nikita.

oh snap, i remember watching the original lol