Tumblr

NatseOklim

okay this is SO effd i see people posting huge gifs with tons of frames like this one http://monsterman.tumblr.com/post/803262022/howling-ii-your-sister-is-a-werewolf-1985 and i got a blingee gif to work, but nothing else. is there any documentation about gif restrictions for posting on tumblr? i actually really want to figure it out

http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/posting

Animated GIFs

Since resizing animated GIFs is computationally intensive, large files (greater than 512K or wider than 500 pixels) may lose their animation if the upload server runs out of memory. Please avoid uploading unreasonably large animated GIFs.

It's not just that though. Blogspot seems like it has more in-depth features (not that I use them all the time) but tumblr seems almost... lacking. It really does seem like it's more oriented towards reblogging or posting photos/videos/audio than actual writing...

I'm probably talking to the wrong crowd about this though.

^It IS more suited to reblogging/e-scrapbooking. Personally it's why I use it, I don't understand why anyone would use it for large amounts of writing. Especially once you start following people and you realise what a large part following (and then viewing their posts in your dashboard) is of tumblr.

Think of it as a visual twitter.

Instead of finding the same shit posted in various blogs and collegehumor websites, I get the same shit posted in one streamlined dashboard.

It's hard to maintain a large group of people to follow if the content is all the same, so I appreciate articles, text, or anything that deviates from the circle-jerking reblog system that Tumblr implements.

I post more text than anyone on tumblr. I don't give a fuck.

yours is a cas à part, and it's always interesting reading. i've got a firefox window full of tabs with texts from your blog that i need to read btw.

also blogspot sucks. Use wordpress if you want to be all those features.

Runnin' a blogspot is kind of like applying for a job with an aol email address. (Though, I will say landho has a pretty good blogspot.)

Guest on-display

When I tell people I have a blog, they get surprised and they automatically assume its me writing about how my day went or my feelings or some shit.

YMFY i enjoy reading your text posts

http://www.tumblr.com/docs/en/posting

Animated GIFs

Since resizing animated GIFs is computationally intensive, large files (greater than 512K or wider than 500 pixels) may lose their animation if the upload server runs out of memory. Please avoid uploading unreasonably large animated GIFs.

thanks, this will make it easier to figure out what to post

is there any way to make everthing in a theme(quotes/texts/videos/music/photos) to 600px instead of 500px? i'm not talking about full resolution either.

first make your #wrapper div 600px or bigger

#wrapper {

width: 540px;

height: auto;

margin: 20px auto;

}

this sets the attributes of these classes, it's 500 now. change it to 600.

.quotePost, .textPost, .audioPost,

.photoPost, .videoPost, .chatPost,

.linkPost {

width: 500px;

height: auto;

margin: 0 0 40px 0;

padding: 15px 20px;

position: relative;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

-moz-border-radius: 5px;

-webkit-border-radius: 5px;

}

also change this since it gives a width and remove the margin and padding if you want the quote to be 600

blockquote {

width: 450px;

margin: 10px;

padding: 0 0 0 12px;

border-left: 3px solid #000000;

}

is there any kind of way to insert if statements into a theme?

my theme automatically makes photos 700px wide even if they're smaller. i'm trying to find a way to default to 700px if there actually is a hi-res version of the photo, otherwise default to 500px

there's this {block:HighRes} {/block:HighRes} thing where it'll execute that if there's a hi-res version, but i'm not sure how to incorporate that along with the standard 500px version at the same time without double posting the photo