Tumblr

NatseOklim

Can't believe this has become an issue for me but some people are expressing concern about my tumblr ethics even tho i post full credit, name and link back to source..

u guys might as well read this, not too long:

http://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/IP

I'm thinking at some point you won't need to post anything from forums. As it gets more popular, you could probably do well with just submissions + your own stuff + new products coming out + etc.

^what exactly were they complaining about?

Just hit 300 followers!

i reblogged some forum that they consider private w/o asking for the OPs permission. even tho i gave full credit and a link to source they thought its a violation etc, and they especially dont want ppl finding out about their community (lol). but what got out of control was some guy complaining that i tagged his all black knife as "murdered out." he thought i was saying he uses his knives to murder ppl or something.

for this reason im going to change the direction of my site to user based submission, my own content etc like dum suggested.

if any of you guys want to participate, take a nice flick of whats in your pockets or bag and submit to

http://everyday-carry.com/submit

congrats on 300 btw

hey how do you post animated gifs and make them actually display all the frames??? i have tried a ton and they just show the first frame, but i saw a blog(simpsons gifs i think) with a gif actually displaying correctly.

yeah mine never work either! even if its really small. recently i've been uploading my gifs on imageshack, and going to "Text". then i click the html button, and add the gif on there with the url thing.

it works, but it doesnt show up on people's "newsfeed". i think it comes out as a little grey square. people have to click your tumblr in order to see the gif, which kinda sucks :[

im still trying to figure out how to make it completely work though

brane, you shouldn't change anything, they're the idiots not you.
exactly, what the fuck are they going to do?

in SOME ways i guess its not 100% kosher because you have to register to view the content. altho registration is free and all the content i got was from the open subforums. i really only had to delete like 40 posts, or about 4.5% of my total content. only one of them had more than 20 notes anyway.

another thing they were complaining about is that tumblr makes "copies" of images when they're uploaded. photo posts rehost the pics onto tumblr, so if the OP ever wanted to make their pic private or take it down, it would exist on my site. they werent cool with making copies of pics without permission

i would say this is a good wakeup call because i can change the way my site works and the goals of my site

i really wish i could get a layout update to emphasize the submit, ask and comment features. i want more interaction with my userbase… im not trying to preach survivalist tactics or anything like that which is most common EDC blogs, instead I'm trying to encourage and guide people who arent familiar with EDC into starting to carry more/being more prepared. i answer a lot of recommendations and questions like that so the discussion has been picking up nicely.

/wall of text

and add the gif on there with the url thing.

it works, but it doesnt show up on people's "newsfeed". i think it comes out as a little grey square. people have to click your tumblr in order to see the gif, which kinda sucks :[

im still trying to figure out how to make it completely work though

speaking of this, how do some people make multiple pictures show up in a post of their's and have it enlargeable by clicking your mouse on it from a follower's newsfeed?

Ugh... got one of my photos posted on a *really* popular tumblr but the girl didn't reblog my actual post, so I don't get any of the notes of it... I hate dealing with this

4K followers and rising, mmmm

i reblogged some forum that they consider private w/o asking for the OPs permission. even tho i gave full credit and a link to source they thought its a violation etc, and they especially dont want ppl finding out about their community (lol).

lol, what kind of private forum gets found, not to mention open to the public? worse, they expect people not to post them? obviously they don't know about my internet. you were courteous enough to credit them, and they came at you with hostility? i would spread their shit like wildfire.

i really wish i could get a layout update to emphasize the submit, ask and comment features.

oh, i heard you needed a theme?

Ugh... got one of my photos posted on a *really* popular tumblr but the girl didn't reblog my actual post, so I don't get any of the notes of it... I hate dealing with this

Welcome to tumblr.

4K followers and rising, mmmm

lol, what kind of private forum gets found, not to mention open to the public? worse, they expect people not to post them? obviously they don't know about my internet. you were courteous enough to credit them, and they came at you with hostility? i would spread their shit like wildfire.

oh, i heard you needed a theme?

there is no use in wasting my time and energy on spreading hate.

and i could use a theme but i don't have any money and won't perform any sexual favors if that's what you're after

lol i only have 45 followers, and none of my posts get more than 5 notes at best. most ever was like 50 when a friend reblogged a post.

nothing on there i actually made myself though so whatever i dont care. i don't think i would want hundreds/thousands of followers anyway