Visvim F/W 08.09

rirawin

sorry, just a question. are there differences in cuts for visvim denims? im interested in getting a pair of fluxus raw denim. if there are, what are they and how do they fit like? thanks alot! :)

yes theres a different # for the different cuts, i think it's something like this:

00 Heritage straight

01 Classic straight

02 Basic tapered

03 Basic slim

04 Super slim

05 Classic tapered

06 Womens

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry, just a question. are there differences in cuts for visvim denims? im interested in getting a pair of fluxus raw denim. if there are, what are they and how do they fit like? thanks alot! :)
From the lookbook:

00 - Heritage Straight With Selvedge

01 - Classic Straight With Selvedge (501 cut)

02 - Basic Tapered With No Selvedge

03 - Basic Slim With No Selvedge

04 - Super Slim With No Selvedge

05 - Classic Tapered With Selvedge (505 cut)

07 - Women's Slim With No Selvedge

(10charzzzzzz)

what i will say is that Union is pricing you out. they have a monopoly it seems in the States so they seem to be taking the piss. same goes for Hideout in London. compare the prices to japan retail. it shouldn't be that much different. its not in Australia.

Hideout far from has a monopoly, DSM in london sells visvim as does hip in Leeds, but things in the UK are just generally expensive. I mean, in the states you pay $300 for a Jordan countdown pack right? Well over here a single pair of Jordans from size (a UK sneaker chain) would cost about $200. Hideout is overpriced sure, but they have to pay for their location and theyre only small. I still dont think youd get the stuff much cheaper if you proxied, and you run the serious risk of being absoultely raped by customs. In short, these shops charge what they think they should charge, sure theyre not cheap, but at tleast theyre there.

Anyway, enough of that. Has anyone seen the pocket tees (the ones with the pouch on the back) in person yet? I have an inexplicable lust for the leopard print one.

visvim is actually pricing themselves out of the us market and rising costs of transportation (and the weak us dollar) aren't helping. you'll note that union are one of the few stores that's actually stuck with them - the rest have either dropped the brand or just stuck with the g-line. obviously if visvim had cared about / understood the us market, the g-line wouldn't be such an abomination which kind of proves my point

I think that the creation of the G.Line played to what Visvim believed fitted the rest of the world's market but low and behold people that like Visvim from around the world, like it for what they have become accustomed too (I agree with you on G.Line being not so great). But as well, having said that, creating a G.Line on par with the rest of the collection in some ways takes away from the "specialness" of the other Japanese/Folk collections.

I can't really comment on how Vis wants to go about things on a global level, but he seems quite content with keeping the distribution quite tight for now in terms of global outlets (i.e. FILs worldwide etc).

9/3 (wed)

V00005206 Kiefer-hi Patala/ Sheep Skin

9/4 (thu)

Vs0000735 Fluxus 01 Black

Vs0000736 Fluxus 03 Black

Vs0000737 Fluxus 04 Black

Vs0000738 Fluxus 05 Black

Vs0000739 Fluxus 07 Black

Vs0000740 Fluxus 01 Black/black

Vs0000741 Fluxus 03 Black/black

Vs0000742 Fluxus 04 Black/black

Vs0000743 Fluxus 05 Black/black

Vs0000744 Fluxus 07 Black/black

Vs0000769 D. Scoop Tee L/s (luxsic)

Vs0000771 D. Scoop V-neck L/s (luxsic)

Vs0000773 D. Scoop Henley L/s (luxsic)

Vs0000788 Felt Weller L/s (giza 45)※f.i.l. Exclusive

Vs0000808 Ingall Shirt (sea Island)

Vs0000814 Ingall Stripe

Vs0000826 Diamante Crew

Vs0000827 Diamante V-neck

Vs0000841 Plateau Trader Jkt

it's a useful comparison, since obviously the authentic / era / old skool models were the "inspiration" behind the logans. but let's be clear - you can argue that the price is higher because the leather's made from baby seals (or more probably, due to leather lining throughout - including insole), but you also have to factor in the cost of production and shipping. neither of which necessarily contributes to the "quality" of the final production

"higher quality" is the fulcrum of visvim's marketing and their proxies. basically the difference between you and cream is that he only applies this to the footwear for whatever personal reasons he has.

so tell me again what makes a pair of shaman folks higher "quality" than the aforementioned handgrades? and btw i'm sure nakamura would agree with me on this point.

visvim is actually pricing themselves out of the us market and rising costs of transportation (and the weak us dollar) aren't helping. you'll note that union are one of the few stores that's actually stuck with them - the rest have either dropped the brand or just stuck with the g-line. obviously if visvim had cared about / understood the us market, the g-line wouldn't be such an abomination which kind of proves my point

your writing is quite hard to understand mate. very unclear as to what point your making here. i think you are saying that by using higher quality materials in the manufacture of apparel and shoes, that it does not to equate with making higher quality end product? that using manufacturers that higher in quality than dodgy chinese sweatshops does not equate to a higher end product? really? that their products are not better than say vans or supreme and therefore they should not be charging high prices. that's rather absurd mate.

oh and what is a handgrade?

i laugh at the fact that the States gets the g-line. is it not a reflection on the general style over there? perfect i would have thought. bright n bape'y. i'm sure he doesn't really have a nigo-style plan for stateside brand domination so i'm sure he doesn't really give a fuck about the states.

re UK pricing - yeah DSM has it but fuck all. their prices are also nuts. and i fail to see how you can compare retail to proxy. what has proxies got to do with it? i was discussing global retail price comparision of visvim and saying you guys in the uk get shafted - and compare to japan and australia you do. end of.

your writing is quite hard to understand mate. very unclear as to what point your making here. i think you are saying that by using higher quality materials in the manufacture of apparel and shoes, that it does not to equate with making higher quality end product? that using manufacturers that higher in quality than dodgy chinese sweatshops does not equate to a higher end product? really? that their products are not better than say vans or supreme and therefore they should not be charging high prices. that's rather absurd mate.

i laugh at the fact that the States gets the g-line. is it not a reflection on the general style over there? perfect i would have thought. bright n bape'y. i'm sure he doesn't really have a nigo-style plan for stateside brand domination so i'm sure he doesn't really give a fuck about the states.

re UK pricing - yeah DSM has it but fuck all. their prices are also nuts. and i fail to see how you can compare retail to proxy. what has proxies got to do with it? i was discussing global retail price comparision of visvim and saying you guys in the uk get shafted - and compare to japan and australia you do. end of.

his writing is fine, i have no idea what the hell you're trying to say though

(sound of case closing shut)

yeah, i'm sure he does an exclusive line for the us market because he cares so little about it. the fact that he (like you) seem to have a tin ear for what it would take to make the g-line successful in the states is really his problem but it's a shame, really.

by the way, bape is a japanese brand, right? so i'm not sure how they reflect on the us market. they're much more popular in japan than the us at the moment, trust me on this.

the rest i can't even bother discussing any more. maybe you can take some economics and marketing classes and sort yourself

yoox has a ton of visvim shit

good if you have small feet

if you go to yoox.com and select united kingdom they have the more visvim stuff than the american side. uk has the decoy boots and other good stuff

(sound of case closing shut)

yeah, i'm sure he does an exclusive line for the us market because he cares so little about it. the fact that he (like you) seem to have a tin ear for what it would take to make the g-line successful in the states is really his problem but it's a shame, really.

by the way, bape is a japanese brand, right? so i'm not sure how they reflect on the us market. they're much more popular in japan than the us at the moment, trust me on this.

the rest i can't even bother discussing any more. maybe you can take some economics and marketing classes and sort yourself

thanks for more insightful comment. if you were in my classes i would fail you as i still have zero idea as to what point(s) you're trying to make apart from the fact that hiroki has mis-read the US market with the g-line which is fair enough but you have still failed to address the original issue at hand - which is what you tried to call me out on - which was making comparison between visvim and other lesser quality street brands. and that it was fine to compare logans to vans. when i said it wasn't. simple. clear. and now very boring. zzzzzzz

On the weekend a bunch of crap dropped at FIL... not sure the full extent as there were dumb line ups on Sat ... rumour of Shaman MMJs??

Anyway... Keifer high with the fur shit on 'em... fuckin ugg boots x keifers... heinous...

all the plain l/s t-shirts, and s/s t-shirts... horizontal striped T's... (again?)

the two-'tone'/'split' shirt... light checkered pattern below the chest and a solid colour above... ala cdg shirt... made from whatchyoumacallit cotton

more chino's than you can shake a stick at... and cords

and some other shirts...

And again those keifers are buttfuckinugly

va0000165 Engineer Cap

Vs0000746 Chino Pants (giza)

Vs0000775 Jv Crew (luxsic)

Vs0000776 Jv Hoodie (luxsic)

Vs0000809 Shigatse Shirt (giza)

Vs0000811 Stein Mixed Stripe Shirt *f.i.l. Exclusive

Vs0000831 Double Stripe Crew

Vs0000832 Double Stripe Turtle Neck

Vs0000833 Elmendorf Italian Veggie Jkt *f.i.l. Exclusive