Visvim F/W 08.09

rirawin

if anyone has a pair of the S/S 2008 llamo folks (fbt or hockney) and worn them barefoot for any kind of decent distance perhaps you've noticed they give you blisters. well, the F/W 2008 hockney folks seemed to have used a suede-like insole instead of the leather one and that seemed to have cured the problem. the americana deck shoes do not have the suede insoles though.

yes, i love the folk series.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone has a pair of the S/S 2008 llamo folks (fbt or hockney) and worn them barefoot for any kind of decent distance perhaps you've noticed they give you blisters. well, the F/W 2008 hockney folks seemed to have used a suede-like insole instead of the leather one and that seemed to have cured the problem. the americana deck shoes do not have the suede insoles though.

yes, i love the folk series.

I've walked extensively in both Folk Lhamo/Folk Bearfoot FBT without socks and they were fine although the Folk non-Bearfoot FBTs are much more comfortable I find.

I've walked extensively in both Folk Lhamo/Folk Bearfoot FBT without socks and they were fine although the Folk non-Bearfoot FBTs are much more comfortable I find.

i only assumed this might've been common because 2 of my friends with lhamo visvims and myself have had the same problem.

It's the way the buttons are sewn on, they're aesthetically more pleasing because the thread doesn't go through to the other side, however it means they're less secure, likewise with last FW lieutenants peacoat. Just resew them, that's what I did to mine. Problem solved.

of course it solves the problem but having to resew buttons on a shirt i've worn all of two times is completely unacceptable to me. having to resew buttons on a shirt i've worn all of two times and paid $300 for makes me a feel like a total idiot. lesson learned that's all

rirawin, i'm sorry, but you are defending visvim like a brainless fanboy.

it's not for an aesthetic purpose that they are sewn so fragile, if it happens it's because their quality control fucking sucks.

a shirt whose buttons fall off after 2 wears is absolutelly unnaceptable, even more if it's a 300$ one. nothing like that ever happened to a shirt i have ever owned, whether it's h&m,margiela, jil sander or whatever.

i never had a problem with visvim, but my experience is just with their shoes, but this is really unreasonable. if it happened to me i wouldn't definetly not buy any similar items from them.

it disappoints me that visvim, a brand i looked up to for holding up the quality of their garments, is going down the drain.

it bugs me because they're lucky enough to be in the position that they have a huge consumer base that would buy them regardless of any price increases. they also don't have to spend any money on advertising or marketing since they take the HF route.

Despite the "Made in Japan" label attached to my flannel, I have doubts as to whether it was actually made in Japan going by the quality of some of finishings, in this case the buttons.

it's pretty easy to loophole the MIJ designation - you can have most of the garment assembled overseas, apply some finishing domestically and bob's your uncle.

but buttons aren't a big deal and are easy & cheap to fix. just think of it as a jil suit with unattached cuff buttons. either that or realize that your $300 flannel doesn't cure cancer.

I remember years ago having a discussion about the 7 hole boot... remember how the tags in their shoes would say these are not sneakers/athletic shoes so don't use 'em like they are... they are everyday shoes... so homie was like, 'the 7 holes aren't gonna last the way you want 'em to'... 5yrs later... 2 dozen trips to the Borneo rainforest - walking through mudpits, swamps, with more humidity than I thought was possible - and guess what the things are still ready for more..................

THEN came the denim.... bought the 05 and 01 models way back when, when they first did 'em (05?06?)... the raw black joints.... what a fuckin joke... the 01's after a week of wear started ripping at the seems from skating... then a couple months later a whole busts open in the knee...

So yeah........ I don't think you can say that all their products are flawless or defected... it's hit n' miss... unfortunately with the price tag that shit should be flawless each n' ever fuckin time.

there was a story from the FBT2 release that some kids sole fell off... took it back got a new replacement and a billion bows from the staff... hahaha

lets hope the new inner doesn't fall apart...

5f61_1.JPG

I have noticed that the production of their shoes has decreased in some cases as well. I feel that the Logan Mids that I have are more durable and made much better than the more recent Logan Lows. I believe the Mids were made in Korea while the Lows were made in China so that may be to blame. Anyway, I still think that most of their products are made pretty well, especially their outerwear. But as 78 stated, for the price, everything should be made pristine every time.

will be posting pics soon of my F/W 08-09 Elk Flannel with 3 broken buttons after 2 fucking wears!! most overpriced flannel on the webz and that shit couldnt take two nights out on the town. nonsense.

Have had exactly the same problem, 3 buttons off after two wears (both evening, 6/7 hours each time..). Luckily I managed to retain all the buttons but it's put me right off proxying more Visvim anytime soon.

The top button also bust on my packable townsend this week, again incredibly annoying and it's looking like it'll be a nightmare to fix.

Let's hope the UC Colab duck boots I just got through can handle a bit more action.