Dear Mexicans of Superfuture

dismalfuture

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh alright, you're doing a taco truck. you said taqueria and i thought you meant a full taqueria with seats and shit. can you sell booze out of a taco truck where you are?

you need a license? food biz is serious biz.

aight, here's what i'm going to suggest....

focus on quality meat. good pork, good chicken, good beef. forget the seafood.

also, you need to find a nastily delicious recipe for said meats. you want the tenderest, tastiest fucking meat. this is going to be your hook. best meat ever.

ok, can't do masa, alright, try out a few different types of flour tortillas and see which

you think are the deliciousest. maybe sneak into the back rooms of some taco joints and take some notes.

if you can't get good tomatoes, your ass better find some good premade pico de gallo.

otherwise, your ass is done for. either that, or you know what, be daring. come up with a pico de gallo recipe that doesnt use tomatoes. just do some onion, cilantro, and some roasted green peppers. call that shit "mexican relish".

also, your ass needs to get some good ass guacamole somehow if you can't make it yourself with fresh avocadoes.

so you do this....

sell per taco, and then do an order of three for a 10% discount off of the actual cost of 3

choose yr meat, mexi relish on that shit, guacamole extra.

and then, have a bunch of different hot sauces available. either premade or make a few batches of your own.

TACO TRUCK BUSINESS PLAN IS DONE

I'll stop the secret smarmy shit; I'm thinking about doing this on the streets of Seoul, posting up in front of various nightclubs depending on the night. Right now and up until now, there's been nothing like it, but one good food truck could rearrange everything if it was done properly and with some style, it's the right time.

This is the kinda truck I'm talking about:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bop/20057879/

It's not much of a truck, so I'd have to prepare most stuff in the afternoons at my place, and bring it out with me at night. Good thing those trucks only cost about $5000.

Stuff is mad expensive, I won't fuck with alcohol, since I'm gonna sell exclusively to drunk kids anyway. A beer costs about $2-4 per can at a corner store over there, and they're all over, so no reason to get into that, unless I have a B+M store.

Ingredients would be pricey, I would probably use pre-made tortillas and sauces to begin with, until I figure something better out. I can get your regular whitebread tortillas and ship Tapatio and El Yucatan to myself and leave the sauces on the counter.

Avocados will cost $2 per, so I can do it, but I'll have be stingy with them.

Meat is about the same as it is over here, with better availability, so that's just a matter of doing them up right.

I'll definitely have a house salsa cruda or pico de gallo, I can probably get a farmer in the boonies to grow me tomatoes and tomatilloes year-round. Those would take a month or so to get going. Limes are obviously not startable like that, and cost $1 a piece, so I'll just have to be sparing with them or use bottled.

In a different, non-American environment, would you cough at $2/piece tacos? Shawarmas are the only thing close to this, and they fetch about $4/per.

I have no master business plan such as OMC, but what I can say is on the burritos, in addition to superb meat, the tortilla, rice, guac/sour cream distribution and wrap job of the burrito are very critical.

No super market tortillas. Rice better be seasoned well, and cooked perfectly, fuck some crunchy rice. No pools of sour cream in one end of the burrito, shit's gross. Lastly, the burritos must have immaculate structural integrity. No leaking. No blowouts. Wrap the tortilla well, and wrap the tinfoil as if you are bundling up your only child for a journey through the Arctic tundra.

Listen - sell illegal, overpriced Raf Simons out of the back of the van and mexican food out of the front and I will fly myself and my girlfriend to where you are and work for free because it will be my six most important dreams coming true at once. My girlfriend might request payment, no guarantees.

can I hold you to this? I have something similar to, but better than your Raf Simons dreams to be done simultaneously with this truck.

yeah I thought of that. Cilantro I'll have to go lightly on, make it an optional thing. I don't have to worry about anything being too spicy, thankfully.

Mexican food is the one food market that is sorely lacking in Asia, but i don't know why it should be like that. It's the next big food trend to blow up, if done properly.

The shawerma guys on 53rd and 6th are pretty good. I think a truck stops by and drops their stuff off ready to cook. They seriously get a crazy amount of sales and have the food prepared very quickly. They usually get some plates ready with lettuce and bread, they just put in the rice and meet and give you the plate, you put in your own sauce and shit.

WTF is menudo? they only serve it sat and sunday in the joint I go to. why is al pastor so fucking good? I've lived out here for like 5 months now, and I'll say that east coast mexican food is a joke compared to the shit we have in so cal.

I don't know how I'm going to survive over there with you east coasters. I literally live on mexican food.

I highly suggest you fly to California and hit up a few of the best taco stands in LA and The Mission (San Francisco).

I think to do something like this right you'll have to taste the best to even attempt making the best.

I've been to Mexico six times, i've still not had tacos as good as some of the ones in The Mission and LA.

I highly suggest you fly to California and hit up a few of the best taco stands in LA and The Mission (San Francisco).

I think to do something like this right you'll have to taste the best to even attempt making the best.

I've been to Mexico six times, i've still not had tacos as good as some of the ones in The Mission and LA.

I haven't been there six times but I know people who live / work in Mexico most of the year and will agree with you: tacos are not as good in Mexico as they are in California.

I'm going to start work on making my own mexican food and then sell it out of my dorm to other desperate west coasters.

once you get settled, i'll compile a list of great places to eat. but it kind of sucks as a lot of them are on the north side near where I lived and not the east side where you'll be...but when you get a car, you'll love providence.

listen to omc

what i look for is vegetarian burrito and chips with said burrito

there was this dope place that had 12 inch burritos for like 5 bux, avacado 50 cents extra, free chips and hot sauce

I'm a born San Diegan and I haven't had mexi noms in months... what the fuck is wrong with me?

Servo, wheres the best place to get Mexican food in SD? I've only eaten at a few places and they were okay. I had some nice Pork Stomach tacos at a grocery store in Clairmont, but i'm convinced there has to be somewhere better! The mesto close to me is way to greasy (lard will squirt once you take a bite).

i go to taqueria pampano, which is an outpost of the restaurant at pampano and always order one pescad0 (diced white fish, not breaded cutlets), i cammarone which is shrimp and black bean, and one steak alambre with cheddar. with a drink it's $8.95. this has no bearing on anything cept that i fucking want this now.

I can get anything beef, pork, chicken, or seafood.

What would you order at your normal taqueria? (white people are free to answer this as well)

There are plenty of places on the east coast that do tacos right, they're just not in the whitey part of town.

quoted for truthaliciousness.

up here in the bronx over the past few years there's been an influx of a lot of mexican immigrants on the outskirts of the neighborhood-- duh, since it is mexicans inside all of the italian restaurants' kitchens-- and they within the last year opened two restaurants that are fucking gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

it's all authentic janx though, so no big ol' cali-style burritos, but i'm cool with that.

none of you fucks eat tortas?