Dear Mexicans of Superfuture

dismalfuture

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo we been apartment shoppin like a freshman at FIT my dude. A ninja of sleazy steeze is on now, and the boy with the golden closet will be joining as well. Give this a gander:

http://nicerent.com/mn_seoul_real_estate_advenced/advenced_search_detail.asp?intidxNum=1307&strSearch=AND%20(%20Pricekrw%20BETWEEN%202000000%20AND%203000000%20%20AND%20bedrooms%20%3E=%204)&strCboSelVal=

ive always wanted to know how other cultures would put their twist on 'pan dulces'

dsc00163ve5.jpg

im actually eating the one on the right, un cuerno or a horn in english, as i type this. i gave the concha, or sea shell to my brother.

the wonders that sweetened cinnamon bread, can do.

gf's fam gets these on the daily. They are pretty huge and the colors are cool. I should take some more often.

59419194_94b26dc68f_m.jpg

carne asada fries (super fries) always fill me up

Horchata__Medium.jpg

along wiht a cup of horchata

Am I the only idiot that ordered Jamaica (as in the islands)

Anyone that can provide information on the people, what is with the darkness/baggy eyes? It's some genetic trait found in many but not all latin people.

Ahlvahroe, I thought you were gonna school me with a proper treatise on Mexican food, this is disappointing.

ok so i guess ill break it down on what i expect from a traditional taco meal, from a taco vendor.

generally regular tortillas are like 5 inches across, but usually vendors use smaller ones, a little over 3 inches across, and they are doubled up so 2 small tortillas are used for 1 taco. also these should be steam heated.

the meat should usually be beef, carne asada, al pastor, cabeza, its all good. generous portions are not always necessary either. i dont know any good recipes for this but im assuming its easy find a decent one for just the meat. you can try other things like chicken, or chorizo, but beef is tried and true.

always have fresh chopped onion and cilantro.

other topping, the optional ones are, what i can only be described as pan fried vegetables. so you have to pan fry onion, sliced not chopped so the rings are still intact but soft, also green onion the little ones with the long stem, then come the jalapeños, fresh not canned but also fried as well. besides that have a supply of radishes, halved, and raw, those are not put in the tacos but eaten on the side.

there are 3 sauces to always have at hand, a tomatillo sauce (this is usually not spicy) a chili sauce, and a regular salsa (you know thick chopped tomato, chili pepper, onion, cilantro thing.) my mom actually gave me her recipe its hella easy. first fire roast some tomatoes and jalapeños, fresh of course, till they are nice and charred, then throw them into the blender, add salt to taste, add water to desired consistency, you have the option of adding garlic too but not too much, and serve.

last year i was having tacos with my mom in mexico and the tacos were amazing but the ambiance was horrible, like i was sitting on milk crates, and what not. but i would go back cause good tacos is a bigger draw than ugly backgrounds.

hopefully thats good for now.

yo we been apartment shoppin like a freshman at FIT my dude. A ninja of sleazy steeze is on now, and the boy with the golden closet will be joining as well. Give this a gander:

http://nicerent.com/mn_seoul_real_estate_advenced/advenced_search_detail.asp?intidxNum=1307&strSearch=AND%20(%20Pricekrw%20BETWEEN%202000000%20AND%203000000%20%20AND%20bedrooms%20%3E=%204)&strCboSelVal=

this looks perfect for the dungeon.

98700700pl2.gif

Yo, if you and mass could make it in time, we coulda fricking American style-house with lawn. If we could do that, then I can guarantee at least 50 drunk Japanese girls on our lawn at all times.

• 3 weeks later...

I had tacos al pastor again today, actually. I take all my friends there for lunch which is bad. :\

When I was there 2 days ago they didn't have al pastor so I ended up with carne asada fries.. que gringo..

• 2 weeks later...
telling you, man, pampano on 3rd ave between 49 and 50. only reason to go that far uptown, but worth it. also comes with agua fresca, usually melon, watermelon, etc.

Yeah, that place rocks in my memory. Though I haven't been in like 5 years. Placido Domingo owns the joint, right?

@junglejane

simon chava!

i used to make a sort of home-made snow cone:

ingredients:

crushed ice

lots of lucas

lots of sugar

instructions:

place ingredients in a cup

stir

eat

mmm I had piratas for lunch..yes pirates