Dear Mexicans of Superfuture

dismalfuture

telling you, man, pampano on 3rd ave between 49 and 50. only reason to go that far uptown, but worth it. also comes with agua fresca, usually melon, watermelon, etc.

shit is always written up and is good. in the basement of crystal pavillion. an otherwise innocuous office building.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quoted for truthaliciousness.

up here in the bronx over the past few years there's been an influx of a lot of mexican immigrants on the outskirts of the neighborhood-- duh, since it is mexicans inside all of the italian restaurants' kitchens-- and they within the last year opened two restaurants that are fucking gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

it's all authentic janx though, so no big ol' cali-style burritos, but i'm cool with that.

none of you fucks eat tortas?

I eat Lengua Tortas all the time son!!!

so fucking tell me about the mexican joints in nyc. I want fucking mexican now.

I haven't had mexican anything in a year or so, whenever it is I last went to California.

There's like hundreds of Mexican carts, stands, trucks, and sitdown spots in woodside, jackson heights, and corona along Roosevelt ave from like 52nd street to 110th street.

This spot is near my place

http://gothamist.com/2007/11/29/la_casa_del_ido.php

but the place across the street is much better.

yes, woodside, corona, bushwick and such are all good spots for this. my friend bought a coop in woodside and paid the street meat taco guy to cater. was good shit.

There's like hundreds of Mexican carts, stands, trucks, and sitdown spots in woodside, jackson heights, and corona along Roosevelt ave from like 52nd street to 110th street.

This spot is near my place

http://gothamist.com/2007/11/29/la_casa_del_ido.php

but the place across the street is much better.

I will be eating your tacos, count on it.

When I was living in Nagoya, I had a tacos frequently at a place called Jerry's Uno. The tacos were kinda cheap, like Y300 per. They had some weird Japanese style tacos like chicken teriyaki and tuna and the locals loved those bastardizations. So maybe do a couple semi-authentic tacos and then something like bibimbop beef and kimchi. That shit'll sell like hotcakes and you can cop good ingrediants fairly cheap. They didn't put tomatoes on most of their tacos either because of how expensive there are over there. Having a three taco deal is a great idea. People want a lot of food when they're drunk.

Are you doing this in Hongdae mostly or are you going to be all over the map. You can build a reputation if you're following some sort of schedule with exceptions for big parties and festivals. I'm almost certain there is a taco joint in Itaewon so you should check it out if you haven't already, see what the Koreans are currently getting for tacos.

This is some David Chang shit. Do koreans know about him/dick ride his proud native son status?

Yes he is the messiah of the Korean culinary world. Koreans are convinced that his Michelin 2 knife&fork rating is higher than all the 1-3 Michelin star ratings in all of Tokyo and Paris.

About lengua: It sounds good. It really does. But I just can't get over eating a tongue. Can someone convince me to try it please? I just need a pep talk or something. Oh, does it still have the skin, like the taste buds and shit on it, or is it just meat? +rep for a good argument. Thanks...

Whatever you do, make some bomb asss sauce. Make some fucking delicious sauce to go on your tacos. There's this burrito joint downtown that makes some fucking delicious sauce which makes their nasty ass burritos taste way better.

yes, tomatoes are not necessary but tomatillos are, at least for all of the essential sauces.

and as for tortas lomo (pork loin), is my personal favorite, use this and you are golden.

torta should always be grilled with sour cream, and on a related note never put sour cream on your tacos, thats just wrong.

yes, tomatoes are not necessary but tomatillos are, at least for all of the essential sauces.

and as for tortas lomo (pork loin), is my personal favorite, use this and you are golden.

torta should always be grilled with sour cream, and on a related note never put sour cream on your tacos, thats just wrong.

Alvahroe, I thought you were gonna school me with a proper treatise on Mexican food, this is disappointing.

im at work right now so i cant give a thorough discourse on the pro and cons and reasoning behind what goes on what and why. next time homie.

oh and i just got your message england, the pollo loco by my place has all mexicans working there so its all good.

Mexican food in Korean has been tried and failed I believe.

Koreans aren't gonna eat something from an inferior nation/culture.

They don't eat their own food?

I don't know shit about tacos, all I can say is never order some in London, taste like english cuisine.