Dear Mexicans of Superfuture

dismalfuture

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm from Southern California, making me automatically at least 80 times more qualified than Canadians. I could use some work over next summer.

this is like RIGHT NOW dude. I'm talking maybe next week.

i am not mexican, but i will break it down for you.

fresh ingredients

+

cheap prices

+

one signature item

=

success.

in other words, fuck everything else and pour the most of your money into your food costs. buy the best shit you can buy. sell it at a reasonable price, don't aim to make

a ton of money right out of the gate.

also, do some research and try and come up with something unique you can serve.

a certain type of taco, a dessert, or an alcoholic beverage. this will be the clincher you can pitch when the press starts sniffing around. PR is important.

if your gonna hav burritos, make sure that shit as a good bean to rice ratio. I hate it when burritoes have too much beans. And too much rice just makes it taste like chinese food wraped in a totilla.

on i side note, id rather have too much rice than too much bean.

EDIT: and horchata!

I feel that OMC. This is a food truck, street level shit, so basically I can only have one or two things, with the ability to subtract stuff to order. What are people gonna want from their tacos?

I can't get: masa, fresh limes in big enough quanities to give away, really good tomatoes. Everything else is fine.

avocadoes are mad expensive too. :(

if i were to go out right now to a fast food restaurant in my car but just in a tshirt and my boxers would that be completely weird? i don't feel like putting on shoes or pants really and i'm kinda hoping the people at drive thru wouldn't really mind. imean they've got to have seen worse shit that that right? right ? right ? rgith?dasasa

fresh ingredients

also, do some research and try and come up with something unique you can serve.

a certain type of taco, a dessert, or an alcoholic beverage. this will be the clincher you can pitch when the press starts sniffing around. PR is important.

I'm telling you, tacos al pastor. Maybe fuck with some sort of fruit salsa on that or something. I've seen it served with pineapples (A+) so some sort of nice citrus combination would go over well.

double corn tortilla (two on one taco)

carne asada (of course right?)

diced onions

not really sure what kind of leaf is mainly used

freshness

SALSA SALSA SALSA

tapatio on the side

horchata/tamarindo/ other fruit drinks

i don't know about scais but good burritos have very little beans/rice, not that they're even meccican

I gotta serve this to people who may have never had Mexican food in their life. They eat tripe, but I'm not sure if I want to fuck with too much of that stuff. What is the safest pork/chicken-based taco menu + toppings for a general eating crowd?

I gotta serve this to people who may have never had Mexican food in their life. They eat tripe, but I'm not sure if I want to fuck with too much of that stuff. What is the safest pork/chicken-based taco menu + toppings for a general eating crowd?

if it's al pastor then cilantro and onion is the norm i think.

just use your truck as a front and sell fake ids and green cards.

I'm gonna do it better, it is a front for hollering at girls, and bringing food and steez to the victims.

I feel that OMC. This is a food truck, street level shit, so basically I can only have one or two things, with the ability to subtract stuff to order. What are people gonna want from their tacos?

I can't get: masa, fresh limes in big enough quanities to give away, really good tomatoes. Everything else is fine.

avocadoes are mad expensive too. :(

oh alright, you're doing a taco truck. you said taqueria and i thought you meant a full taqueria with seats and shit. can you sell booze out of a taco truck where you are?

you need a license? food biz is serious biz.

aight, here's what i'm going to suggest....

focus on quality meat. good pork, good chicken, good beef. forget the seafood.

also, you need to find a nastily delicious recipe for said meats. you want the tenderest, tastiest fucking meat. this is going to be your hook. best meat ever.

ok, can't do masa, alright, try out a few different types of flour tortillas and see which

you think are the deliciousest. maybe sneak into the back rooms of some taco joints and take some notes.

if you can't get good tomatoes, your ass better find some good premade pico de gallo.

otherwise, your ass is done for. either that, or you know what, be daring. come up with a pico de gallo recipe that doesnt use tomatoes. just do some onion, cilantro, and some roasted green peppers. call that shit "mexican relish".

also, your ass needs to get some good ass guacamole somehow if you can't make it yourself with fresh avocadoes.

so you do this....

sell per taco, and then do an order of three for a 10% discount off of the actual cost of 3

choose yr meat, mexi relish on that shit, guacamole extra.

and then, have a bunch of different hot sauces available. either premade or make a few batches of your own.

TACO TRUCK BUSINESS PLAN IS DONE

I'm gonna do it better, it is a front for hollering at girls, and bringing food and steez to the victims.

Listen - sell illegal, overpriced Raf Simons out of the back of the van and mexican food out of the front and I will fly myself and my girlfriend to where you are and work for free because it will be my six most important dreams coming true at once. My girlfriend might request payment, no guarantees.

god damn that looks good.

dead serious i am a genius at this shit.

basically, the beauty is youre doing a truck. low overhead there.

the mexican relish idea ive seen done in the past and it is kind of

fucking delicious. people dont even miss the tomato.

bulk tortillas, cheap.

bulk guacamole, not cheap, but taken care of by charging extra for it.

hot sauces, honestly, cheaper if you make your own batches. make one

red, one green, one mild. recipes are all over the internet. you can make huge

pots and freeze that shit and use it as time goes on. cheap as fuck.

you'll spend the most on having really good meat and that's that. that's the focus

of the damn thing anyway. good toppings are great and all but if your meat is

shit then youre screwed.

do a carne asada for your beef option, shredded achiote chicken for the poultry,

and a traditional carnitas for the pork option. again, recipes all over the place.

the buy one or buy three thing is great. with the discount for three, people will usually buy three. keeping you monied up and also keeping your food from going to waste.

if youre good at managing your money and reinvesting, i could project a taco truck with a simple menu like this with decent foot traffic being profitable within a few months.

also, dont neglect customer service. you need to be the nicest bitch in town. suck people's dicks a little. someone drops a taco, remake it. get known for being fun to go to plus your great food.

also, at the end of the day, give your leftovers away to the homeless. that shit brings back so much karma. i know restaurants that do this and somehow, theyre the ones that do the best business. know why? because feeding the homeless is some bomb ass shit that will get you mad love from the gods of success.

DON"T FORGET CHORIZO!!!

make sure to have plenty of cilantro and diced onions and LIME. a variety of salsa. get those pickled carrots too. offer a small roasted onion with each order as a gimic. or that spicy/sweet mexican candy. always have a little gimic. OMC is good business planner!

i am local taco truck connaisseur.