2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

I take it these are going to be sanforized?

Yes, sanforized....

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped by the Dry Bones store in Nagoya today

It was pretty slick, small store, but they had a ton of stuff.

I was talking to the clerk about the Sushi Ear denim and stuff, and it was pretty slick.

Canvas Lined Pockets, the Canvas on the fly, the Purple/Pink selvage. I didn't really like the fit on the guitar wolf, and the other cut with Fuji-san on the pockets only came in 1wash.

Dry Bones also makes a lot of shirts using original fabrics that they weave themselves. They had shoes, wallets, chains, tiki's, a couple original t's that are a collab with the writer of Atom Boy (the manga), and this collab with some masked guy who does a lot of like psycho betty type art. They even carried combs and original Dry Bones pomade, haha.

I was talking to the clerk about how Selfedge carried dry bones, and he had no idea. I asked him if he had any details about the contest too, but both clerks had no idea, and I showed them on the store computer.

But the denim is super nice, they had a sample of a used pair, and the fades were super crisp, even if Japanese people usually go for like, vintage fades (washed fairly often). Should be a good contest.

I ended up leaving with a Tshirt.

Is it just me or is a 38 inch inseam a bit excessive? Granted, its all tentative, but nonetheless, its going to be close to it. Hemming it 6 inches(in my case) kind of ruins the whole effort to make the cut of the jeans best for everyone. I have no idea of how this affects the price, but what are the chances of choosing between two different inseams? I'm guessing really small.

Is it just me or is a 38 inch inseam a bit excessive? Granted, its all tentative, but nonetheless, its going to be close to it. Hemming it 6 inches(in my case) kind of ruins the whole effort to make the cut of the jeans best for everyone. I have no idea of how this affects the price, but what are the chances of choosing between two different inseams? I'm guessing really small.

what the fuck bro. i bolded the dumbass part.

so you're saying... we should make the inseam 32 because you want it 32? no, that REALLY defeats the purpose of making the best cut for everyone. what if someone wants to stack? yeah. exactly. buy the jeans at self edge, get em hemmed, and shush. having a long inseam allows for everyone's styles, just some people might have to cough up $10 to get theirs hemmed.

what the fuck bro. i bolded the dumbass part.

so you're saying... we should make the inseam 32 because you want it 32? no, that REALLY defeats the purpose of making the best cut for everyone. what if someone wants to stack? yeah. exactly. buy the jeans at self edge, get em hemmed, and shush. having a long inseam allows for everyone's styles, just some people might have to cough up $10 to get theirs hemmed.

No. Thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm not saying that it should be made per everyone's individual inseam size let alone mine. I'm saying that, for the many people that have to get them hemmed a few inches, the cut would probably turn into a straight leg, which (and I'm assuming here) is not what alot of people are looking for.

Just my opinion, no need to think that I'm making demands here.

^^ (edit: to jake toI agree, but I just wanted to post because I LOL at your sig

amar, we all know what your saying, but you can always have them tapered so that the fit is slimmer to fit the silloutte you want. I mean if the jeans are ~$200, tailoring would be like 10% of the purchase price

hmmm. well, sherlock, i really, really doubt the jeans are going to have a CONTINUOUS and noticeable taper from the knee down to the hem to the point where hemming them a few inches would destroy the cut (going from slim --> straight). but, in your case, hemming them to 32 (which in my opinion is downright folly) would probably fuck the cut up.

so, in my opinion, you shouldn't treat these jeans as any other pair of your jeans... i.e., which i can only assume would be letting them stack. live a little, man. you don't know what you're missing. there's a world of denim and fadez you can get when you let your denim get crinkled (oh lord!) above your ankle. :)

no really, sorry to come off seeming like a dickhead, whcih i don't entirely mean to do, but i'm pretty sure the general consensus is to have some stacking. and sure, do what'cha want, but don't complain or enquiring upon the ridic idea of having two different inseams... what's next? the option of button fly or zip fly?

In my experience of selling, designing, and wearing jeans.. hemming a pair of jeans only drastically alters the over all silhouette when the jeans are flared or boot-cut.

Straight leg jeans or slightly tapered jeans aren't very much affected by reducing the length by 2" to 6"...

Keep in mind that everybody, especially those that spend large amounts of times on fashion forums, need to pay far less time looking at measurements and numbers and more time looking at photos of fits. The numbers mean a lot less than you think, there's a lot more than just throwing numbers around and picking out the weight of the denim.

Hemming a long jean is what every single person that's into all the brands we adore here in Japan does, none of these Japanese denim brands make different inseam lengths, there's no reason to start now, we'll chainstitch the shit for you.

No. Thats not what I'm saying at all. I'm not saying that it should be made per everyone's individual inseam size let alone mine. I'm saying that, for the many people that have to get them hemmed a few inches, the cut would probably turn into a straight leg, which (and I'm assuming here) is not what alot of people are looking for.

Just my opinion, no need to think that I'm making demands here.

stilts.jpg

Shit, if the inseam is gonna be 38, I'm gonna have to hem them like 6 inches.

But so what? They'll still look fucking sweet.

I confess that I am not a size 28 waist though, my legs will be slim fit no matter what I hem them to.

-Jake

same height as you and I usually do pretty much the same get them hemmed to 34 just cause you never know when your gonna want to roll um' up.

I'm 5'11", but all the height's in my torso - 30 inseam, so, I tend to hem to 32. That way I can stack a little or cuff a little, depending on how I'm feeling. The fact that they are sanforized makes this a no-brainer for me.

-Jake

Just a quick update ..

Thanks for 213 pm's...I'm sorry for not being able to respond to all the questions I've been asked so far - all the details regarding ordering and sizing and cut and s on will be answered in this thread.

Start date will be 01/01/09 - special jeans for a special year....

same height as you and I usually do pretty much the same get them hemmed to 34 just cause you never know when your gonna want to roll um' up.

thanks :) i got my sams hemmed to 36 thinking it would be fine....

i really dont know what i was thinking.

Just a quick update ..

Thanks for 213 pm's...I'm sorry for not being able to respond to all the questions I've been asked so far - all the details regarding ordering and sizing and cut and s on will be answered in this thread.

Start date will be 01/01/09 - special jeans for a special year....

hi beatle,

thanks for adding me to the already long list!

i am aware that this is going to hurt, but as I am a total newbie to the forum and contest denim, i would like to ask some questions which might or might not be answered so far!

i really tried to read all posts in this thread, but after reaching page 30 i was starting to feel dizzy and a huge headache started to manifest.

so, here are my (utterly naive) questions:

- is this jeans going to be similar to the dry bones red-d (dp-580)?

- if not, what will be the cut or what is the current state of discussion?

- will the payment be made via selfedge.com?

- how do i make sure i get the right size (i need a minimum of 35.5-36 in the waist and a minimum 36 in the inseam, after washing)?

- when will we have to identify and communicate our size and to whom?

- when will they be delivered?

many thanks and sorry for all the (for most of you obvious) answers which might spam this thread - i would highly appreciate these answers! :o

+specs on the cut soon..sample jeans still in work - slim, mid rise

+yes, payment via selfedge

+you'll be able to figure out the right size once measurements are all confirmed

+sanforized denim - not much shrinkage to be expected , I'm pretty sure all the tall guy will be served

+selfedge

+before the contest starts

It's a go..

Jimmy please email me when you have a second.