2009 Superfuture Conest - Dry Bones

beatle

Are you up for it  

479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

Braidkid - that would be great...

There's no numbers....but the run would be pretty much limited to the number of people that showed interest....

In other words - I haveur pm - your def. gonna e able to get a pair...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The slightly more unknown aspect of these jeans excites me more than the flatheads which have been conquered almost unbeatably by sidneylo.

did you see lambs FH's? theyre pretty damn nice :D

and i agree, it seems alot of people are reluctant of drybones... but how will you ever know if you haven't tried?

I've seen some nice FHs in the evo thread yep. Doesn't that just strengthen my first point though?

I thought the word almost would qualified that statment to avoid rebuttlals like this; oh well. Maybe I've got this all wrong.

both pairs are awesome.

but i think dry bones were chosen because of some additional factors that made them preferable for this contest like price, and freedom of design for our specific requests.

i am cool either way, but i really want there to be a 36" post-soak inseam. please.

I don't think FH is still being considered for this contest.

Here's why I'm excited about Dry Bones. As of now, there are very few models of Dry Bones available in the US. Selfedge sells 3, and I haven't been able to find more on Japanese sites. Having a fourth model would greatly expand their lineup, and would allow for many people, who might not have the correct body types for the other three, to buy their first pair of Dry Bones.

On the other hand, Flat Head already makes a perfect slim jean (3001/310) and more relaxed jean (380). They've done a collaboration with selfedge, and according to Kiya, they have a more tapered jean coming out soon. Look to Rakuten and you'll find countless cuts and denim types, from slim to repro.

We have a chance to make Dry Bones a lot more viable here. Personally, I am not interested in the cut of any of their current jeans and have yet to be impressed by any of the fit pictures I've seen. I don't think I'm alone in that. Everything else about their style and construction looks spot on. This contest, along with the jeans it inspires, could be big for Dry Bones. That means they'll be even more invested in making us some perfect, original denim. I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Alright, cool. Dry Bones! Yay.

Although while this will be another model for them out in the US, I don't think this'll be that far off from the Red-D model. We're doing a slim cut, slight taper from the leg, right? Sounds fairly similar with a little more give in the thighs.

Don't know how I missed this thread. Jeans sound killer!!! Fantastic patches by Jimmy. I'd suggest a pretty simple back pocket design so if you prefer to have it plain it's easier to unpick.

Price seems fair too. Count me in!

Nobody should count themselves out just yet...

I've got a few twists to this project i'm working on.

In the end i'm sure you'll all love the finished jean, it just may not be exactly what you expected, but i guarantee the changes will be a welcome addition.

Most people thought that FH would be too expensive - and I'm actually happy to give this relatively unknown brand a try...

I don't have a pair of Dry Bones, so I'm fucking excited to get some... especially a special run. Not to mention, didn't Kiya post that Self Edge fell in love with the Sushi Ear denim after the second/third restock? I'm up for it.

Nobody should count themselves out just yet...

I've got a few twists to this project i'm working on.

In the end i'm sure you'll all love the finished jean, it just may not be exactly what you expected, but i guarantee the changes will be a welcome addition.

Well if your "twist" is another pair of different denim, I'm in. But I'm wearing Red-D's as I post this so......