479 members have voted

1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kiya... i have an american express gift card. would i be able to use it to purchase these over the phone?

If the value is over what the jeans cost you can just use it on our site.

maybe someone (Kiya?) should start a new thread on April first dedicated just to the contest? Like: start date, prize info, maybe a little info on the jeans and then open it up to evo pics and conversation. And then fit, sizing, random questions that clutter up this thread could just fizzle through this original one.

maybe someone (Kiya?) should start a new thread on April first dedicated just to the contest? Like: start date, prize info, maybe a little info on the jeans and then open it up to evo pics and conversation. And then fit, sizing, random questions that clutter up this thread could just fizzle through this original one.

I assume this will be done in due time, we still have almost a month until the start date.

Just my pair today. I decided on size 36 since my Samurai's in 34 are a little tight around my thighs. I wear APC perfectly in size 34.

I am glad I went with size 36 as my thighs are a good fit and I wanted a more loose fit in these not skinny jeans.

12.jpg

Ok, I just got mine in the mail today. Size 33. I feel like they might be a little tight, won't be bad if I don't soak.

Are there any disadvantages to not soaking? What if I just wear them as is because I like the fit now? Any difference in the long run? Or should I exchange them for a 34 so I can do a soak?

Ok, I just got mine in the mail today. Size 33. I feel like they might be a little tight, won't be bad if I don't soak.

Are there any disadvantages to not soaking? What if I just wear them as is because I like the fit now? Any difference in the long run? Or should I exchange them for a 34 so I can do a soak?

Just wear them now and once they stretch out a bit you can do a quick ten minute cold soak.

If/when you wash them

Things like inseam may shrink to the point where things like honeycombs are out of place I guess.

These don't shrink so much where you'd have to worry about faded spots moving a lot...

Just wear them now and once they stretch out a bit you can do a quick ten minute cold soak.

Thanks for the quick response. Since I'm a noob, what will a 10 minute cold soak do?

Did I see it mentioned earlier in the thread that I can soak just the bottom block if I want to shorten the inseam?

Thanks for the quick response. Since I'm a noob, what will a 10 minute cold soak do?

Did I see it mentioned earlier in the thread that I can soak just the bottom block if I want to shorten the inseam?

Yeah, you can do that.. just soak the legs for 30 minutes in warm water.. it'll shrink it up about 1" or so..

kiya, if i'm trying to get the most shrinkage before wearing (1" in waist, 2" in inseam), is a 30-40 min. hot soak enough?

also, i ordered a 36" inseam; it wouldn't be too difficult to take off just 1" from the inseam would it?

I'm trying to convince myself that the thigh on the 34 is bigger... Thats the only thing preventing my purchase...
bigger than what? its the same exact size as the 33

Kiya, is this correct? I'm seeing it on the selfedge site, but I as well am having a hard time believing the thigh on the 33 is the same size as the 34. Seems like the 34 should be a tad bigger...I hope.

kiya, if i'm trying to get the most shrinkage before wearing (1" in waist, 2" in inseam), is a 30-40 min. hot soak enough?

also, i ordered a 36" inseam; it wouldn't be too difficult to take off just 1" from the inseam would it?

Yeah, a hot 30 minute soak would be enough to get all the shrinkage out, just to make sure you can always dry the jean in the dryer for 20 minutes on high.

Kiya, is this correct? I'm seeing it on the selfedge site, but I as well am having a hard time believing the thigh on the 33 is the same size as the 34. Seems like the 34 should be a tad bigger...I hope.

Yes, it's correct, at least in the pairs we measured. The difference in the thigh on a jean from one size to the next is normally between only .2" and .4" anyway, not extremely noticeable if the grading was done correctly.

Yeah, a hot 30 minute soak would be enough to get all the shrinkage out, just to make sure you can always dry the jean in the dryer for 20 minutes on high.

agreed. i do this with all jeans that aren't sanforized to the tune of 2% or less shrinkage; hot wash and hot dry. just be sure to throw a couple of towels in the dryer for that cycle or else you may end up with some nasty creases that will prove to be a pain to get out of stiff, starched denim. also be ready to scrub indigo out of the dryer.

so i feel like the consensus is that kiya is suggesting to purchase it slightly bigger and then shrink to fit with the soak.

why is it not better to get it either right at the perfect size or even smaller, and then stretch it out? sorry for the noob questions, but even if it shrinks in waist 1", wont it stretch back out with continuous wear?

true size, tag sizes on these? this helps people on the fence or unsure about how to size them if you give this information when you post fit pics.

Here are some shitty fit pics, sorry the lighting is bad.

Verdict? Too tight? Or just the right size?

got mine in the mail today too

poor lighting i know

any feedback you guys have would be greatly appreciated