1. 1. Are you up for it

• YES - Beatle rocks
    • NO - Beatle doesn't suck

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after further inspection...

just a few things i'd like to point out...

what happend to coin pocket selvedge?

2vno2z4.jpg

k00wom.jpg

the crotch could have been put together a little better for a jean that's supposed to hold up a year

we'll see how that goes

14weoe9.jpg

and here's a couple pictures of details i haven't seen pictures of..

a tag on the pocket bag

seems they knew it was unsanforized too

wqpxk0.jpg

and my favorite detail...the pocket lining edging the fly, never seen that before

really nice touch

2h34pvr.jpg

The coin pocket selvedge was scrapped at the last minute in exchange for a different way of folding in the fabric to create the coin pocket.

i can't say i understand the importance of coin pocket selvage, since it's clearly the same selvage denim being used for the pocket. you've got a good eye for noticing that, though. just not something that would sway me either way when it comes to buying these jeans :-P

Wait.. the hemmed scraps ARE included with the jeans right..? right? :|

I thought the tailor (Doc Pop) uses the scraps to make wallets and other stuff...

Anyways, after seeing all these pics, I'm getting more and more eager to get mine. Can't wait for them to come in!

Wait.. the hemmed scraps ARE included with the jeans right..? right? :|

Not unless you stated that you wanted them in the notes of the order..

sewing on the tab is easy, just read the FC contest thread(pg.125) and sweat the technique...when santa put the tab in your pocket, he should've put in a few inches of thread. if you have your hem scraps you can just cut one of the threads in the chainstitch, and pull. it unravels easily. you'll have enough thread to sew in 2 tabs.

Kiya

I am finding myself not not able to resist. I am a 31 in Iron Heart 634S and a 32 in Okinawas.....what size will I need in these?

Zakurie..

Get a size 31 in these and do a hot soak once you get them.

Hm...well, SE doesn't carry PBJ, so I guess comparing those directly is hard...

How about Flat Head S5003? The relaxed fit. I picked up a 30, but could have probably gone with a 29. I'm thinking 30 or 31 in the DB's cause the rise is so low.

Get a size 30 in these, if you've got some extra room do a hot soak when you get them.

im about to pull the trigger but have no idea if i should hem or not. i have apc ns and wear them stacked and cuffed. should i hem to same general length of NS? which is 34" correct?

Get them hemmed exactly 1.5" longer than where you want them to end up after a hot soak, they shrink between 1.5" and 2" depending on how you soak them.

got my pair today and they are awesome... can't wait to start wearing them but i've only had my 710xx's for 3 months :T

great job to everyone involved in making these jeans, and esp. kiya for getting them out the door so fast

btw first post! and so it begins

Get a size 30 in these, if you've got some extra room do a hot soak when you get them.

Thanks Kiya. I'll probably try and purchase at the end of this week or next week after I sell off some things.

I actually tried on the Flat Head S5003 again, and the thighs on the 30 are about where I'd like...29 was more so for the waist. Still stick with a 30 in the DB's? Also, do you have a knee measurement on the DB's - any size? Say about 12" down from the crotch?

Really appreciate it, Kiya.