• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Quote:

you think those look like californias? this is a pair of california:

cali.jpg

--- Original message by mr p on Nov 7, 2005 01:30 AM

this guy looks like me... but anyways

those jeans are sick, they look really dark... like black dark? are they the black model?

and the sweaters crazy

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Nov 7, 2005 08:49 PM

they are blue, and yeah i do wear them low, like all my other jeans.

the sweater is from edwin

erfect

Quote:

mr p... are you 19 or older? and if so do you have an extra ID you could send me?

sarcasm meter --> 0... i actually am dying here away at school without one.

--- Original message by showbiz00ditc on Nov 8, 2005 09:17 AM

hahah, no sorry. i'm only 18

erfect

Quote:

thanx for your thoughts guys. They are calis (30x34) and are verrry tight around the waist. still deciding if i should keep em...

Has anyone had them long enough to comment on how much they'll stretch?

--- Original message by JAMAICAxBRASIL on Nov 11, 2005 10:17 AM

they stretch about as much as any other jeans, like half a size or a whole size depending on how you wear them

erfect

They will stretch, don't worry. I've had my California's for a little over a week, and they've gone from a 15" waist brand new to 16.5" waist. They were VERY tight when I got them, but once they stretched a little, I put on a pair of Under Armour Cold Gear leggings to speed up the process. With a few days of normal wear, they are not only comfortable, but I can't believe how much they have stretched in such a short period.

Quote:

They will stretch, don't worry. I've had my California's for a little over a week, and they've gone from a 15" waist brand new to 16.5" waist. They were VERY tight when I got them, but once they stretched a little, I put on a pair of Under Armour Cold Gear leggings to speed up the process. With a few days of normal wear, they are not only comfortable, but I can't believe how much they have stretched in such a short period.

--- Original message by Spencer on Nov 11, 2005 07:13 PM

thanx a lot spencer. so happy to hear that...dont really love taking deep breaths just to button jeans...:)

i think the quality is amazing. I dont have any apc but ive felt/tried em on before and they were quite nice (didnt have the money) but the julian reds are really thick (i think they are 14.5 oz.) and well constructed. I can only compare then to my earnest sewn filsons which are considerably thinner. I also found the calis to be 'softer' than some other raw denim ive seen.

Quote: i know you cannot beat dior denim - but are the above good alternatives?

I've have a few pairs of premium denim and I can say that I kind of prefer my A.P.C.'s over my Diors. I'm just fond of the heavier weight, starchier(sp?) denim, I guess.

I can't speak on Julian Red however, I don't own a pair. But that'll change soon.

http://www.tragicbliss.com

Here's a quick rundown / comparison on a few pairs of jeans that seem to be mentioned a bunch around here. I'm 6'1" and 165 pounds.

Julian Red California's 31 x 34 - 15" waist at the start, very tight in the waist and hips, slim and slightly tapered leg. Mid rise. Fairly stiff at the start.

APC Cure (Tight) 30 x 36 - 15.5" waist at the start, snug from top to bottom, slim and slightly tapered leg. VERY high rise. Very stiff at the start.

APC New Standards 31 x 35 - 16" waist at the start, comfortable in the waist, and loose all the way down. Mid rise comparable to the JR. Very stiff at the start.

Dior Dry 30 x 35 - 15.5" waist at the start, snug in the waist and hips, slim straight leg all the way down. Mid to low rise. Very soft for dry denim.

Nudie RR Dry Selvage 30 x 34 - 15" waist at the start, very snug in the waist and hips, bootcut from the knee down. Quality of the denim seems to be tops amongst all listed. If only slightly. Medium to high rise.

All have stretched about the same with similar wear.

Edited by Spencer on Nov 12, 2005 at 02:23 PM