Julian Red Jeans.. opinions? fit?

himatey

not to resurrect an old topic but I was wondering if anyone else could give some more opinions on size/fit.

I think I am a true 30w and I recently ordered a 30x34 after talking with fos5 and noticing that they list them as running a bit small. My only reference in straighter cuts is diesels farco (30w) and earnest sewn's filson (31w..but could easily wear the 30).

will these 30 calis fit me? I want them fairly slim fitting

would be bummed if they didnt and 29 sells out icon_smile_sad.gif

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

not to resurrect an old topic but I was wondering if anyone else could give some more opinions on size/fit.

I think I am a true 30w and I recently ordered a 30x34 after talking with fos5 and noticing that they list them as running a bit small. My only reference in straighter cuts is diesels farco (30w) and earnest sewn's filson (31w..but could easily wear the 30).

--- Original message by JAMAICAxBRASIL on Nov 6, 2005 09:41 AM

I think that because of the extremely slim cut, a lot of this depends on your leg size relative to waist size.

I wear a 30 in Nudie Slim Jims and they fit perfectly. I ordered a 31 in JR Californias and I don't think I could go any tighter in the legs. The waist is fine, I might have been able to button a 30 but I'm staying with the 31 because of the slim legs.

ask a cassowary

Quote:

--- Original message by JAMAICAxBRASIL on Nov 6, 2005 09:41 AM

i think you'll be fine, i'm also a 30 waist in most jeans and i actually had a hard time buttoning my size 30 calis the first couple of days, so they do fit pretty tight in the waist imo. although i like to wear my jeans pretty low so that was probably a part of the problem, but now they fit great. really like them.

erfect

Quote:

found some pics of the nikki sixes being worn(not me pictured). looks like they're a bit too big though.

Bild_14722.jpg

Bild_14720.jpg

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Nov 6, 2005 11:17 AM

Wow, great jeans IMO ! But...they look 'almost' raw, I thought the Nikki Sixx wash was way more faded/distressed according to this http://www.denimspy.com/modules/mx_smartor/album.php?smartor_mode=album_showpage&pic_id=10&sid=f4d94b4ed89d6e18114cf1513fa59c6a&PHPSESSID=33eec26e4b4b07ce777d9784cd3429bc

I love the cut on these pics, but once again, I thought the hobokens were slimmer, it looks like a pair of california here.

Anyway, thanks for posting these icon_smile_wink.gif

Quote:

Looks nice those California's.

Do you know what size that is?

I'm also considering a pair of Cali's, but I'm a 32 waist, with a pretty round bottom, so I'm kinda afraid I'll look completely stupid with them.

--- Original message by berent on Nov 7, 2005 02:22 AM

they are size W30/L34

hjj: don't dont know about the bigger calves, but i think i have a wider hip than the guy on the julian red homepage for example, he seems to be one skinny dude. so that might be why he can make them look so skinny, but what do i know.

and yes, the other jeans pictured are cheap monday.

erfect

mr p : thanks, you made it clear for me.

Anybody know what is the leg opening on Calfornias ?

Also, it seems that the california have a slightly lower rise than APC new standards, is that true ?

Actually Im torn between Calis and Apc new standards, so maybe you guys can help me out...

Quote:

Also, it seems that the california have a slightly lower rise than APC new standards, is that true ?

Actually Im torn between Calis and Apc new standards, so maybe you guys can help me out...

--- Original message by emuRay on Nov 7, 2005 04:07 PM

no problem.

about the leg opening, i just pulled my pants down for you: the leg opening is about 20cm, or 8 inch.

Don't know anything about the rise since i've never tried a pair of APC.

erfect

Quote:
Quote:

--- Original message by emuRay on Nov 7, 2005 04:07 PM

no problem.

about the leg opening, i just pulled my pants down for you: the leg opening is about 20cm, or 8 inch.

Don't know anything about the rise since i've never tried a pair of APC.

--- Original message by mr p on Nov 7, 2005 04:15 PM

Hahaha, thanks mr p, it's about the same as new standards I guess. Yours look great by the way !

hjj : Hehe I understand you, break your apcs and get the calis in a few months icon_smile_wink.gif

tangerine : Thanks a lot. 'Too bad' I have to fly to Paris to try both on...!

Gotta question for you JR Cali owners...

I'm looking for something slimmer than my APC New Standards. I was considering the JR Calis as one of my choices, but after seeing some of the comments and measurements that people have given, it seems like they're not even slimmer than my APCs. My APCs are a size 28 with a 7.5" leg opening.

Here are pics of me wearing the APCs:

APC1.jpg

APC2.jpg

Keep in mind that they have been stretched out in those pics. So is it safe to say that I should scratch the Calis off my list if I want something slimmer than my APCs?

Quote:

try nudie thin finn, JR hoboken, or cheap monday if you're looking for skinny fit jeans (i.e., skinny leg rather than just tapered).

I just got the the cheap monday stonewashed unisex.. they're pretty great, and very slim fitting.

--- Original message by jhud on Nov 7, 2005 06:19 PM

^ what he said, you might also wanna try out acne max if you get the chance, they are pretty slim.

erfect

Thanks for the suggestions. I would love to get the acne max - I had a chance to try on a pair during a visit to Harrod's over the summer but couldn't afford them at that time. Unfortunately, they get marked up pretty high here in the States if you can even track down a pair.