superjobs: under 18

jschenkkan

I AM 18... i work at the worst retail store known to Canada: Bluenotes. Imagine American Eagle, Dynamite, and every other abhorent preteen store rolled into one, but half the price. I don't own anything from teh store so customers are always like... you work here? shits wack. The onyl reason that i languish there still is its proximity to my house- a quick 5 minute walk means i have plently of time to get ready/recover from a hangover.

maybe it's the wine. maybe it's the codeine. whatever it is, i'm finding this fucking hysterical right now.

I AM 18... i work at the worst retail store known to Canada: Bluenotes. Imagine American Eagle, Dynamite, and every other abhorent preteen store rolled into one, but half the price. I don't own anything from teh store so customers are always like... you work here? shits wack. The onyl reason that i languish there still is its proximity to my house- a quick 5 minute walk means i have plently of time to get ready/recover from a hangover.

Well Im 19 and I have been working in this job since I was like 17. I work at our family's construction supply store and it sucks. Im like an erand boy who practically works for sweatshop wages. (less than $3 a day)

The only upside I see here is I can report to work at 9 even if the shop opens at 7. And I can smuggle out some goods to make up a bit for the low wages. Life's a bitch in the 3rd world.

Non-work jobs : Hotel front desk(I am getting paid to post this right now) or internet cafe front desk

actually working: paiting, if you arent an idiot you can easily be making $15/hour in no time... also if you like not-working in a work environment, clean up crews for construction make the same sort of wages usually

18 was 2 years ago for me... worked at safeway as a cashier. it was a complete bust, standing on my feet for 8 hours, bagging bananas for $8.75 CAD/hour. glad those days are over.

now i'm selling tickets at a tourist attraction. ~$16/hour isn't too bad for a student...

here, I couldn't even get a job in retail-- too many people over my age vying for the same, shitty, AE job..

haha american/canadaian wages are shite..

so are manilla..

I know 18 year old co-worker that works with me at a retail store here in Manila. We had a trip the other day and calculated that his years salary is just 2 months of what his significant other would make in Best Buy.

Life's a trip. Good thing cost of living is there to even everything out.

I'm a barista. I love the job, a lot of great customer and it's a fun skill to learn.

I have a friend who works as a barista, isn't wild about it-- although he does work for starbucks. You don't find you end up smelling like coffee constantly?

17, work at Hollywood video making absolute shit, $7. But, I work with all chill peoples, and usually spend most of the time sitting on the counter reading the new entertainment weekly, or if it isn't busy I'll put on The Wire or some other shit. Also, I purchase rental DVDs that are out of print then resell them on eBay. I've gotten some DVDs for like $5, then resold for $150+. It's great. Also I buy/resell random shit on the side.

I have a friend who works as a barista, isn't wild about it-- although he does work for starbucks. You don't find you end up smelling like coffee constantly?

Yeah that can be annoying, but honestly there are much worse things that you could smell like. But I only wear like 3 different shirts to work, and keep them seperate. I don't put any work clothes near my nicer stuff, I'm carefull about the odor.

Also I don't work at Starbucks, so I can't really comment on what it's like working for them. But my last job was a sales associate at this shitty retail store, and being a barista is about a million times better. I'll have 8.5 hr shifts as a Barista that go by quicker than my 4 hour shifts at my retail job.

mmm, reminds me to start seeking employment.

8.00 min cali wage does not seem enough.

alot of my high school friends are taking pharamacy technician classes / studying for the exam beacuse starting wage after high school part time is about 13-15+

its not a bad prospect working in a air con-ed room and working at a chill rate of speed. (not busy like a diner or anything)

telemarketting-ish job.

i wait for people to call. i get 10 bucks an hour plus commission for whoever calls. i also cant be fired because i'm the only person that speaks spanish and french.

its a shame im quitting in a week

anything in the food service industry is shitty and pays badly. ive worked at like 3 fast food places and the managers treat you like shit and you get paid minimum wage.

anything pays better and you dont get hassled to work faster.

alot of my high school friends are taking pharamacy technician classes / studying for the exam beacuse starting wage after high school part time is about 13-15+

Pharmacist grads straight out of college start at 110k a year in NYC at places like CVS, Walgreens. But you wont have much of a life working a 4pm-12am shifts.