Super...Smokers?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cdcfdf31.jpg

i was cleaning and i was about to throw away a couple cartons i kept around cause they looked cool and found these left behind. little treasures, probably hella stale but i'm still kinda happy to find them :) marlboro black menthols, black bats (tastes like vanilla) and dunhill frosts

im not a smoker (except for pot)...only ever took a puff of one a long time ago

But since I've followed a pretty strict "paleo" diet for the past couple years, I was reading about the Kitavans who apparently smoke like chimneys and experience none of the health issues of westerners...

Pretty interesting how a shitty diet may be what's causing smoking related health issues afterall...

Decided to grab a pack of American spirits just now for the hell of it, but damn inhaling this shit is not a very pleasant sensation.

the high stops happening after a few weeks and then the sensation is the only "high" that remains... just so you know.

well it doesnt go away totally but pretty much. spirits are a good choice for new smokers btw so at least youre giving them a proper chance. try some luxury brands if you get the chance, you might like the sensation more with a dunhill light for example.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How long till an opened pack goes stale?

The reason i can't really tell is because i've never smoked cigs much, every now and then, so my tastes aren't as developed.

open packs usually go stale after several days...

throw them in a ziplock bag, then into the freezer to extend it a little while longer... or so I've heard...

I'm usually done with my packs in 2 days....

• 1 month later...

Djarum Blacks were my first cigarettes. Me and a friend have been searching for the originals since that stupid ban, because the cigarillo versions aren't the same and suck.

I'm home in Canada (smallish city) for the summer, and I stumbled upon a hole in the wall smoke shop during my lunch break today.

gx1K3.png

Stoked.

• 2 weeks later...

rolls.jpeg

port royal kentucky bourban, the rum and wine original is good, just switched over to this.

and zig zag rice papers are the best never had anything that came close in the US.

i alternate the rolls with the occasional pack of lucky filters, if i could get camel wides in nz it would be those. every once and a while i have a craving for a black and mild, original or cream, don't mind either way.

hap they dont have the rice zigzags in america? i havent rolled my own in a while, but i'd like to start

not that i ever saw in smoke shops in SF, i asked a few times and no one knew what i was talking about. the other that had me smoking tailor mades was the small selection of filter tips available.

so many people smoke rollies in NZ that papers and filters are cheap and available at every dairy [liquor store].

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

had some lucky filters in europe and wasn't too impressed

got some pouches of this though, and i am loving it. so nice with some slim filters, don't really like rolling with the normal sized ones or smoking cigarettes that big. rather just smoke more smaller ones throughout the day

536929_7836d4cf243e989c5614fcbdeb8fe600.jpg

it has a nice sweet taste and there's like a ziplock type thing in it so the pouch is resealable and stays fresh for a while

I've used quite a few papers and these are easily my favorite:

http://www.rollingpaperdepot.com/RAW-Organic-Rolling-Papers

They burn super steady and have zero taste and are as natural as it gets.

yeah the little crosshatch on the raw papers is pretty interesting, i like em a lot. still always gonna be zigzag 1 1/4s for me though its basically a reflex from when i started smoking and those were the only papers my gas station had lol

I've been rotating between

MCD_main.jpg

115.jpg

and

dunhill_int_menthol.gif

Sherman's were good for a while, but they're kind of cloyingly sweet. It's not helped that the filter is dipped in some sort of sweetener. Burn forever though, can easily smoke half, then come back to it later.

Dunhill fine cuts are fantastic. Really robust tobacco flavor. Menthols are good for what they are, but I find most menthols kind of similar.

Any suggestions for something to try that's similar to the fine cut?

*edit

haha, reading through this thread makes me want to try those marlboro black menthols, any place to order online?