Comme Des Garcons Guerrila PLUS1213

btkrull

i just made it out to the new CDG guerrila store with my girlfriend in la. it's in this tiny backalley across from a dumpster in a tiny suite. man they had some nice stuff. it's nice to see such a trendy place in such a historic location of downtown la. i managed to only pickup a small green half-zip wallet with embossed stars. the guy working there told me they were no longer going to make the embossed wallets and it wa ssmart for me to stock up on them. anyone else been? picked up any cool stuff? there was even this old guy there that was outside of the alley that i could've SWORN was a homeless dude but was just trying to fend away the building cleaners who were highpressure water hosing the buildings adjacent. he was yelling at them saying 'your'e getting my customers all wet!!' it was hilarious.

I went too, it was quite the adventure. They direct you to an abandoned bank, where there's two security guards. They tell you to go talk to the guy at blends (sneaker store), who tells you to talk to "thomas," the old guy who you said looks like a hobo. (except, he has the guerilla store t shirt). He leads you down the alleyway into the store.

What did they have when you went? For me they had a bunch of wallets, fragrances, blazers, trousers, a lot of the "sparkling party" t's/dress shirts, but unfortunately nothing too interesting. That was a couple weeks ago. I didn't feel like walking out with nothing, didn't want to spend too much money, and already had one of their wallets so I just picked up a canvas belt for 28 bucks lol. Cheapest thing I've ever seen cdg sell...

Yeah lol i found out afterward that they intend it that way to create hype. There wassss cool stuff, but the prices scared me a bit lol. 800 dollar blazers =(

Some cop also gave me a parking ticket because i was in the red zone for like one minute when I walked out.

If that hadn't happened I could have spent the money on another wallet or something lol.

The guy said they restock every week though, so its probably worth going back every once in a while!

i went there the a couple of days after it was supposed to be open.

it was a total waste of time because apparently, all of their stock was stuck in customs

---> they were closed. :( but now it's fine.

yeh, love for the pagowski hearts is in our blood.

So the old guy who's suppose to guard the gate, is he really there all the time? Does he unlock the gate or something? Sounds absolutely unnecessary. Isn't it more fun to have to look for it yourself?

• 2 weeks later...

i went yesterday.

There's basically no play stuff in the store. I think i saw one play men's tshirt.

The menswear is lacking, but the wimmenzwurr has some innaeztin stuffZ.

they are getting stuff every week i guess so maybe that is why there wasn't too much stuff when you went. i have seen a lot of great shit there and but it is only about 20-30% less than regular CDG prices. i love seeing the different collections hanging together, really shows how brilliant cdg is especially all the amazing CDG shirts for men.

Went over spring break, didn't get to see any homeless guy :( Just a gate to a backalley with a bunch of posters on it. It's true that they direct you to some office building though, with a guard who basically just tells you you're in the wrong spot.

Lots of nice things to look at but they were definitely not down with the asian boy sizing...good luck even trying to find a small in there. Still, the pricing wasn't bad and like josephr said looking at everything hanging together was an experience.

I took a bunch of pictures for you guys, I'll upload them when I get back to my room.

p.s. Is there anyone out there collecting the guerilla shirts? Definitely not very wearable but they had a couple on the racks (from Warsaw and Singapore I think?) so it got me wondering..