• Let em through, no visa required.
    • Close the damn flood gates.
    • Invite only.
    • I don't care enough.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about this for a while, with all these options, even before this topic was created. I say open the gates quarterly for like a month and a half. then shut it down. supreme style. keep the tradition by closing it down for the rest of the year sometime in october, then waiting till late feb, march to open back up.

All of you who've voted or even suggested closing/limiting registration, and by you I mean Sayword, freecat, Ahlvahroe, casual_coal, joey_formal, multicolor, lithiumsys, DUM (shame on you, of all people), kiya, Analog, alterion... you are the cancer that is killing superfuture.

Do you think that you are that cool, or that your opinion is valuable enough to determine who gets to play? Get each other's cocks out of your mouths for a moment so you can step back and have a laugh at yourself.

how about creating a new subforum and restricting all new members to only post there until they receive a certain amount of rep points. that way, existing members can basically "vote" new members in

Am I the only one to find this stupid?

Probably none of the existing members will visit that subforum. So who's gonna be able to give rep points? Nobody, I guess. Unless we create a sort of noob rep system, but this would be way too complicated.

I voted for invite only. But now I think we should actually leave it open. You know, to bring some new blood, etc.

All of you who've voted or even suggested closing/limiting registration, and by you I mean Sayword, freecat, Ahlvahroe, casual_coal, joey_formal, multicolor, lithiumsys, DUM (shame on you, of all people), kiya, Analog, alterion... you are the cancer that is killing superfuture.

Do you think that you are that cool, or that your opinion is valuable enough to determine who gets to play? Get each other's cocks out of your mouths for a moment so you can step back and have a laugh at yourself.

You're taking this far too serious I think. The whole reason this thread was created (now mind you, nothing will come out of this) was because of the recent influx of idiotic posters and spam. I personally have deleted more comments/threads in the past week than I have ever since I started moderating the fashion forum (which is probably the slowest forum anyway).

Do you honestly think that all of the people who voted 'close' seriously don't want to stop genuine, smart posters from being on this board? I don't think that's the case.

With that said, I just received one of the best pm's in quite some time from a member who has 0 posts. So in all, there are of course some great new additions to the forum since it's opened registration again.

This poll is in trash. I think that says quite a bit.....

I thought about this for a while, with all these options, even before this topic was created. I say open the gates quarterly for like a month and a half. then shut it down. supreme style. keep the tradition by closing it down for the rest of the year sometime in october, then waiting till late feb, march to open back up.

Best idea in thread sofar.

However I have an even better idea, how about fixing the Fucking search function?

or completely deleting the regular one and only have the Google one!

I changed my mind. You're right. Noobs aren't really bothering actually. Or why not closing it one month on two if people really want to.

If this forum is made invite only, award those who have made meaningful posts and threads with invites. Inviting based on rep alone is pretty stupid. A lot of members of who have vast amounts of rep got it by posting in the WAYWT thread and in Supertrash.