korea :: seoul :: general

thomas_highstreet

I'm working on getting a new place too, with or without girlfriend. Probably a 2 BR so I can do work in one room and sleep in the other, and my dog has some space to run.

They're building some new buildings around Kwanghwamun, on the jongro, which wouldn't be terrible for living. Got plenty of food choices and it's walking distance to a lot of stuff, short cab ride to the rest. I'd just hang out at Kyobo book centre all day.

Mapo is kind of shitty, it's where all the former Shinchon-ites move to when they think they've mastered Shinchon and want to have a more 'Korean' experience. Nothing out there though.

Cheapest rents with decent space are out around Itaewon and that area. It gets it's rep for real and unreal reasons but value wise its good.

There's this design-y apt I saw on craigslist, it opens on 8/1 and is probably let already, but it was fairly priced and nice, girls would like it at least.

^^ that 'signalplay' one? yeah i saw it, its not too bad costing as it will be pretty ballin'..

RE: itaewon though; its just grotty, full of english teachers and gi joes. i cant handle that atall, but your right... prices are pretty damn good, i was looking at a 1 br apartment with a proper living room etc (possibly a 2br).. only 400k way better than what i got in sillim for 500, but i just couldnt handle the itaewon vibes.

i got shown round one place from this horrible hoary old blonde bitch with an eyepatch and fucked up face, just so wrong. fucking nasty.

Yeah, honestly, Itaewon area is priced about half of anything else, it's pretty sick. Koreans are starting to move back in, as it's just that much cheaper.

I know it's rampant with the above characters, but that area does have its up sides, and there are a few different neighborhoods in which to live (Hannam, kyungridan, haebangchon, dongbinggo, seobinggo, Ichon, dongbu-Ichon, uhh some others that are all considered 'foreigner' hoods by Koreans, but really aren't), that are all considered Itaewon area I suppose, and have cut rate rents, Some of those, like Ichon, are kinda ghetto but really aren't infested by white trash liek HBC or Itaewon are. Not the best place to wear Raf hot pants at 3 am but you could do worse as well.

Plus it's one of your better options for surviving as a vegetarian here, can actually eat once awhile.

I think the one shining advantage of that area, beyond the rents, are that 1) it's just on the other side of the tunnel from Dongdaemun, and 2) just on the other side of the bridge from Apku/Shinsa/Banpo/etc, and close enough to everything else as well. Central to everyplace worth going to.

yeh.. but.. wouldnt i get most of those same +sides if i lived in southern jongno? thats kinda what im thinking right now...

i dont even mind dropping more bills on a stranger place (other than itaewondong).. just.. being white, it just seemed wise before to try to distance myself from the english-teaching hordes, and ill continue to do so in the TOJ cartel.

hollaaa~~~

hahaha.. have you been looking much at studios (of the work type)..?

you can rent out those jagupshils from art students for like a bill a month, they're holes though. I'm not really sure if I want to go down that path, or if I'd just rather have asecond bedroom for my work and put some tables and easels in there, and have AC and shit. haha.

BTW jongro isn't much better than anywhere else man, you will get tired of going outside at 11pm and seeing the jongro/chungmuro poorman drunk on soju puking on your building's doorstep, leaving behind a mini mountain of chopped up ramyun bits. That shit gets old fast man.

They're building some new buildings around Kwanghwamun, on the jongro, which wouldn't be terrible for living. Got plenty of food choices and it's walking distance to a lot of stuff, short cab ride to the rest. I'd just hang out at Kyobo book centre all day.

Tomatillo Grill 3x a week. This could be epic.

FUCK

i made a fake california license to use in korea

and on the first day the bitchass "bouncer" at mb tears it in two

now i need a minjeung, or some ID with the number 1990 and my face on it

does anyone know a good place to make a fake?

he tore your id? was shit like paper? you deserve to get caught if you used that

Hellz no. Shit looked legit, got it for $80 in LA. It was laminated but obviously wasn't done very well considering it split in two. Shit, I didn't expect some faggot bbiggi at a ghetto club to be a bitch about my ID.

Those Civics are pretty nice though man, a lot nicer than American Civics. They're like 200-some hp Si-spec engines, plus the Xenon lights and 18" Type-R wheels with Pilot Sports, leather interior...

in less than 48 hours, I'll be on a plane to korea

motherfuckers be ready!

<3 :o

a soju thrashing awaits you big guy. but on the real, i'll try to coordinate some type of club eden homo meetup sometime when dismal stops posting on the late night snack tips thread and finally makes my custom varsity jacket.

i'll need to revert to my local friends for some late night 2-cha recommendations for some anma for those interested. i know shimshimhae wants a chaji masagi.

r u down???

Is it Eden then? Y'all niggaz should pitch in and we can buy a bottle and a table, so I can sit down to get drunk, instead of standing up all night looking like a fuckin lout. haha.

Is it Eden then? Y'all niggaz should pitch in and we can buy a bottle and a table, so I can sit down to get drunk, instead of standing up all night looking like a fuckin lout. haha.

yeah man, if we pitch in a 100K a pop, we should be good for a table should there be open spots.

i'm drunk again. shit. baeksaeju smells like feet but i'm trying to avoid beer since i gained another kilo thanks to your back to back steak/chinese meetups. i hate you.

Why o why couldnt we organize a sufu brodown when i was in k town last month..

no worries, i'll be down soon, lets organize then!

cheers.

yeah man, if we pitch in a 100K a pop, we should be good for a table should there be open spots.

i'm drunk again. shit. baeksaeju smells like feet but i'm trying to avoid beer since i gained another kilo thanks to your back to back steak/chinese meetups. i hate you.

100k is a deal, since I pay that in cover and beers for a couple hrs anyway.

Also, Steak/Chinese meetup part 2?