Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

This is my first post, and I would have put it in the questions thread, but since it is about N&F I'd ask here.

I just bought by first pair of true raw jeans, Momotaro collab. skinny guys.. They are pretty stiff, but fit great. Should I give them a hot soak to get rid of some of the starch, or just wear 'em and let them break in on their own?

Like I said this is my first pair of raw, I've mostly worn deisel, Nudies, etc but they were all washed.

Thanks

If you feel that they're too stiff for you to wear comfortably, then soak them. If you're fine with the stiffness, wear them. It won't affect the fades

This is my first post, and I would have put it in the questions thread, but since it is about N&F I'd ask here.

I just bought by first pair of true raw jeans, Momotaro collab. skinny guys.. They are pretty stiff, but fit great. Should I give them a hot soak to get rid of some of the starch, or just wear 'em and let them break in on their own?

Like I said this is my first pair of raw, I've mostly worn deisel, Nudies, etc but they were all washed.

Thanks

I would say a nice soak will do good. less starch will mean let ridgid denim rubbing like mine i didnt soak and crotch got real thin :(

And when they are not soaked at all they fade faster i guess but its more of a los of material then a loss of dye. like actual rubbign and thining not just dye transfer.

IMO a soak even just for like 15 mins will help in the end'

Any other comments guys?

If you feel that they're too stiff for you to wear comfortably, then soak them. If you're fine with the stiffness, wear them. It won't affect the fades

Thanks, I think I'll skip the soak and just wear them. I think they'll break in fine.

Thanks, I think I'll skip the soak and just wear them. I think they'll break in fine.

Honestly, unless they are going to shrink you wouldn't really need a reason to soak them. If you do a soak though to get rid some of the starch it will strengthen the denim.

i soak just to get rid of the starch.

my 26oz got some tearing in the back of the knee honeycombs so I soaked them, seems to have made them stronger.

regarding quality, i think moreso it's just the hardware and threading they use can't keep up with the thick fabric of the heavyweight jeans.

i agree though, they should be working on remedying the situation.

i've have issues with my 24oz and my 26oz.

i sent the 24oz back to factory for repair and to NF credit after they fixed it, never another problem.

also they sent me buttons for my 26oz and i fixed it myself.

Guest nooblet333

Thanks

Just go hike a mountain and they'll break in good.

They are dry, and will literally stand up on their own. I have a feeling that taking my dogs for a walk will be less than comfortable today. On another note, I'm psyched to have jeans with an adequate inseam length. I'm 6'4" and I have to stretch all my 34"L jeans to fit.

I'd post pics, but people have already posted pictures of new NFxMomo, so I'll wait until they start to develop.

Thanks for all the advice, this newb appreciates it.

They had the reverse fade at the store, the coating felt "rubbery", I'm just guessing that they would be very swampy in warmer weather.

But they looked interesting.

I kid you not i said the exact same thing. Seemed like a layer or acrylic paint on the outside. And swamp ass waiting to happen.

Hey all,

This post is long overdue. I went on a bro-trip (with my actual brothers!) over to Eastern Canada (Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa), so I decided to fire Bahzad an email. To my delight, I got to meet the Naked & Famous team at their showroom/warehouse in Montreal. Brandon and Bahzad are two incredible people. I came into their showroom very excited to meet them, and I left it even more excited because I met them and had the opportunity to learn from them and swap stories!

FYI, I chose to wear Naked & Famous denim prior to the international media explosion about my Nudie Jeans experiment. I got the N&F for Christmas from my brothers, and then I started to wear them on January 1, 2011. The media event for my Nudie Jeans was on January 19, 2011. I joined the Heavyweight Denim Championship on February 3, 2011. My N&F are still going strong!

dsc3910w.jpg

Bahzad's recharging the glow-in-the-dark denim for the demonstration. If I recall correctly, the glow-in-the-dark element is from an added resin to the surface of the denim. So. Cool!

dsc3922e.jpg

Bahzad: "32 ounce denim." Josh: "32 ounce denim!?"

dsc3931w.jpg

I'll never cease to be amazed/amused by denim that stands on its own. I’m saying ‘Thirty’ and making the ‘Two’ with my fingers.

dsc3936s.jpg

The Naked & Famous banner given by their mill on 32 oz denim.

dsc3954w.jpg

Bahzad telling the story about Big John, and how they got to collaborate. I learned a lot in our short meeting.

dsc3961p.jpg

A Japanese brand that they picked up in Japan. Interesting choice of name, eh?

dsc3964m.jpg

A square of 32 ounce fabric. The yarns are so fat! I finally understood what rope-dyeing meant when he gave me a yarn to unravel. It makes so much sense!

dsc3969.jpg

Bahzad showcasing the reverse-fade denim. A white resin coating was added to the denim that fades to reveal the indigo underneath.

dsc3975.jpg

I've never seen so much selvege in my life! My eyes were bleeding indigo and selvege.

dsc3976c.jpg

Some jeans from their warehouse.

dsc3987n.jpg

Among their many crazy fabric experiments, they created a very limited set of 100% cashmere denim. It retailed for ~$1300 at Barney's in the States. It was very very soft.

dsc3997.jpg

Samurai hat and Japan Blue Denim fan (dyed with indigo, of course).

dsc4000.jpg

Examples of worn-in N&F jeans. These are featured on their website's blog. On the left is from a guy in Manitoba (or Saskatchewan - http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/photos-of-faded-jeans/ . The pair on the right is worn by Brandon, the President, designer, and founder of N&F, http://www.nakedandfamousdenim.com/blog/jeans-evolution-1-year/ .

dsc4002s.jpg

The Naked & Famous team and me. Bahzad (PR) on the left and Brandon (President, Founder, and Designer) in the middle. Meeting them was an electric experience. Their passion for denim shone like the sun on a cloudless summer afternoon. I was bummed that we could only meet for an hour because they have so many stories and so much knowledge and passion about denim and the industry. It's unsurprising that so many big denim companies are making collabs with them because they see the magic of Naked & Famous. I'm proud and excited to wear their jeans for the next two years for the Heavyweight Denim Competition!

Thanks for watching!

Cheerio,

Josh

^Gotta spread rep but those are seriously sick jeans.

I have a pair of those too, just tapered a bit. Just started wearing them and really regretting not joining the heavyweight contest. Would've been interested to have a duel :) and both of us being from western Canada too!

^Gotta spread rep but those are seriously sick jeans.

I have a pair of those too, just tapered a bit. Just started wearing them and really regretting not joining the heavyweight contest. Would've been interested to have a duel :) and both of us being from western Canada too!

Thanks CMCiA! We can always have an informal jean-off! :D I'm really digging the heavyweight-ness of them. I'm a bit worried/apprehensive about the spring/summer weather. Whereabouts in Western Canada are you?