Naked & Famous Denim

terutt

I am sitting here in my Slim guy 21's wondering why N&F has stopped making them? Anyone who owns the WG 21's would probably agree that the 21oz product is sick. Fades, feel, comfort is right boneriffic.

I own quite a few WG's (21,24, indigo, grey, natural indigo) but in my heart of hearts feel that the slim guy fit is more utilitarian and comfortable. Why, is the WG the poster cut for N&F? Other than the Momotaros every other innovative/ unique denim is always released first in the WG fit. Case in point the 24's. So, who else likes the slim guy fit? I'm 6'5" 250 and for my ass the slim guys fit more comfortably off the rack.

I am sitting here in my Slim guy 21's wondering why N&F has stopped making them? Anyone who owns the WG 21's would probably agree that the 21oz product is sick. Fades, feel, comfort is right boneriffic.

I own quite a few WG's (21,24, indigo, grey, natural indigo) but in my heart of hearts feel that the slim guy fit is more utilitarian and comfortable. Why, is the WG the poster cut for N&F? Other than the Momotaros every other innovative/ unique denim is always released first in the WG fit. Case in point the 24's. So, who else likes the slim guy fit? I'm 6'5" 250 and for my ass the slim guys fit more comfortably off the rack.

I personally think its because most people have to size down for the slim guys. Since its the looser fit, it fits bigger body types really well like yours. For skinnier guys like myself looking for a slim silhouette , I couldn't pull it off. I'd imagine that they would be more comfortable than the WG and the SG though. That being said, the WG is a nice medium between straight and skinny which seems to be a very popular kind of fit nowadays. It probably sells the best too.

I agree with the 21 oz denim though. They NEED to bring that back. Deep indigos fade decent, but the 21 oz fades like no other and I feel that they need a regular (not limited ed) model that has solid fading potential.

I agree with the 21 oz denim though. They NEED to bring that back. Deep indigos fade decent, but the 21 oz fades like no other and I feel that they need a regular (not limited ed) model that has solid fading potential.

i agree 100%, posting pics of my regular ingigo wg's soon!

only a month in but a lot of fading is kind of happening already

are slim guys roomier in the thigh then weird guys? If i wear a 32-33 in weird guys what size would i take in the slim guy? i was always under the impression that the weird guys were the roomiest cut but it seems i might be wrong.

Thanks

i kind of wanna try out a pair now, weird guys work for me but i feel like its not the perfect cut for me.

Two crappy fit pics of my WG BIG 21oz. Got them over a year ago, not really sure how much real wear i have on them. Id say maybe 6 months. No wash or soaks.

Photoon2011-02-09at19372.jpg

Photoon2011-02-09at19373.jpg

i kind of wanna try out a pair now, weird guys work for me but i feel like its not the perfect cut for me.

Two crappy fit pics of my WG BIG 21oz. Got them over a year ago, not really sure how much real wear i have on them. Id say maybe 6 months. No wash or soaks.

You would like the slim guys! I have a pair of APC rescues that fit q out the same. The inseam is a little longer in the APC's which would be my only criticism of the SG's. They top out at about a 35" inseam. Oh and my APC's are a 35w. The N&F SG's are a 38w which is the same as the WG's for me. I went tts for both because I didn't want to have people thinking I was smuggling yoyos for the first month.

Oh oh, if you like the 21oz WG's you would have loved the 24s.

Does anyone know where I can try on a pair of 19 oz elephant selvedge? (In the Bay Area)

try barneys in SF, whether they have elephant selvedge or not, I wouldn't know. But they usually have a good selection and majority of the time you can find them on sale. I bought some weird guys for $80 in august

I'm wearing my 21oz slim guys right now. I do not have the slightest clue how you wear these at 6'5". Mine are BARELY long enough - slightly highwater without a cuff - and I'm just a hair under 6'3".

What's your inseam? Mine fit almost perfect and I can roll the cuff up to show off the selvedge edge. The SGs are supposed to be a 35" inseam. If you have a longer Inseam than that, I can see why you would have problems. I am also somewhat evenly proportioned (legs and torso) so I can wear a 34 or 35 inseam if the rise is right; can wear em on the hips. Will post pics of both the SGs and WGs later.

What's your inseam? Mine fit almost perfect and I can roll the cuff up to show off the selvedge edge. The SGs are supposed to be a 35" inseam. If you have a longer Inseam than that, I can see why you would have problems. I am also somewhat evenly proportioned (legs and torso) so I can wear a 34 or 35 inseam if the rise is right; can wear em on the hips. Will post pics of both the SGs and WGs later.

I know they're meant to be, but mine are definitely not a 35 inseam. Measured BiG style, I'd say they're 33 or 34 max. I presume yours haven't seen any hot water? Mine did a warm soak after 8 months.