Do people on Sufu exercise?

organic ketchup

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i try to bike everyday at least 20 miles. i dont drive so if it usually gets accomplished from running errands. if i dont get any riding down during the day or when its raining i use my trainier for an hour to practice sprints.

im skinny. but my legs any very tone. i do triathlons too. i basically live on noodles and cliff bars

i like to rely on a combination of meth and running from the police

The side effect from that diet is psychosis. I werk out by chasing my 2yr old around the house all day, but I balance it out by eating pints of ice cream.

yeah jeep, I need to start exercising more for that reason. my roomate has suggested I start doing yoga with her... so we'll see how that goes. it would be nice to build a strong core, and the balance is also helpful for my snowboarding shenanigans

i'm gonna start doing more meditation. i have anxiety issues and while i'm considering medication (i'm already on anti-depressants), i'd like to find a more natural means of calming myself.

45min of cardio ; bike, run, row etc 6 days a week first thing in the a.m.

then 45 of lifting in the afternoon 4 or 5x's a week.

I change it up all the time so I don't get bored, and then theres plenty of times I slack off for a week or two. but thats life...

for those who run (or bike) and stated miles, do you mind re-stating with time elasped? when i jog (not as often as i'd like..), it is 5 km for me (~3.1 miles?) in 23-25 minutes.

i'm asking because 3.1 miles in 24 minutes is a jog pace for me; not a fast jog, not slow, not running...but it gets my heart rate up to my upper limit quite well.

i just wanna know what pace you guys are going at, because i am assuming it's not that quick to bike 20 miles..and in turn, not such a strenuous exercise.

englighten me :)

i try to go for a 30 min run everyday. chin/jaw fat is such a stubborn bitch to burn.

try using more muscles during your exercises for that. things that require more of the whole body; like a barbell squat. for the legs and ass but makes your whole body sweat; is good. very good. great. grand. fantastic!!!!!!

fantastico.png

for those who run (or bike) and stated miles, do you mind re-stating with time elasped? when i jog (not as often as i'd like..), it is 5 km for me (~3.1 miles?) in 23-25 minutes.

Typically go for 4x3.5 mile hilly bike rides a day (to work, to the store, back to work, to home). Average of only around 12-15 miles/hr, I'm in no hurry, and I like to slow myself on the downhills in our current sub-freezing weather. Get much more pace going in the gym or on weekend rides out to a nice restaurant 15 miles away.

i'm asking because 3.1 miles in 24 minutes is a jog pace for me; not a fast jog, not slow, not running...but it gets my heart rate up to my upper limit quite well.

i just wanna know what pace you guys are going at, because i am assuming it's not that quick to bike 20 miles..and in turn, not such a strenuous exercise.

typically when i do jog, i do about 3 miles in 25-30 minutes. i usually try to hit a mile in 7 minutes but the second and third mile ends up being somewhere around 8-10 minutes.

it was because of bulking up from weight lifting that i am now stuck with no chin. i actually have a really low body fat %. unfortunately most of it is stuck at the bottom half of my head.

Your fat distribution is genetic, lifting weights has nothing to do with it.

when i just run a mile i try to run it somewhere around the 6 minute mark but if im just running/jogging as a part of my daily work out, i finish 3 miles in about 24 minutes so around 8 minutes a mile. gives me a good work out and i heart rate is up after but i dont feel like im going to die right after.

i eat fast food and drink beer everyday, sometimes 1 small meal for the whole day so i can just drink the whole day. 5'8 140lbs, i just wanna flatten my stomach more

excellent turn up of answers; good to see people responding

Typically go for 4x3.5 mile hilly bike rides a day (to work, to the store, back to work, to home). Average of only around 12-15 miles/hr, I'm in no hurry, and I like to slow myself on the downhills in our current sub-freezing weather. Get much more pace going in the gym or on weekend rides out to a nice restaurant 15 miles away.

cool. yeah i was thinking in summers travelling by bicycle isn't bad as you get some free half-exercise lol. but i have a tendency to want to go faster, like if i wanted to bike to the mall, i'd feel inclined to speed up. but then i'd get sweaty. basically, i don't allow myself to go at a somewhat sightseeing pace :(

A lot of people think running is the way to get rid of fat and weightlifting is the way to build muscle. Weightlifting actually accomplishes both goals rather effectively.

yeah i know. but i try to balance it by heavy power lifting but also have cardio. generally weight lifting for me does not yield too much muscle growth (more muscle strength and definition than size) unlike my brother, which i like; otherwise i'd have to get all new clothes :o

it was because of bulking up from weight lifting that i am now stuck with no chin. i actually have a really low body fat %. unfortunately most of it is stuck at the bottom half of my head.

at top notch health, i had under 10%. no longer in top notch health :(

typically when i do jog, i do about 3 miles in 25-30 minutes. i usually try to hit a mile in 7 minutes but the second and third mile ends up being somewhere around 8-10 minutes.

yeah i know what you mean. you gotta think about the latter part of the run when setting your pace

when i just run a mile i try to run it somewhere around the 6 minute mark but if im just running/jogging as a part of my daily work out, i finish 3 miles in about 24 minutes so around 8 minutes a mile. gives me a good work out and i heart rate is up after but i dont feel like im going to die right after.

yeah i don't like feeling like i'm going to die. (when i'm jogging. lol) when it's like 35 degrees celsius i usually pass on the runs

]

cool. yeah i was thinking in summers travelling by bicycle isn't bad as you get some free half-exercise lol. but i have a tendency to want to go faster, like if i wanted to bike to the mall, i'd feel inclined to speed up. but then i'd get sweaty. basically, i don't allow myself to go at a somewhat sightseeing pace :(

I have that urge sometimes, and often crank hard on the way home. But, I bicycle commute every day of my life, and don't like getting places really sweaty. I definitely started out with more of that tendency a few years ago.

.........so far 65 lbs and dropping...it made a huge diff. in the way my clothes fit + options for Clothes cause lets face it not too many options in sizes (36/38+) ..............

:eek: how long does the 70 mile bike take you? you meant pants sizing, right?

We take our time / to be honest w/ you....just casually ride so 1/2 to 3/4 of the day just enjoying life on our bicycles (well pick up the pace and drop most people on theyre 5k road bikes for shits and giggles when they try and "race" us)...and yes that was pants sizes.

*edit 65 lbs dropped over the course of 8 mo.

oh yeah i figured it would take long. but yeah good for you; continue on until you meet your desired weight

(asking out of curiousity because i don't know any large people who have took the initiative to lose weight) how many waist sizes did you go down so far?