Do people on Sufu exercise?

organic ketchup

If you're arguing that low intensity exercise is better because it increases the body's affinity for using fat as a fuel source before CHO's whereas HIT does not, that's supported by this article: Impact of high- and low-intensitynextterm.gif targeted prevterm.gifexercisenextterm.gif training on the type of substrate utilization in obese boys submitted to a hypocaloric diet - but it does not give the benefits that HIT does as outlined in the above study. Which is more important is arguable depending on the exercise participant.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're arguing that low intensity exercise is better because it increases the body's affinity for using fat as a fuel source before CHO's whereas HIT does not, that's supported by this article: Impact of high- and low-intensitynextterm.gif targeted prevterm.gifexercisenextterm.gif training on the type of substrate utilization in obese boys submitted to a hypocaloric diet - but it does not give the benefits that HIT does as outlined in the above study. Which is more important is arguable depending on the exercise participant.

NOw I agree completely again with you

But remember that it all started by this statement...

Correction , you should be at max between 60 at 70% of your VO2 max to burn some fat, once you get over those 70% you'll mostly burn glucose.

Anyway...interesting debate!

NOw I agree completely again with you

But remember that it all started by this statement...

Anyway...interesting debate!

True- fair play! *high five*

• 7 months later...

bump, closest thing to a fitness thread i could find

anyone have any suggestions on a simple diet that would help with weight gain? i assume a lot of people on here have manorexic metabolism like mine, where i eat garbage food, average 1500 daily calories from alcohol, little to no exercise, and totally cannot get fat.

people just say to eat like double cheese and doughnuts and whatnot but i seriously cant even finish shit like that most of the time. been trying to cut back on appetite suppressant stuff ie smokes coffee redbull etc. but beyond that any suggestions?

anyone have any suggestions on a simple diet that would help with weight gain? i assume a lot of people on here have manorexic metabolism like mine, where i eat garbage food, average 1500 daily calories from alcohol, little to no exercise, and totally cannot get fat.

people just say to eat like double cheese and doughnuts and whatnot but i seriously cant even finish shit like that most of the time. been trying to cut back on appetite suppressant stuff ie smokes coffee redbull etc. but beyond that any suggestions?

I just embrace that shit. size 26 April 77's don't faze me, nor do 12 beers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I want to start again. I haven't done any intense consistent sports or working out since last april

i used to do competitive running but nothing serious half marathons, 10ks etc but now i don't have time to at art school with serious workload, plus i love alcohol too much

when the metabolism starts to fail il pick it up would want to be a braidkid build when im older

3 days per week weightlifting. Used to be strength based with 5rep maxes. Largest progress on the Rippetoe program. Moved my squat up from a mere 60kg to 100kg x5.

Stalled for a bit over summer doing volume training of sorts, 4 to 5 day weeks. Always had weekends off to recover. My recovery was always very quick though.

Came back to UK for the term which began October. Hit the gym for 3 solid months bringing my squat from 100kg to 120kg on the Madcow 5x5 program, which is an absolutely amazing program to say the least. However, I don't think these weights are very heavy, and I'm sure that there is definitely a forumer here that can outsquat me at any given time.

Right now, I changed my workout again after winter break. Decided it would be best to try volume training again as a lot of the strength (I'd say about 10% to 15%) was lost during the winter break (gym was closed). My volume training now consists of a leg/pull/push split. It was a tough first two weeks getting used to 'volume' instead of '5 rep weights'.

Consequently with weightlifting, I've been observing a clean diet getting just about 3,500kCal/day, multivitamins, creatine, whey and fish oil.

Am I in the wrong forum?

PM-ed you my diet on a workout day.

i'm the same way, as in the amount of food i eat doesn't effect my weight at all, i can anything, in any amount without seeing any kind of fluctuation, it's not so bad (:

protein supplements will make you a beefcake in no time!

I want to be skinnier personally, so I really envy your situation.

it doesn't. If people found it easy to gain weight like that, there wouldn't be a need for a bodybuilding resource.

That's a very common misconception, though. Supplements are exactly what they mean, supplements. Only 5 (to 10% at most) of your gains in bodybuilding comes from supplements. The rest of your progress comes from form, rest, and proper dieting.

Getting laid helps too, apparently. But who has time for ladies, eh?

Swim 2-3 times a week, about a mile each time. A few years back I would run 5 miles nearly every day, but it started bothering my knees, so swimming helps with that.

Lift 4-5 days a week... I usually try to break down back/bi's, chest/tri's, and lower body separately, but my current school gym doesn't have as much equipment as I'm used to, and so I find myself doing those 3 components together more often. Not on a proper regimen, but I do lots of free weights for arms/chest, squats, deadlifts, lunges, bench presses, stuff that works the whole body.

I'm 6'3" 205 lbs... want to put on a bit more muscle, but I do it gradually, so it looks good (I was 180 in h.s.). Mainly want to be just a bit more toned and lean. My challenge is maintaining discipline about eating/drinking properly... luckily I enjoy working out though.

Edit: I notice that some of my jeans feel much tighter after doing squats... the ones I wear to the gym, I mean. Anybody else experience this? I don't want to grow out of them, but that's already happened with a few of my other articles of clothing.