Do people on Sufu exercise?

organic ketchup

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got back into boxing...philly style again this week.

Jiujitsu to keep the angry asian tendencies down

Running like a mofo ever since my stupid marathoning roommate moved in.

i eat about five pounds of raw hamburger a day and also like to eat melted containers of ice cream. lately i have been feeling like i should do coke or something to keep all this weight off, my feet have gone from a size nine to 13... anyone know any good spots i can go gym at?

• 6 months later...

bump

does anyone on sufu do capoeira? i have started recently to do it on a random basis, and i was thinking of starting to a couple times per week since it's fun - but i am concerned, will it definitely make you (visibly) muscular? because i don't want that. -_-

most of the men in the class are really buff and it's making me nervous, (i don't want some guns hehe). but i do enjoy it and think it would be good for furthering flexibility, etc, and obv it's just really good cardio.

so yeah i was wondering if anyone is more into capoeira than i am... is it possible to do on a regular basis without becoming ripped? do you think these people must do weight training in addition to capoeira?

^ umm yeah i'm a girl.

@ jeep - why would you post that? you have no idea how 'defined' i am, my muscle mass, etc... nor did i ask how anyone felt about women gaining or not gaining muscles.

^^ thanks ajax.

the more toning the merrier, as well as flexability and stamina... which are the things i do want (pilates is no longer challenging so i wanted to step it up) and capoeira so far seems awesome for all 3 - BUT i was looking around at some of the peoples' huge arms and it was making me a little apprehensive. i was thinking they must also do weight training to have gotten that way, but i wanted to be sure.

And to stay more on topic, I weight lift and recently started doing some yoga in the morning and before bed to stretch out and increase and flexibility and posture. Check the supermeatheads thread.

I used to work out at least 2 hours a day (running + weights), then I started working 40 hours a week. This lead to a gradual decrease to about 30 minutes a day. Now I have completely stopped working out. I should probably start again.