Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Thanks for the comments guys! I feel pretty good about it, considering it's my first piece. It's only two pieces of leather, so I kept it pretty simple. Theres some messy stitching on the inside here and there, but overall it was a good outcome. I'll probably do a bifold and maybe a card-case tomorrow too.

What I made today:

10gimac.jpg

5bspwi.jpg

t98801.jpg

A bifold

x2t5qw.jpg

2ywtu9z.jpg

a coin pouch.

I'm a lot more confident with my stitching already. I feel like I'm making pretty good progress for my second day!

All of these are treated with mink oil and beeswax

e: Bifold is for my first paying customer. Yeeeee

I love that everyone's getting into this! However I really can't stress how important it is to actually learn the craft before charging money and selling things.

Spy, looks good. You should hide your knots or do a simple backstitch to lock in the lace though, you can just backstitch a couple and snip the thread, melt the wax with a lighter. that'll give the stitching a nice finished look and seal the lace.

I love that everyone's getting into this! However I really can't stress how important it is to actually learn the craft before charging money and selling things.

Spy, looks good. You should hide your knots or do a simple backstitch to lock in the lace though, you can just backstitch a couple and snip the thread, melt the wax with a lighter. that'll give the stitching a nice finished look and seal the lace.

I've been doing backstitching, but using a lighter sounds like a great idea, thanks!