Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

5060058690_4dda678777_z.jpg

sketchbook case and matching pencil case

also, I needed something to do with all my belt scrap, and I had way more than I could ever need for making bracelets, so I made my mom a sort of folk-arty american flag to hang over her fireplace. this is a phone picture, so it's not super clear, but it measures about 2 feet sq.- it was really fun to make!

5033638884_22cba0b3e9_z.jpg

I've been practicing a lot lately and made few things, but here's a shot of my belt and keychain. I have a background in construction and really like taking ideas from that in my projects. I'm also starting an apprenticeship with a leather craftsman very soon and can't wait to learn more.

img18482.jpg

I've been practicing a lot lately and made few things, but here's a shot of my belt and keychain. I have a background in construction and really like taking ideas from that in my projects. I'm also starting an apprenticeship with a leather craftsman very soon and can't wait to learn more.

img18482.jpg

where'd you get that shackle? i dig it.

^marine supply stores have em. That's some serious key security :) Nice work, and post up some stuff from your apprenticeship when you get the chance.

must take about half an hour to get that shackle undone to unlock the front door!

Haha, there's a snap on the leather! And like f50 said, you can buy those shackles at any good hardware store.

While we're on the subject of hardware, I thought some of you might be interested in this site (maybe it's been mentioned already?):

http://aplusproducts.thomasnet.com/

That's a badass flag, Corter. I can't even imagine how much scrap leather you have.

Thanks mate!

I try to use as much of any hide as I can, but there's only so many uses for foot long strips of 1 1/2" 17oz leather haha. So I do end up having a lot of scrap, just try to make use of it with art projects or donating it to childrens programs in the area

Collaboration of BDD x OGL.

Using Benzak Denim Developers 14.5 oz signature selvage denim as inlay. With left and right wearer options.

Put in some great effort in detailing, handstitching and cutting.

Since Benzak release it officially on his website , might as well x-post here too.

BDDxOGLwalletright.jpg

BDDxOGLwallet8.jpg

BDDxOGLwallet10.jpg

BDDxOGLwallet12.jpg

Exposed selvage

BDDxOGLwallet6.jpg

I made this today for my son... he got a new cap pistol and needed a holster... plus I had some old scrap leather laying around.... not the best stitching, but not bad for as thick as that leather is. Should last him a long time. The belt was just an old one cut down for his waist.

DSC06375.jpg

DSC06378.jpg

DSC06379.jpg

Thanks guys. If I had sort of set out to do it, I probably would have gone darker for sure, but this was truly just an accidental dripping. I really like how dimensional the stains are, since it was watered down there's some translucency to it and lots of overlapping/variations in the tones. Here's another picture in natural light, I guess it sort of explains a bit more clear

5105357548_3e209d8e58_z.jpg

Been lurking for a bit now, nice to see cool people who are into leather crafting. These are a couple billfolds I've finished recently...

natural veg tan with chrome tan brown accent piece

5105976223_1e456ef5e8_m.jpg

brownwallet1 by himynameisjon4, on Flickr

5105976519_985d155c34_m.jpg

brownwallet2 by himynameisjon4, on Flickr

5105977279_59c6d15575_m.jpg

brownwallet3 by himynameisjon4, on Flickr

alll veg tan billfold

5105978153_87cebb6eeb_m.jpg

naturalwallet3 by himynameisjon4, on Flickr

5105977691_dc88b211ec_m.jpg

naturalwallet2 by himynameisjon4, on Flickr