Leathercrafting Creations: PYC

OptimaDies

Hey gentlemen,

Been awhile since I have posted anything i have been making. but i have been making and practicing a lot.

Here is two wallets i made to match some boots i own. the the left is some RW Gents with a All Veg Tan mid wallet with dyed outer to match. to the right are some Thorogood Monkey boots made out of Horween Chromexcel. The Wallet is made with A Black Horween outer with Natural Veg innards, it is also stitched with sinew. I have been practicing my ass off trying to learn how to sitich with sinew. i think i am starting to get the hang of it.

5704672417_0f7b34394b_b.jpg

5705239140_63b1e96c82.jpg

Here is a pic of another black veg tan wallet i made next to the horween . so you can see the difference in texture and color

5704672157_b2bf8691cb.jpg

and here are a few detail shots just for the hell of it! :)

5705239050_3b13e1db77.jpg

]5705238942_184de2a43b.jpg

5705238852_4f1e254717.jpg

Holy crap, I just sharpened my edger after many months of neglect and I feel REBORN.

Nothing beats sharp tools. Just had to gush, and this is the only audience that cares.

I went through all of my tools a couple of day ago and it made a world of difference.

I wrap some 400 grit wet/dry paper around a piece of bicycle brake housing, and put a drop of oil on it, works well!

I'm going to try that... thanks for the tip

i broke a needle when i first started, now a month later i just broke like 5 of them working on a purse. i bought the needle pack from tandy that comes with all different types. im guessing these are the wrong ones...

I use Harness Needles size 000 from Tandy. They've worked great for me. They come in packs of 10 and i havent broken a single one yet.

me too hollows!!!! its the whiskey color. mmmmm....... whiskey

i forgot to say in the last post, if any one is interested in picking up one of the #8s from me, shoot me a PM. i got them at a close out price right after siegals of california went belly up. so i will let someone have it for the price i paid, no more, no less.

this is the only goddamn thread i check on here.

i know youre all out there makin money selling shit but you should probably take a few pictures and throw some img codes around them and post that shit!

anyways. tanning my wallet. just flipped it to give the guts some love.

5723311453_d3ae55cd82_z.jpg

5723311441_9a9240911d_z.jpg

Just got a shipment in the mail, and i creamed my pants

looking forward to working with the stuff :)

pardon the bad photos. the shells still need to be shined and there was a lot of glare.

]5714376844_9407223370_z.jpg[

5714376918_0560277daf_z.jpg

Whoaaaaaa.... *Envious..* I wanna try my hand on those soon..!

Then again, you're more likely to break your finger before you break a harness needle.

oVQPR.jpg

fdHpL.jpg

Washed veg-tan bag, 16x12x6 with two side pockets and a laptop divider.

Really..? How so...?

Good job on the bag..! I like the compartments on the soft bag. Reminds me of Indiana Jones. :P

What do you mean by washed..? Did you wet it and distressed it.?

this is the only goddamn thread i check on here.

i know youre all out there makin money selling shit but you should probably take a few pictures and throw some img codes around them and post that shit!

anyways. tanning my wallet. just flipped it to give the guts some love.

5723311453_d3ae55cd82_z.jpg

5723311441_9a9240911d_z.jpg

Haha.! I just made a similar wallet for a friend..! Will post it SOON. :D

hand dyed shell that I did a while back, basically just threw some leather into the bottom of a container that was almost empty, so the dyes that I mixed had separated over time. thought it was pretty cool! finally got it made into a wallet.

5726670611_9b265516ac_z.jpg

5727228028_afac649be3_z.jpg

and another, hand dyed as well with a 40's grain bag lining

5726712199_45f98c86d0_z.jpg

5726714877_4a7dcacbaa_z.jpg

Really..? How so...?

Good job on the bag..! I like the compartments on the soft bag. Reminds me of Indiana Jones. :P

What do you mean by washed..? Did you wet it and distressed it.?

:D

I actually throw it in to my washer on a tumble cycle for a few minutes, warm water and no soap. After it comes out, I take some time to massage the leather and bend it to set in a nice pebble grain. Then I dry it in the sun and give it lots and lots of oil as it dries, and once it's finished, the leather has a great, soft hand but is nice and tight-grained. It's a rugged as hell piece. I'll take pictures of the evo, it's already gotten a lot darker since I made it.

edit: Have a blue bag

RFfBW.jpg

5H10L.jpg

o4oTQ.jpg

hand dyed, washed, oiled and then leather-balmed 3-4oz veg tan, 10oz natural trim. one internal pocket

handsewn, as usual

japanese wallet with USA COIN SNAP? brainexplodesss haha

edit: corter i notice your holes arent always evenly spaced, but they always "fit" the corners well, do you do this on purpose?

i mean i guess id assume you dont use a stitching wheel then?