Academi Denim

joey_formal

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn not bad, wow your walllet is realllly big lol. and they look good after being tapered.

nice fit btw.

ahhh thank you...yeah i like the taper a lot more and they are coming along...vertical fading in starting to happen and that makes me a very happy person....oh yeah i got a big wallet from corter...my old wallet fade in on the pocket and now my new one is starting to come it it's kinda funny looking...

did this brand die? are they even making denim anymore?

we've paused production on Academi for the time being and focusing more on Good Society. we've been through hell and back with Academis...back burner at this point.

dont even get me started on the stacks and stacks and stacks of Academis left in our warehouse...im thinking about burning all of it to keep warm during the winter.

we've had some major problems with quality control...as you well know, our hardware is...lacking...to say the least. this has happened to us with every brand we've run but while we've fixed most problems with our other lines, it was just not costly for us to reproduce and fix the problems on the Academis.

We love the denim and the jeans and despite people complaining about the fit, we've gotten great responses from the very few lucky people (whos rivets didnt fall off) who love the jeans.

I personally love the second season Academi samples we have in our warehouse. Purple overdye, copper overdye, black overdye coated, theres a good 15-20 varieties that we sampled that I absolutely love. but production is on pause indefinitely... :(

yeah feel ya. you gotta do what you gotta do when your running something like that. I have the first season and just got them tailored up a little and i love the fit now haha. I haven't had anything at all fall off or anything so i'm one of those i'm happy with my purchase and yes the denim is great and i'm starting to get that fading that i've been waiting for...i hope that you can get it back going because it's a great entry level selvedge jean that's for sure...i'm happy with my purchase...good luck with it all though man.

thanks. one of our team members wore his academi's for a good 8-10 months or so and the fade is much better than i expected. not as contrasty as some might like but very subtle and well blended.

only problem is...we arent sure if the academi's he wore was an OLD sample which mightve been different denim... lol

thanks. one of our team members wore his academi's for a good 8-10 months or so and the fade is much better than i expected. not as contrasty as some might like but very subtle and well blended.

only problem is...we arent sure if the academi's he wore was an OLD sample which mightve been different denim... lol

Well get pics of them! i wanna see some good fades on these so i can see hopefully what i'm going to be getting and i just wanna see what can come out of these for once!!! no one else has anything!

I personally love the second season Academi samples we have in our warehouse. Purple overdye, copper overdye, black overdye coated, theres a good 15-20 varieties that we sampled that I absolutely love. but production is on pause indefinitely... :(

even if i dont like the fit all to much i was definitely digging those

other colors u were coming up with in those sample pics

sell em if u still have those samples!!!

we've paused production on Academi for the time being and focusing more on Good Society. we've been through hell and back with Academis...back burner at this point.

dont even get me started on the stacks and stacks and stacks of Academis left in our warehouse...im thinking about burning all of it to keep warm during the winter.

what's on the agenda for good society?

what's on the agenda for good society?

slowly growing. this season we've kinda turned our focus towards alot of washes as we've b een trying to produce a nice natural looking wash. i'm happy with our results. but we still do offer raw and selvage for those who care.

Spring season, we have alot of fun colors coming out...we had some good responses about our colored jeans so we've been sampling and working with new colors...fun stuff.

as for Sling and Stones, SelfEdge will be the only US retailer for Sling and Stones.

you planning on selling those samples fndmybetterhalf? ;)

to be honest, we've been juggling with the idea of launching an online sample sale but it would be alot of work for not alot of money lol. We are however planning on having another sample sale locally in Seattle int he next couple months...

last time, we had a couple Seattle sufu members who was doing pickusp for people on Sufu.

Why dont you use the best of washes you have sampled for Academi that is "on the pause" and produce them under Good Society label since you're not having quality problem on the hardware? Colored / overdyed denim is just too...cheap monday. Good Society would be great if they were on the production in the same line of say Nudie? Real denim stuffs..

...not quite as easy as 1 2 3, using this denim and on that.

and while Nudies have come a far way, our market is not even on the same focus or level as Nudies.

and we produce plenty of raw denim as well as selvage denim. we have no interest in becoming the next Nudies to be honest...its just not our thing.

and no offence...but i dont consider Nudie "real denim stuff" ;]

if you'd rather not continue this discussion, do you remember which seattle

members were doing pickups?

I CAN do pickups as it's a busride away from where I'm at...but I don't know of any real solid free time findmybetterhalf and I have in common. Whenever I'm free seems to be his lunch or meeting times, lol.

I CAN do pickups as it's a busride away from where I'm at...but I don't know of any real solid free time findmybetterhalf and I have in common. Whenever I'm free seems to be his lunch or meeting times, lol.

haha yeah sorry about that week. im always all over the place hustlin and bustlin.

everybody juist hold their horsies and i'll figure something out.