Uniqlo S/S 08

onemancult

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality has gone down overall on the items most definitely. The reversible down vest, thermals, and scarf I picked up 1st or 2nd season are still holding up great. I think there is still a pleasant surprise or two to be had every season though.

Damn I haven't bought the socks lately but if ML is right that would make me really sad.

I think they put out a lot of stylized stuff now just to get people in the store to see what's fresh. The NJ stores only stocked basics and they failed pretty fast.

i was so pissed when i bought more socks. those things were the best for the price. they're super thin and way stretchy now... not as thick. i have some in the same color from both runs and when i do laundry i get pissed when i mix them. the shitty ones will pull up way far like a knee sock while the others fit like they should.

Guest shuka

isnt a lot of the shit just a chosen selection of what they make for the japanese stores, just chosen for the u.s. market? just cuz you're seeing a more diverse clientèle doesnt mean the shit has dropped off. give me a break uniqlo would not change their quality for the whim of one store in new york out of the hundreds (700+ japan, about 750 worldwide) they have in japan, even if it is the biggest one they have. i'm sure uniqlo sales are still 90% japan

the quality of clothing does not go down just cuz you see a few more people wearing their stuff

isnt a lot of the shit just a chosen selection of what they make for the japanese stores, just chosen for the u.s. market? just cuz you're seeing a more diverse clientèle doesnt mean the shit has dropped off. give me a break uniqlo would not change their quality for the whim of one store in new york out of the hundreds (700+ japan, about 750 worldwide) they have in japan, even if it is the biggest one they have. i'm sure uniqlo sales are still 90% japan

the quality of clothing does not go down just cuz you see a few more people wearing their stuff

exactly.... exactly

exactly, people are on some elitist bullshit. if youre gonna be doing it at least do it in a funny way or have some semblance of a backing for it, don't just make idiotic claims.

lmao @ the clothing "not holding up", what the fuck do people do in their clothes that they're so concerned about that?

i think you completely misread. i dont think there was any implication that there was a correlation between uniqlo blowing up and the quality drop off, just that both occured. and i think i more or less agree with that

ill check for myself monday but does anyone recall if the black version of the denim jacket or the slim wool trousers on the uk site hit our shores?

I think they put out a lot of stylized stuff now just to get people in the store to see what's fresh. The NJ stores only stocked basics and they failed pretty fast.
Uniqlo has def changed though, im not looking down or anyone or anything but damn has the stores customers changed a whole lot.

I'd have to see this F/W 08 line to really judge if they really fell off

i was more looking at those two specific posts as opposed to all the recent replies, i know some people are commenting on the quality directly but others....

i would say that muji is the progressive, yet reserved, minimalist version of uniqlo if you had to compare the two. their stuff is pretty nice all around.

i was in uniqlo yesterday and they had fuck-all. got a pair of vintage chinos after trying on 5 pairs in the same size. would have grabbed black as well but the sizing and cut were all over the place. some large in the thigh, small at the cuff, the opposite and one an obviously mistagged larger size. uniqlo needs some quality control even on their crowd favorites.

seriously nothing there at all. there was a good lightweight sweat in a pretty contrasty heather grey, but only left in XS and S. other than that it was pretty sad.

How'd the chino stock look? fuck I always miss out and anything decent cause I can't commit to going to NY on a weeknight due to work the next morning.

basically it looked like this ... huge skinny denim (in all colors) and tee promos all over the store, down vests/old navyish tech wear, some thermal henleys, cloth oxfords, normal button down selection, vintage chinos, tees in small and huge sizes, underwear in XL-XXL or XS, sock wall, shiny nylon jackets...

damn. May just stop in for the chinos, and from you said the sizing is fucked, so I may be out of luck. I wish the button downs didn't have such arbitrary sizing either. L fits me in the sleeves and not the length and the XL is far too long and the sleeves are too short. Quality control must be shit at their production end.

for the most part the waist/upper fit was consistent on the chinos, but the taper/opening were a little off and on. one of the girls working there said they've "addressed a lot of the sizing" and that the oxfords fit big now.

hmm, may have to go w/ L's and just hang them to dry or get them dry cleaned... whatever. There are nicer ones elsewhere.

What is the approx. taper/hem on the chinos? Relatively slim?