australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Yo!

i was just wondering where you all shopped in melbourne?? Since joining superfuture i have pretty much stopped shopping normally, and i also have worked in retail for a while so it has kinda put me off going into shops...anything new and exciting opened up recently??

They have got some pieces of _7, guidi, issey miyake, volga volga, avantindeitro, werkstatt, ugo cacciotori here and there. but the main focus are ph, ccp and i6w9 now..

melbourne got other great stores like

assin : ro, ann d, mmm, n(n), kva, undercover, dior, lanvin etc.

cose ipanema : cdg, va, l&f, is, devoa, d&g, dvn etc

left: yohji, dd, gareth, cdg, obscur, fabric interseason, augusta etc

Damien, after some thinking and looking at Chant's WAYWT I think I'd be worth a buy but not so sure how it'd look on guys our height.

Edit: H.Lorenzo previews up for Julius and MA FW10 here and here, don't think we'd see better pictures of MA FW10 anywhere else. I want 320BLM1 :D

coat's nice D, but I always associate that style with CCP

yeah but most of ccp's coats in that style have quite experimental construction (taped/glued seams, etc.), I rather have something traditionally tailored so I can get it taken in if necessary. I like the Julius lapel shape and fabric better as well, and I rather not have to track down a womens 44 again haha. if it ends up being ridiculously long on me (doubt it) I could get it shortened a bit easily enough Nick.

thanks for the heads up Nick. agree that that MA cowl neck looks great, the style definitely suits the soft satin fabric better than leather. kinda like this but too streetwear-ish for what I'm going for these days. passing on most of FW10, sans the boston bag, skinny boots, l/s tees, bending trousers and long tailored jacket of course (phew... :o).

thanks for the heads up Nick. agree that that MA cowl neck looks great, the style definitely suits the soft satin fabric better than leather. kinda like this but too streetwear-ish for what I'm going for these days. kopping most of FW10, like the boston bag, skinny boots, l/s tees, bending trousers and long tailored jacket of course (phew... :o).

hai i fixed it. one of every category isn't skipping lul.

I've never been one for hoodies but I like the detailing on the MA hoodie. Marc looks like fucking Jigsaw from Saw with the hood up though. Cannot unsee.

FW10 is great, so many things I'd love to have.

yeah but most of ccp's coats in that style have quite experimental construction (taped/glued seams, etc.), I rather have something traditionally tailored so I can get it taken in if necessary. I like the Julius lapel shape and fabric better as well, and I rather not have to track down a womens 44 again haha. if it ends up being ridiculously long on me (doubt it) I could get it shortened a bit easily enough Nick.

Actually, every collection, stores have the options to buy the coats/suits in traditional construction or in his seasonal experiments. My nicht blazer are lined and traditionally constructed. (The best combo I realized, given the coarse texture of nicht) Whilst Darklands nicht blazers are all unlined and taped. So yeah, I guess in the end you need to look out/hunt which stores ordered a coat in traditional construction.

Selvedge are by far the most craziest experiments he have made to date.

lulz too true Nick. :o decided against anymore hoodies in general, too juvenile/teenagerish for an old guy like me haha.

true Rob but one coat in a coarse fabric is enough for me... that and I rather have a mens coat for that sort of long tailored jacket.

Guys,

Just a heads up you aussie guys, I just received an AW08 Calfskin version of the RO High-collar in size medium (bought from Raw on sz), but I don't like it as much as the SS version so I'm going to sell it - and I want to sell it fast.

I'm going to ask $1600US + paypal + shipping in the market place, but will consider selling it cheaper to one of you punks, so if you are interested, hit me up asap.

I think the medium will fit a 48 on the money (or tight on a 50). It's a little too big for me.

you are right with that. Traditionally tailored clothes are best to get as men's

yeah the sissy p high collar I have is the exception to the rule as it's a fairly straight cut, for traditionally tailored pieces like suits and that long jacket it'd have to be an actual men's piece.

Those are mad photos of the upcoming Julius collection. Cheers for the link. Rider making me go crazy. Should I cop the red? XD

the red is nice but not very versatile, don't want to end up in the same situation as me...

anyone have a reliable / cheap automatic watch guy? Want to get one looked at, as it's running fast. It's not an expensive watch, but it's 40 years old.

I wear one of these to work, it's inexpensive and keeps the time very accurately. wish it had more than a 40 hour reserve though as I generally don't wear it on the weekends (the handwinding function resolves the issue though) but otherwise very happy with it.

Which red leather are you rocking D and what do you mean by not versatile?

It obviously can't be paired with as much clothing as black/charcoal leathers, but out of all reds I've seen...this fw10 blood is the best I've encountered.

Why wont you guys let me ball!? :( Dammit, fine I'll go for the black and keep telling myself that lol.

Black, black, black, black, red, black, black, black...

Go with what you like or you might regret it later! I like the red but then again I like the mustard too :D

I had the FW09 red rider, loved it but just couldn't wear it that often (there was also the issue of loss/transfer of colour if it got slightly wet...). if you think you'll be able to wear it often enough then by all means go for it, I found it looked best with black, black and more black and little else.

cheers swooc, will keep that in mind.

^ You experienced loss/transfer of color on your red rider? That doesn't sound good...

There's an inner war raging inside me. I think I'll eventually go with the black since it's the most practical choice. And you're right...looking at my wardrobe I don't see much that I could pair a red leather with.

Julius's red is here to stay anyway, maybe pick up something in that colorway later on.

I got caught in some particularly heavy rain (typhoon, seriously) while wearing it, had an umbrella but the back still got slightly wet. a bit of colour loss/transfer, only noticeable if you examine it closely and perhaps the issue will be resolved with the new jackets. up to you dude, the red is particularly amazing though.

bit of a topic change

know theres gotta be other smokers here

roll my own these days

recent cop: DrumMenth50.jpg

bit of a letdown especialyl for the price, but okay

anyone got some tobacco recs/places to buy?

ive been wanting to try flavoured and stuff ...