australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

congrats Pand :D, well on your way to another 4+ years of uni haha.

You are right of course. If weren't for EM, I won't have interest in CCP at all. It is a label I have to say I din't liked at all in SZ until I saw them in person. Now the idea is people should sometimes go to their local stores, try clothes, and create a look they like, not just follow what internet has.

I wasn't interested in ccp until really having a chance to handle it in person either but the idea that someone should only buy from a label that they've had a chance to handle in person is a tad narrow minded and hypocritical isn't it?

*^^opps. added another line*

You are right of course. If weren't for EM, I won't have interest in CCP at all. It is a label I have to say I din't liked at all in SZ until I saw them in person. Now the idea is people should sometimes go to their local stores, try clothes, and create a look they like, not just follow what internet has.

I was halfway through a response to your post when I realized that there are so many different facets to the issue at hand that I'm just going to try to condense my views into a single sentence:

No man is an island.

P.S. Grats Pandemonium! That's another what 6 years of study?

I wasn't interested in ccp until really having a chance to handle it in person either but the idea that someone should only buy from a label that they've had a chance to handle in person is a tad narrow minded and hypocritical isn't it?

No offense, but aren't those end up reselling..? People buy clothes from internet it's fine, but it's totally outplayed when they realize it's not for them in the end.

**Now I am in no way to judge how one should spend their clothes, but for me I just see it as something is going wrong due to internet kopping.

No offense, but aren't those end up reselling..? People buy clothes from internet it's fine, but it's totally outplayed when they realize it's not for them in the end.

**Now I am in no way to judge how one should spend their clothes, but for me I just see it as something is going wrong.

there's always that risk yes, you've had some experience with that too. not sure exactly what you mean by outplayed... people are free to experiment with different styles to find what works for them, there's always the possibility of buying something in person then having buyers remorse too.

there's always that risk yes, you've had some experience with that too. not sure exactly what you mean by outplayed... people are free to experiment with different styles to find what works for them, there's always the possibility of buying something in person then having buyers remorse too.

I have, and sold/gave most of them away, my idea of buying clothes from internet has slightly changed and limited to shoes/accessories and more basics stuff. never say never however, but I really have avoid it now, because I am tired of experimenting something so costly : \

I have, and sold/gave most of them away, my idea of buying clothes from internet has slightly changed and limited to shoes/accessories and more basics stuff. never say never however, but I really have avoid it now, because I am tired of experimenting something so costly : \

So what about people who can't afford retail, or don't have access to a selection of different physical shops? Not sure I really agree with your point of view, but then again that's the beauty of the Internet :P

Speaking of which, and this probably applies to lurkers more than regular posters in this thread, if any one is studying media / marketing is interested to do interning at a PR company, get in touch. Interest in digital media preferable.

Sounds like it's right up kuugaia's alley.

odd question: any stores in melbourne that would sell vintage clothes at a not to expensive rate. got a 1920s dress up to go to and im looking for a 'newsboy' look. kinda like these:

EM, that's exactly what the povera labels aspire to look like :D. I think the usual suspects along Smith St might be your best bet, there are plenty here but not sure if you can find this particular aesthetic.

keep the _7 bag. i rock mine everyday as its my 'go to bag'. fits books, blood monitor, insulin injections, scarf, phone, etc.

pretty sure Nick is already planning to haha. glad I kept my gas mask bag, it'll be my official every day bag when travelling even if I don't need it while I'm here in melbourne.

keep the _7 bag. i rock mine everyday as its my 'go to bag'. fits books, blood monitor, insulin injections, scarf, phone, etc.

I intend to do that, I was amazed at the condition of the bag and appreciate the solid heft as well. m.a+ bag is made out of beautiful soft vachetta leather but it is too unstructured for me.

pretty sure Nick is already planning to haha. glad I kept my gas mask bag, it'll be my official every day bag when travelling even if I don't need it while I'm here in melbourne.

lol, I wear glasses so I always use a bag due to the need to carry prescription lens sunnies :( if only I could stash all my shit in my pants.

I should probably start carrying a bag again when I go out as big phone is big and I don't really like carrying it in my pocket. the gas mask bag is quite hefty, thick & sturdy leather with chunky brass hardware. :cool:

lol my friend was here when it arrived, and when he picked it up one handed from the box he's like, "why's this so fucking heavy?" :D

with all the rain you get down in melb I'd figure some form of umbrella in the bag is a prerequisite for peeps... sydney's way more predictable.

yea guys, fuck. another 5 years actually if i get this gig. omg omg omgo mgogmogmogmogmogmgomogo mg omg omg omg then i can get a part time job as well because they'll be like hmmm medk id. he must be good.

do you count the placements at hospitals as part of the 5 years? maintaining a part time job that has good pay/hours and studying for med school sounds like a whole world of hurt >_>

So what about people who can't afford retail, or don't have access to a selection of different physical shops? Not sure I really agree with your point of view, but then again that's the beauty of the Internet :P

of course you don't have to agree.

but really, we are talking about thousands worth of garment here. i wont drop another 6k jacket via internet, till i try them in person, irregardless it's exclusive or not.

of course you don't have to agree.

but really, we are talking about thousands worth of garment here. i wont drop another 6k jacket via internet, till i try them in person, irregardless it's exclusive or not.

Yeah, I see where you are coming from, I guess my limit for internet coppage would be about 1k.

glad to hear they worked out for you Adam, how scarred is your pair anyway? will probably get my cobbler to permanently glue in the leather insole as it sliding when you put your foot in is annoying...

yeah the jackets at EM have the same sleeve length, you're just too tall for them mate. ;) Rob I still think _7 leather jackets are better suited to the asian body shape. I'm still not crazy about the zip pockets with the triangular top inserts either as they form a slightly unflattering silhouette on a short jacket, they're offset on longer garments like coats and I appreciate that I can fit more of my arms in the pockets of my coat because of them though haha.

They have the perfect amount of scarring imo, enough to add a level of interest without making them look overdone. They are, imo, the best looking pair of CCP derbies out there hahaha.

The sleeve length on the jacket wasn't short on me, I would probably call it spot on as far as traditional sleeve lengths are concerned, and the jointed elbow sit perfectly for me. I do, however, like the fit pics where the sleeves appear long... I'm still going to buy it though.

And cosign on the insole. I can wear them pretty comfortably without the insole though, so may just wear some thick socks and avoid the hassle.

agree 100% on the scarring, it's reasonably subtle but just adds that extra element to them. my pair are in need of a vibram heel (worn them a bit and I overpronate slightly) so I'll ask the cobbler to glue it down then.

hope you do cop the classic jacket soon, yet to see anyone properly pull that one off.

nah the problem is they aren't actually cut to perfectly fit the shoes shape, my pair of insoles has 6 written on them in texta. I can wear the derbies fine without them but they're more comfortable with them in.

^^ Hey Tyro I'm interested. Let me know what's up. Shall I pm you my email?

Wow this whole internet koppingz/ccp/retail buying discussion was had recently by rob and i over PM at sz. Was going to copy some of the points in that discussion but most of it is covered. Overall, I think there's nothing wrong with kopping shit IRL or on the net just cause it looks cool. Some people have more confidence sending out thousands of dollars on the net compared to others, doesn't mean they're going to start reselling cause of that. I kopped my guidis online, fit perfect. :)

Oh and they didn't have the ones I wanted at Zekka. Don't kill me! :P