australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

ma+ boots are sick. I picked up the women's backlace boot and that shit is just amazing. Sigh, I want it for mens :(

Too bad that stuff puts a large hole in your wallet ahaha.

They got a few pairs in mens. I am thinking of ccp boots but these m.a+ footwears are making me reconsidering, the back lace are fantastic - at the front and side they are really simple and clean, with minimal creases like guidis, but when turn at the back it's all the devil's details. I really like it, but slightly impatient for it, worth it tho.

always had a soft spot for long coats. :o currently only have the sissy p high collar and a diet butcher tri-seasoner so wouldn't mind having another, didn't really have much time for trying on pieces yesterday as I had to head off to meet some friends for dinner. wondering what size you tried Rob, the 44 fit me well sans the shoulders which were a tad dropped.

I was surprised, I really quite liked the shoes too. never liked the toe shape in pics and not big on reverse leather, however the MA+ footwear won me over in person. good thing they don't have the derbies in 41. ;) which ones are you considering copping?

have to say after handling and trying some pieces I'm still not a fan of the aviators or leather blazers in the least. did want to try on the cross-cut leather shirt but didn't have time to change out of my business shirt lulz.

The jersey coats I think I tried it on 46, 44 was really really snug on me, can't even button up on the chest, but shoulder wise it's ok for both.

The aviators, I have to say the fabric is stunning, rough yet beautiful, however, it does not love me as well; leather blazers, I can't pull it off, : \ Stephen looked great on those. I still think leather shirts are amazing out of this 3.

Of all the m.a+ footwears, I dig the staple ankle boots the most, (good thing they din't have it in 43), the derbies are perfect, less demonic looking than ccp, it's a piece I must have in the future, not now tho. : \ But ah, if only $$ grow on trees.

I tried on the aviator as well and I have to say...men don't look good with mid rifts. Love the sleeves though. Overall I think ma+'s strength lies in its accessories and footwear.

But yeah I'm almost positive my next footwear is either ma+ backlace or ccp derbies/oxfords. Really wanted to cop some augustas before but realised that they're maybe a bit too beaten up for my liking in the long run.

I tried on the aviator as well and I have to say...men don't look good with mid rifts. Love the sleeves though. Overall I think ma+'s strength lies in its accessories and footwear.

But yeah I'm almost positive my next footwear is either ma+ backlace or ccp derbies/oxfords. Really wanted to cop some augustas before but realised that they're maybe a bit too beaten up for my liking in the long run.

the aviator look good on certain body, i saw one customer wore it and i was like wow, look great on him, not on me tho.:(

however yeah i agree, i feel there are more coveted pieces than aviator, like the bags, and footwears and accessories.

talk about accessories be wary tho, there are some replicas in y!

ma+ derbies are the next ccp derbies.. :D seriously underlooked. the ma+

yeah I imagine the 42 would pull and look too tight on me. the coat is really tempting, the lightweight fabric combined with the 1 button closure makes it perfect as a spring summer piece and the belted back keeps the fit perfectly slim despite the high button placement. would be pointless to have this sort of design for a f/w piece too as even with heavier fabric it wouldn't really keep you warm due to the fairly open cut, same way I felt about the IS hooded coat.

yeah the MA+ aviators can look good on the right person, looked great on Dave that's for sure haha. still not a fan of the coarse fabric or the impractical pockets though. don't like the idea of a leather blazer at all tbh...

I liked the staple ankle boot too, had them in my size but not really what I'm after (didn't try them on lest I get interested in them :o). lucky they didn't buy the derbies in my size...

yeah I imagine the 42 would pull and look too tight on me. the coat is really tempting, the lightweight fabric combined with the 1 button closure makes it perfect as a spring summer piece and the belted back keeps the fit perfectly slim despite the high button placement. would be pointless to have this sort of design for a f/w piece too as even with heavier fabric it wouldn't really keep you warm due to the fairly open cut, same way I felt about the IS hooded coat.

yeah the MA+ aviators can look good on the right person, looked great on Dave that's for sure haha. still not a fan of the coarse fabric or the impractical pockets though. don't like the idea of a leather blazer at all tbh...

I liked the staple ankle boot too, had them in my size but not really what I'm after (didn't try them on lest I get interested in them :o). lucky they didn't buy the derbies in my size...

you need some tips/lesson from so-ang or chant for layering!! That coat looks great, it will work as f/w piece with substantial knits. What EM has are all amazing, would kop all if weren't for the $$$.

no idea. so broke now. i will see whats left when i am ready to drop $$$

haha true. actually what Stephen suggested was I could layer the MA+ coat under the sissy p, more like a cardigan I guess. will have to go and try it on again sometime...

thinking about the wallet too, I'm happy with my current cheap wallet but it's only big enough for aussie notes or smaller... someone bought the last one from darklands last night, should have asked whether it was an australian buyer. :P

the soft leather wallet that got card compartment? i love it actually, but i don't feel m.a+ in it, it's abit too ordinary like another wallet, if that make sense. thus i feel his classic wallet, which i am using atm are more interesting but the weakness is it just bulks up too easily.

maybe the hook ones would be better in this case.

yeah you're right, that's really what stopped me from copping yesterday. nice leather but just felt like a standard wallet, I still have some other wallets I can use when overseas anyway. don't use them atm as they don't fit all my cards but won't need membership cards, licenses etc. when out of oz. thanks for disabling for once Rob. ;)

Sigh guys...what's with all the ma+ wallet discussion!? RAH! I got a wallet as a present for my 21st birthday 6 months ago...I think I should at least keep it for a year before I get a new one. Sighsigh.

I would imagine the ma+ wallets to bulge heavily...though I don't ever sit on my wallet.

I always get deliveries at 7-8am on saturday morning, glad to receive the parcels a couple of days earlier but still a pain in the arse... only times they've delivered to me on a sunday is if there's a public holiday on the monday.

well,

somethings flew already.. mostly women pieces tho... (really ballin)

all the leather cosets are gone, one of the long coat as well, and dress.

ink doc bag might be gone too.. what a lovely bag tbh. :(

damn...by the time I get there tomorrow there will be nothing left...oh well..could be a good thing

talked myself out of the MA+ coat, fabric is too light and basic for the price and the high button stance makes it look quite feminine. it's the same cut as the first coat on A, except it's plain cotton jersey rather than a cotton/silk blend.

btw what are people's thoughts on this sort of long coat:

04.jpg

think it could look pretty steezy in a dressier outfit, really like the cotton cupro kersey fabric too.

hey SV, your thread came at the worst possible time for me lol :( I wish I had the funds for the size 5 boots right now, if only you posted the thread next week instead.

Damien the FW10 long coat reminds me of a tailcoat without the front skirting cut away, what would you wear under it?

thanks for the heads up SV, shot Jes an email as he may be interested.

it's a pretty standard sort of dress coat Nick, not costumey like a tail coat at all. could really wear it with a lot of things, from regular business clothes to dressier casual wear.