australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

@ben,

i am not sure, he might. but.. let's just anticipate and be surprised on the spot. :cool:

@aue,

there's reflective in the coats, suits, and knits. all varying in composition and weight.

in brighter environment, the reflective coats/ suits looks mostly grey, with a subtle reflective metal effect, both fabrics has got nylon in it...

and as for knits, they already do look like chain mails..

I was actually thinking about making something similar after seeing stone island reflective stuff, using 3M reflective fabric, the type they use in those strips on safety clothing. Apparently 3M sells them in rolls, but obviously a different texture and feel. More like a nylon? material. Could possible make a bomber or a windbreaker type jacket

the reflective is very similar to the ones like the sign boards, or construction workers uniforms.

anyway, ccp2010 is a very futuristic collection, alot of materials and fabric were reflecting, or look as if they made of metal/feels like metal, and some yet to be produced look outright crazy.

its understandably hard to comprehend...but takes great imagination to accept.

what is to comprehend? he's like any other innovative designer/artist.

he uses quality materials and creates things that havn't been seen before.

if u take out all the mystery, hype and exclusivity surrounding ccp, you'll realise you're giving him too much credit

I think it's really hard to explain with words but a picture really helps. I was sent images of the fabric swatches (I don't have permission to share these) for surface and wface and it is more apparent as to what the difference might be without handling the pieces themselves.

My feeling is that it's really hard to appreciate CCP items until you have had an opportunity to handle them in person and ideally in a store which buys a variation of each style in different fabrics for his collection. I couldn't fully appreciate his work until i got to handle pieces at LIFT this summer. It's the little details that I'm drawn to. I just wish it wasn't so expensive though.

I've been eyeing the new selvedge fishtail coat but the price of it is equivalent to a CCP leather. Really hard to justify unless you can try it on in person and even then, your mind tells you that you are fricking crazy to drop that much $$$ on a coat.

kind of bemused with the discussion at SZ.

i got a dead-end coat with the fabric called surface. and it is not wface nor reverse or etc.

what is to comprehend? he's like any other innovative designer/artist.

he uses quality materials and creates things that havn't been seen before.

if u take out all the mystery, hype and exclusivity surrounding ccp, you'll realise you're giving him too much credit

i meant comprehend the incredulity in his work, for example his rubber dipped sneakers, or fibreglass fabric., etc. and the reflective is not something one would like to wear and goes unnoticed.

in regard of the hype, his work is good, and that's my opinion. his work resonates me and made me got bored of fashion. and to be fair, it certainly has little to do with the mystique or the exclusivity.

if there's any designer's work we can see in melbourne you like to talk about, i would be more keen to explore. :)

I think it's really hard to explain with words but a picture really helps. I was sent images of the fabric swatches (I don't have permission to share these) for surface and wface and it is more apparent as to what the difference might be without handling the pieces themselves.

My feeling is that it's really hard to appreciate CCP items until you have had an opportunity to handle them in person and ideally in a store which buys a variation of each style in different fabrics for his collection. I couldn't fully appreciate his work until i got to handle pieces at LIFT this summer. It's the little details that I'm drawn to. I just wish it wasn't so expensive though.

I've been eyeing the new selvedge fishtail coat but the price of it is equivalent to a CCP leather. Really hard to justify unless you can try it on in person and even then, your mind tells you that you are fricking crazy to drop that much $$$ on a coat.

i share your sentiments.

in regards to wface and surface they are two different fabric, and i don't think they are allowed to be produced reverse, there's an attempt of special request to it but was denied.

anyway this is the dead end coat in the surface fabric., i din't thought much of it until i tried it on.. and fitting was good.

surface.png

^ +repped. amazing jawnz and very informative post !

cCuY0.jpg

really keen on moving this WM soon if anyone is interested, bought of ebay and found it too small for me so I have never worn it.

Happy to do a flat 120ono express anywhere in australia!

i meant comprehend the incredulity in his work, for example his rubber dipped sneakers, or fibreglass fabric., etc. and the reflective is not something one would like to wear and goes unnoticed.

in regard of the hype, his work is good, and that's my opinion. his work resonates me and made me got bored of fashion. and to be fair, it certainly has little to do with the mystique or the exclusivity.

if there's any designer's work we can see in melbourne you like to talk about, i would be more keen to explore. :)

don't get me wrong. i'm not saying i don't like what he does. i'm a fan. but when u speak like his work is totally conceptual that minds cannot fathom, u start to lose me. he does creative things with great materials. but at the end of the day, they are pants, shoes, jackets etc. his approach to clothing is a artistic but yet scientific. i dont think it is hard to comprehend what he does or take great imagination to accept it

sorry for being far-fetched, somewhere between those lines i was thinking of something else, particularly work that has yet to be produced nor even seen. anyway, if we try to formulate his work with swatches or codes through our imagination... we still have to expect the unpredictable pretty much so.

mm.. his shoes can be called a shoes, but when it distorts your movement, would you still call it a shoes? or art? or defects? your and my definition may not be applicable to others.

• 2 weeks later...

anyone went to semi permanent melbourne?

4102352662_db2fa87644.jpg

i thought it was epically amazing and all around TED-like eye-opener.

platon, scott dadich, creative agency droga5 were the highlights.

insights to their creative influences in US media, catalyst to obama's presidential campaign and more importantly the humanitarian awareness.

platon a renown photographer for time magazines and new yorker, shared his inspiring anecdotes. how he gained access to UN congregation and took portraits of world leaders, and activist like aung san suu kyi, bono - how he tore their walls and connect them through his lens.

Platon%20Grid_thumb_w_580.png

platon's portraits of power

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSRkgSpS7sMTK9ld2fOf9s75WhaGJzOn2JkQTMa9H0750_y6gJzrA

his account on taking portraits of aung san suu kyi : must watch this if you are into photography and journalism : http://www.time.com/time/video/player/0,32068,731023907001_2040082,00.html

and also on how he captured the recent egypt revolution and echo human rights.

(also his work was cited by collin powell, changed his decision and endorsed obama)

scott dadich, creative director for wired and conde nast (publisher for new yorker, vogue, gq, vanity fair, architecture digest etc) speaks and introduced "the wrong theory" in designs, paradigm shift of traditional paper to e-publishing, retaining narratives through different vector. pioneer by innovating in the unknown.

01_Big_1308541224.jpg

can go on and on,

but i think the following eloquently summarise the conference :

“The last few decades have belonged to a certain kind of person with a certain kind of mind — computer programmers who could crank code, lawyers who could craft contracts, MBAs who could crunch numbers. But the keys to the kingdom are changing hands. The future belongs to a very different kind of person with a very different kind of mind — creators and empathizers, pattern recognizers, and meaning makers.” - Daniel Pink

a friend is contemplating to let go this ccp object-dyed, chain-seam, stowable hood, gloved parka in dark grey. size 52, provenance from antwerp.

condition is pristine, worn only once, retailed 1200++ euro, now looking for aud$1200.

preferably dealt within melbourne

img611c0704zikbzj.jpegimg21431ea1zik4zj.jpeg

measurement:

48cm across back.

90cm front length from collar

95cm back length from collar

70cm length of sleeve

76cm length of sleeve with glove

email fenrost // at // hotmail // dot // com

a friend is contemplating to let go this ccp object-dyed, chain-seam, stowable hood, gloved parka in dark grey. size 52, provenance from antwerp.

condition is pristine, worn only once, retailed 1200++ euro, now looking for aud$1200.

preferably dealt within melbourne

img611c0704zikbzj.jpegimg21431ea1zik4zj.jpeg

measurement:

48cm across back.

90cm front length from collar

95cm back length from collar

70cm length of sleeve

76cm length of sleeve with glove

email fenrost // at // hotmail // dot // com

if only its a size 44..........