australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

i am getting pretty jelly of all the sufu squad photo's. anyone down for a sufu dinner in the next couple of weeks?

yo jack id be down if its after my last exam

let's get the melb crew together for a drink or something

edit:

btw melbourne frandz, help me out if you can by completing my survey so i can write my thesis and graduate :3

here: http://bit.ly/Kuo3fg

thanksthanks

Edited by penis

coolos! i will be back on the 23rd of july so anytime after that should be good.... Melbourne squad! :)

side note: anyone work in marketing at the moment?

yeh jack, i work in marketing and also studied it at uni

thanks beatplus.

also, can anyone recommend a store where i can get some non-hideous dress shoes for under $300? adelaide has nothing - i'd order some loake's online but they won't get here by the time i need them (august 1st).

Edited by conqueror

Try Eastern Market. 61 Little Collins St.

is that a joke? he did say $300 not $3000.. his location is in adelaide too. i personally think you will find nothing there. try the supermarket thread or yahoo auctions japan/ebay.. chronicles of never do 1/2 decent footwear for that price

i am going to be in melbourne for a week, hence asking in this thread. con is not dressy enough and is too 'fashion' - i just need a pair of well made traditionall dress shoes for formal occasions that aren't disgusting to look at (ie loake, crockett & jones etc). as i said, i would normally order online (loake's are $550 in david jones but $300 from england) but they won't get here on time so i need a slightly cheaper and melbourne-accessible alternative. i always thought em stocked ann d and other gothninj labels, not the kind of shit i'm after.

Edited by conqueror

Ann d and you're so called "goth ninja" labels aren't in EM. These are artisinal labels like your CCP, m.a+ , ph ect. In which you will be looking at 1500+. even guidi at 1200ish, and still these are your made to look poor labels and look better over time. They gather a better characteristic over plenty of wear. Unlike ann d which will look tired after many wears even anything patent leather will look screwed up at the toe box. Formal doesnt exactly have to be perfectly clean these days. Styles change. Almost pointless, just sayin..

have already checked the two stores who stock the shoes (both in the uk since loake are made there) - one is out of stock of my size, the other can't guarantee it will get here in time. if time was no issue i'd just order them and wait however long it took, but i need them before the 1st.

is that a joke? he did say $300 not $3000.. his location is in adelaide too. i personally think you will find nothing there. try the supermarket thread or yahoo auctions japan/ebay.. chronicles of never do 1/2 decent footwear for that price

I fuckin' miss read it as over $300 rofl. Must have been drunk

Luisa might have something? Off Collins St.

i am going to be in melbourne for a week, hence asking in this thread. con is not dressy enough and is too 'fashion' - i just need a pair of well made traditionall dress shoes for formal occasions that aren't disgusting to look at (ie loake, crockett & jones etc). as i said, i would normally order online (loake's are $550 in david jones but $300 from england) but they won't get here on time so i need a slightly cheaper and melbourne-accessible alternative. i always thought em stocked ann d and other gothninj labels, not the kind of shit i'm after.

I fuckin' miss read it as over $300 rofl. Must have been drunk

Luisa might have something? Off Collins St.

Chronicles? Luisa? What is wrong with you kids

Ring/email pediwear or Herrings and tell them your time concerns as they can sometimes deliver within 5 days. Meermin (carmina) also ships quickly.

If not - American Tailors has some CJ and Carminas on sale last month.

DJs had Loakes on sale too

Herringbone have CJs

Styleforum - Australian Thread - ask members if anyone is selling

thanks jaypee. as i said, i emailed pediwear and they aren't getting any of what i want in stock again for almost 2 months. herrings haven't replied to any of my emails (3 now) over a 2 week period.

i will check out american tailors, as well as dj's. maybe florsheim is worth looking at too? if you think of anything else please drop me a pm.

sf australian thread is usually pretty helpful regarding this sort of thing, but i asked for some advice in there and got nothing.

Edited by conqueror