australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

thanks jaypee. as i said, i emailed pediwear and they aren't getting any of what i want in stock again for almost 2 months. herrings haven't replied to any of my emails (3 now) over a 2 week period.

i will check out american tailors, as well as dj's. maybe florsheim is worth looking at too? if you think of anything else please drop me a pm.

sf australian thread is usually pretty helpful regarding this sort of thing, but i asked for some advice in there and got nothing.

I reckon that you won't be getting much bang for your buck purchasing in Melb. Apart from Pediwear and Herrings, how about giving Shoehealer, Bodileys, Andersons of Durham or Plal a go.

Between them you should be able to get every major British shoemaker at competitive prices. They all offer expedited shipping too.

Anywhere in Melb where I can get two way zippers? Preferebly riri with antique silver teeth, I need to replace a broken riri m4 two way zipper on a hoody. Although, the zipper did seem flimsy to begin with, not sure if I should try a different zipper or maybe it was just a one off being dodgey.

fPM4M.jpg

someday now stocking vis???? nothing on their website about it, just sent them an email to see when/if they are getting F/W 2012.

We are getting the Visvim F/W 2012 collection, hopefully it arrives in the next few weeks. Will let you know when its here. Exciting!!!!
Edited by jackg

• 3 weeks later...

if anyone bought the black nubuck puffer jacket from Claude Maus in a size M or (maybe S) hit me up if youre willing to sell. It sold out at the sales and i missed it.

ill pay good money for it if anyone is looking to offload thiers.

Screen_shot_2012_08_22_at_1_49_30_PM.png

Edited by wept

just a heads up wept, haven't handled anything recently so I can't comment on quality but good to know i guess.

no guise, it actually sucks. CM was bought and they've shifted all of their production to china. it's a real shame because that was CM's real drawcard - melbourne manufacture.

Edited by jackg

yeah, i know of this jackg. thanks for the heads up though

the season thats in the store now is the last season thats made in australia.

i had a job interview with them recently and i didnt get the job as i kind of let it be known that I think shipping manafacturing overseas was a bad idea. The problem is Claude Maus was bought out by FactoryX (who also own gorman, alana hill and jack london. I', really hoping the brand doesnt expand itself beyond its current market. I know business is business but i think opening more stores will dilute the brand - making it more accessable to the general public - and ruining what the brand stands for.

I wanted to get the puffer jacket as it was warm (im going to Europe in Dec) and also because it would prob be the last purchase i EVER buy from them.

Btw they are opening another store in Swanston St. It seems it will open more and more, a lot like Jack London did. Its all due to Factory X imo,

Edited by wept

on an unrelated note, if you haven't already definitely check out Killing Time. TV show about a lawyer from Melbourne.

The story of disgraced lawyer Andrew Fraser's rise from a small time lawyer to successfully defending the most infamous criminals this country has ever seen, and his ultimate downfall and imprisonment for five years in maximum security.

killing-time.jpg