australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

this is going to seem super random but anyone have any idea how i could get my hands on a two sided (heads) 20 cent coin??

Also contemplating a new laptop and thinking probably Apple, is it worth paying retail or should i look for a lightly used second hand one?

if you have to go mac, id go pro. i mean, air is just looks.

its a no brainer.

Air has no optical drive, no mutliple USB's, no larger ram capacity. no removable battery, small HD. i could go on, but i wont.

yeah, depends on what you do but if you need any grunt then go the pro, bro.

nice bumping into you ben.. and nice major hauling on the leathers...:cool:

most stuff literally flew off even before reach the racks... black tweed and grey tweed, especially the knits, grey, are seriously amazing

grey.jpg

picture courtesy by M

dint even got the chance to try much in my size.....

i guess there's always another AW for PH to look forward to.:(

"grey tweed" is my favorite when it comes to fabric details..variety of colors, grey, charcoal, etc subdued, so much character to it.,. unlike "black tweed" which is all black, pretty dull i thought.

but ph tweeds are always beautiful, they are rough, coarse to the touches, and washed up in texture.. so i always find them sensibly exciting, consistently my favorite fabric from him in AWs.

the only problem tho for me is i can never seem to look good in his jackets, or his aesthetic,

anyway... i am pushing stephen getting more ccps in.. :mad:

Object-dyed selfedge.......is it different to "normal" selfedge???or are they the same thing? Sorry about all these questions, hahaha

uhmm.. i wont say its the same, at least in the od-selvedge, the fabrics in the selvedge are woven different material to the body cloth.

also od selvedge only emerge in garments with selvedge technique applied on the exterior (as in selvedge can be seen in the sleeve seam from the armpit, internal leg seam from the crotch, etc) thus not all selvedge garments can be od, (including fishtail parka.).

to my knowledge there's one reversible selvedge shirt that can hide the selvedge in the interior, which can be od, the tags can be detached reattach either side.

dedgeptc.jpg

as for fishtail parka.. i have seen hoh-edge (like the one at A), it's a heavy fabric, cotton if not mistaken, not quite as convinced to it... but i personally i would go for aca-edge (wool) or like the one at EM, pup-edge (wool+polyester), it's nice, a little sandy texture and sheen to it.

its such a shame that Stephen did not order the reflective knit, would love to handle it in person...apparently it is not pleasant to wear as it is quite coarse/rough. I don't really see it as a huge problem myself as you can always layer something underneath.......saw the wrist band in the same material, loved it, hopefully he will change his mind about the knits somewhere down the track......