australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

shit these are the standouts IMO. i like this leather but i dont like it done up. :(

it'd look great worn partially zipped up with the neck draped open. front heavy collar makes it flare out like crazy when worn open...

sorry seksu. im not a smoker nor have i ever tried. i HATE people smoking around me. Im kind of elitist that way. I dont mind people smoking, as long as its not around me.

ditto, got nothing against people smoking but can't stand the smell.

bit of a topic change

know theres gotta be other smokers here

roll my own these days

recent cop: DrumMenth50.jpg

bit of a letdown especialyl for the price, but okay

anyone got some tobacco recs/places to buy?

ive been wanting to try flavoured and stuff ...

Also interested. Used to smoke menthol but im rolling champion and have been for about 4months now.

Also interested. Used to smoke menthol but im rolling champion and have been for about 4months now.

yer i never used to smoked menthol actually

but then i wanted to try these cos my gf's housemates always have packs lying around the house: 25608.jpg

niiiice

ive been hearing about caramel tasting cigs/rolling tobacco and stuff and really want to try. havnt seen anything like it aroudn me though

yer i never used to smoked menthol actually

but then i wanted to try these cos my gf's housemates always have packs lying around the house: 25608.jpg

niiiice

ive been hearing about caramel tasting cigs/rolling tobacco and stuff and really want to try. havnt seen anything like it aroudn me though

Yeah ive smoked them before - ok. I picked up some insanely strong menthols when i was in paris last and smoked two cartons to the point that they killed menthols for me.

For now the champion just tastes way too good.

shit these are the standouts IMO. i like this leather but i dont like it done up. :(

apart from that does anyone know the retail on this. has a nice effect to it.

also the new rider looks dope. especially in red.

Yeah that leather looks great unzipped. Don't think I'll be copping again this season from _7 except maybe the coat 317COM9 and the tri-zip boston.

true Dave, dropcrotch & twin belt is sissy p's equivalent of DH D-point belt +++ mij-19cm.

.. thats why i deleted all my recent kop pics in SZ.

dunno why an items popularity would bother you though Rob. I doubt people are intentionally copying you either so that is a bit of a strong reaction, depriving people of pics of nice jawns too.

not trying to sound elitist or i am the trendsetter, or it's my signature look.

it bothers me because ppl buy what they saw other ppl wear on the internet.. and it all becomes bandwagon at some level. i just feel they should just go into shops and try something else and get inspired. : \

fencing was one example i really try hard to avoid, but man that jkt was good, comparing with the classics in person.

other than that, I am quite clueless with the DH era, was it a bad thing?

nice pieces become popular, no way of stopping that man and I don't see a reason for changing one's look just because others have caught on to it.

nah the DH thing wasn't a bad thing (hell, I had 2 pairs of 19cm jeans and the belt :o), it was just one of those combinations that was really played out on the interwebs. doesn't mean you'll ever see anyone else rocking the same thing irl though...

fencing was one example i really try hard to avoid, but man that jkt was good, comparing with the classics in person.

one could argue you jumped on that bandwagon 3 years too late haha. seriously though man just wear what you like, who gives a shit if someone on the other side of the world might be taking some style inspiration from you?

Yeah, I guess I am against notion of spawn-from-interweb-popularity.

I suppose now I can see where Stephen comes from in regard of this -

Everyone will just email stores and ask about these 2 items only. What about the others?

@Fencing

yeah, I start to fall in love with CCP last year, so it was kinda late indeed. It wasn't the first item I try when they got them, tried the leather coat and classic first. then, just tried the fencing again, it is really good.

the thing is about intangible items in the time of the internet like a term ("object-dyed") a look (drop-crotch/twin belt) is that it's harder and harder to stake your claim and exclusive use of it.

in a time when concepts like found art and (music) sampling exist you're going to find that more and more people are going to end up taking inspiration from you and yes, there is a chance that they're even going to do more justice to something than you might.

ummm anyway people online are still limited within the same parameters you are (pairing the CCP sarouels with a CCP twin belt) given the limitations implied (is.ObjectCCP=1) you're bound to see people wear the same combination.

Not quite sure why you might react this way, if you posted a WAYWT that paired the CCP sarouels with some other label's belt and everyone started getting into that look, then yeah it might be somewhat justified...

Not quite sure why you might react this way, if you posted a WAYWT that paired the CCP sarouels with some other label's belt and everyone started getting into that look, then yeah it might be somewhat justified...

There are more than 2 choices of garments in question in the 09 collection, - CCP 2009 are really really diverse. Thus, the parameter you are saying is that limited to what other people have worn on the interwebs. And afaik, some claim it's their first CCPs too, it shows lack of interest in the label as a whole, but just the look.

Rob you mind me asking what style, labels, etc. you were into before ccp and your brief foray with RO, _7, etc.?

Good question, I don't give much thought about clothings/style much prior, I just see what I like concept.. mostly jeans/tees/hoodies/converse. But, CoN was a labels that spawn my interest in clothes.

There are more than 2 choices of garments in question in the 09 collection, - CCP 2009 are really really diverse. Thus, the parameter you are saying is that limited to what other people wear the interwebs.

yes, CCP makes a variety of pants and belts a year.

filter this by stockist, their buys in terms of models and sizes, physical location of store and perhaps price.

multiply by the strength/perceived attractiveness of the item in question, aided by the momentum generated by WAYWT and discussion in CCP threads.

you're basing your views on sarouel+belt like everyone on the interwebs are lucky enough to have a great store like EM with a great CCP buy within reach, and that doesn't really make sense. people might not want to experiment with a combination of really nice and expensive pants and belt if they see they look nice on the interwebs.

And afaik, some claim it's their first CCPs too, it shows lack of interest in the label as a whole, but just the look.

you've got to start somewhere right? just because one of the more hyped up pieces is their first buy doesn't mean they don't have an interest in the label, nothing wrong with been more interested in ccp for aesthetic reasons rather than its experimental nature either.

yyou're basing your views on sarouel+belt like everyone on the interwebs are lucky enough to have a great store like EM with a great CCP buy within reach, and that doesn't really make sense. people might not want to experiment with a combination of really nice and expensive pants and belt if they see they look nice on the interwebs.

*^^opps. added another line*

You are right of course. If weren't for EM, I won't have interest in CCP at all. It is a label I have to say I din't liked at all in SZ until I saw them in person. Now the idea is people should sometimes go to their local stores, try clothes, and create a look they like, not just follow what internet has.

good news guys, just got my GAMSAT results and i scored 55/65/75 which derives me an overall score of 67, placing me in the 93rd percentile.

melbourne uni calculates the sections equally balanced, so my score there is 65.

eg. i am competitive for med school.

you've got to start somewhere right? just because one of the more hyped up pieces is their first buy doesn't mean they don't have an interest in the label, nothing wrong with been more interested in ccp for aesthetic reasons rather than its experimental nature either.

Make sense, Haha. sorry if I come across shallow, I just feel people should understand CCP does not revolve around those look that's all.

I guess each to it's own philosophy in terms of clothing.