australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

great suggestions guys, will def need to try sushi ten and toki. icon14.gif

Friend's little brother used to work (still works?) at one of the Don Dons and used to bring home free stuff. Its OK if you're really hurting for sushi but I can think of better ways to spend the money haha.

lol since when has don don had sushi? too much of a good thing can get tiring although it is one of melbourne's best cheap eat when you're in a hurry imo.

Speaking of food... stay away from Yeo's kaya. Shit's filling up my local azn grocer.

yeah was disappointed when I had it for breakfast this morning, should have bought some bread top butter bread to go with it too. any of the jarred kaya brands decent at all? saw a few others but didn't recognise/remember them.

yeah was disappointed when I had it for breakfast this morning, should have bought some bread top butter bread to go with it too. any of the jarred kaya brands decent at all? saw a few others but didn't recognise/remember them.

Most common brands I've seen are Yeo's and Glory, which are both manufactured in Singapore iirc.

You have several options: hunt for Ya-Kun or ToastBox jarred kaya http://anton.blogs.com/awesome/2006/10/my_kaya_addicti.html or start going to the better Malaysian/Singaporean restaurants in Melbourne and asking them about their kaya. Who knows you might luck out and find one that actually makes their own and sells them in jars.

speaking about japanese food, anyone been to the all you can eat japanese restaurant in brighton? $27 and you can eat sashimi/sushi, oysters as much as you want :) called j's surf and turf

went there a couple weeks ago and had so much sashimi to last me a month

been waiting for mine for 2 weeks.. lulz... wish it will pop up already.. even if it's in the middle of the night.

anyone betting on the horses? :P

yeah i will be, havent had a good look at the form yet though. any hot tips?

it's good that they deliver on public holidays but def would have preferred for it to be delivered later in the day. think I'll go back to sleep...

agreed Deej. 9 am is the earliest ive ever had someone drop off a package and thats about right (time wise) for me. I wish it wasnt a public holiday as id have Borderlands delivered to play

yeah, went back to sleep for 3 hours after I posted that. :o

I've got borderlands but haven't had a chance to try it as my 360 has been in need of repair for nearly 2 months and I've been too lazy/busy to fix it (finally bought the screws and nylon washers to fix it properly). want to play uncharted 2 but told myself to wait till after the exams, haven't played any games since I played through batman arkham asylum in late august.

yeah, went back to sleep for 3 hours after I posted that. :o

I've got borderlands but haven't had a chance to try it as my 360 has been in need of repair for nearly 2 months and I've been too lazy/busy to fix it (finally bought the screws and nylon washers to fix it properly). want to play uncharted 2 but told myself to wait till after the exams, haven't played any games since I played through batman arkham asylum in late august.

it's a good time for a ps3 now that uncharted 2 is out and the new final fantasy is coming, but i cbf getting a tv that will do it justice, anyone use an lcd monitor for ps3 gaming?

I use a 40" 1080p LCD for everything (pc, gaming and movies) lulz. should be easy enough to use a monitor though, you just need to buy a hdmi to dvi cable. ordered ninja gaiden sigma 2 and demon's souls from playasia recently, something to do on those days when it's too hot to do much else haha.

btw anyone notice our favourite label trimapee is opening a store on the lonsdale st side of qv?

I use a 40" 1080p LCD for everything (pc, gaming and movies) lulz. should be easy enough to use a monitor though, you just need to buy a hdmi to dvi cable. ordered ninja gaiden sigma 2 and demon's souls from playasia recently, something to do on those days when it's too hot to do much else haha.?

that's awesome, I've found using anything larger than a 27" to be kind of impractical for pc use since I'd have to sit further away, that and pc gaming/movies at 1080p would imply more than one graphics card.

speak of the devil, my package arrived this morning and the postman missed me. gotta go pick it up after 4:30pm in this fucking weather. at least I've made myself a drink...

I've been so asstrampled with uni work this year i've played hardly any games. I imagine my summer holidays will be something like this..

Wake up hungover ---> Lie on the couch all day playing games ---> Go out party all night ---> Wake up hungover ---> Lie on the couch all day playing games ---> Go out party all night ---> Wake up hungover ---> Lie on the couch all day playing games ---> Go out party all night ---> Wake up hungover ---> Lie on the couch all day playing games ---> Go out party all night ....

I never buy games either, i just beat them all within the 7 day eb games return period, lulz. I will only keep them if i loved them.