australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

subarus are as reliable as ever though. Just as a bit of info my 2005 liberty (3.0R Model) cant get under 12 Ltrs P/100Km even when driving highway kms. it sits around 13 Litres which is a bit rich. the models with 2.5 engines arent as bad.

thanks for the heads-up wept, I'd actually heard this from a few other people but nice to good from first hand experience. looks as though i'll be milking this car 'borrowing' situation for a while until I can make up my mind.

:-s

50 you can pick up a fairly clean wrx for well under 30. ive only owned 2 cars but its going to be hard to get anything else besides an sti for my next car. looks awesome, perfect handling and can beat most cars on the road (if you know how to drive) only problem is their quite heavy on fuel if you like to put your foot down.

just landed a full-time internship so need to up my corporate steez.

not that corporate thb, just button-downs and trousers/chinos.

few nice shirts in claude, but don't want to drop 200 a shirt if i can help it. trousers there are probably too skinny to be comfortable, as well.

any recs? times like this, i (again) wish we had uniqlo.

nice one home. icon14.gif

proxying uniqlo is always an option, it'd still work out cheaper than buying anything that fits half decent locally. these slim fit stretch shirts fit me so spot on. the body is cut slimmer and the sleeves longer than their regular shirts, the slight stretch in the fabric means they need minimal ironing too as they don't wrinkle in the wash.

what sort of slacks are you looking for, cotton or wool? I stick to cotton blend slacks for work as you don't need to have them dry cleaned, laziness concept.

their shirts fit me reasonably well, arms are a bit too long for me though. have to size up to a S in their shirts as the shoulders on XS are really fucking narrow.

speaking of which I have about half a dozen jack london shirts in S that I might be looking to sell soonish...

cheers for the ideas, guys. will check out jack london when i have some time.

yeah, thought about proxying, d. i'm basically after slim, cotton chinos. commuting in summer concept. leaning towards more casual than corporate, actually.

where'd flock cop his jp dickies? look pretty nice.

^ don't think you can mate. at least in melbourne. you're best bet is buying from revolve, not a bad deal considering the strong AUD and free (very quick) shipping. remember to size down.

checked out assin sale yesterday, nothing really worth mentioning. although they have a nice drkshdw denim jacket reduced to 300 in medium. 48/50 people get on it. also that ann dem flower waistcoat which is just great, for 250, but too small (xxs).

anyone recommend a barber (cheap, just buzz cut) around gertrude/smith/brunswick st?

edit: when does acne gpo open?

^ don't think you can mate. at least in melbourne. you're best bet is buying from revolve, not a bad deal considering the strong AUD and free (very quick) shipping. remember to size down.

checked out assin sale yesterday, nothing really worth mentioning. although they have a nice drkshdw denim jacket reduced to 300 in medium. 48/50 people get on it. also that ann dem flower waistcoat which is just great, for 250, but too small (xxs).

anyone recommend a barber (cheap, just buzz cut) around gertrude/smith/brunswick st?

edit: when does acne gpo open?

if you're wanting something simple why not do it yourself.. 20 for some clippers from bigw or something..

malaysian and singaporean dudes, which brand of kaya is the best? also where to cop japanese pocky? most asian grocers only stock the thai version that's made from inferior chocolate.

Suzuran on Bourke rd in Camberwell - they've got quite a few varieties including Dessert Pocky. Otherwise that convenience / mini supermarket on the Cnr of Little Bourke and Swanston (used to be a Commonwealth bank).