australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Interesting, but i personally dont like it as a whole. And agree, ugly buttons.

I would also prefer an MA Suit - :o

both CCP and Julius look great in their own league, just CCP is ballers.

Come to think of it, i think CCP boots might look decent in julius suits.

hearing that bt, love the design and the leather despite its inconsistencies (its at least on par in terms of leather quality with RO leathers from the past few seasons). finishing could have been done better, but all in all it's still a great jacket.

Personally, I never liked RO's leather jacket, the construction is great but the leather always seem fake for my liking. Agree tho about Obscur, the finishing can be improved, had some wtf moments... but still wear it anyway. :)

no i haven't checked out NSW leather yet tyro, I got all my leather from leffler as I believe they have much bigger range of leathers/ tools and are also where most of local designer goes to buy their leathers from.

Rathdowne is a bit of hit and miss i must say, you sometimes find one of two nice fabrics there in great price but other times most of the stuff are just cheap polyester. still i find it's worthwhile to go there every so often just to see what they got in store. I got my ribbed wool jersey from them couple months ago, quality is not bad considering the price. my modal and cotton jersey are actually from the fabric shop where I work part-time in. unfortunately we don't have anything you might like at the moment since we got our fabrics randomly from mostly local designers and often just one off random stuff. we once have some modal silk like those Julius basics used in only a few metres and were gone even before i have time to lay my hands on them :(

anyway, there are a few other shops you could tried for wool/cotton/modal jersey. Clegs in city sometimes has modal for just under 20 pmt in a range of colour. Tessuti on flinders lane has nice wool/cotton jersey in reasonable price 20-40 pmt and many other nice fabrics as well. Stitches in Armadale specialized in high end European fabrics, there you can find mohair/alpaca/marino kind of stuff but expect nothing below 50 pmt

my recent purchase on itunes: daft punk/radiohead/coldplay

what's urs?

i re-bought the entire Röyksopp discography as i lost most of it in 05 and i remembered how much i love them <3 I'm going to re-buy The Knife soon too and also Fever Ray as well... <3<3<3 and by buy i mean steal some off friends and download the rest from boomkat<3 Emusic is ok for other genres, but what i listen to is generally not on itunes/emusic..

when i'm normal i usually buy a few albums a week.. *music junkie concept

step up my game :(