australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

Good news on the obscur D.

Has anyone handled the blistered lambskin by any chance? Bt?

Yeah i have handled older seasons blistered lamb.. TBH RO appeal has 99% died to me, i am considering selling even my white moto blistered.

IMO if you are getting CCP tornados in your size go for a CCP coat - i have tried about 4-5 different versions / seasons on and they are worth every cent.

For a leather.. i honestly prefer the Obscur design over every available RO leather. Its a shame Construction isnt 100% but imo it just adds to the appeal of the jacket,im not worried about damaging it in anyway. ill wear it till the day it dies.

I think you should choose a route adam - CCP Esk or RO Esk

don't get me started on velcro haha.

need the silk wool satin MA suit in black and the cotton cupro kersey mainline suit in grey, twisted seam detail on both pants is sick. need monies. :(

13.jpg

We are working on it D

For a leather.. i honestly prefer the Obscur design over every available RO leather. Its a shame Construction isnt 100% but imo it just adds to the appeal of the jacket,im not worried about damaging it in anyway. ill wear it till the day it dies.

hearing that bt, love the design and the leather despite its inconsistencies (its at least on par in terms of leather quality with RO leathers from the past few seasons). finishing could have been done better, but all in all it's still a great jacket.

I think you should choose a route adam - CCP Esk or RO Esk

agree 100%, thinking about selling some pieces to go in a more elegant direction...

We are working on it D

indeed.

I feel like CCP would be a dressed up occasion for me. RO is for casual. Love throwing on my RO leather with a t and jeans and heading out on a whim - without thinking about it and still looking better than 99.9% of the people I pass.

I will wear CCP boots to work, and would love to get a suit jacket (the one on A is disgustingly good, $2000USD though) and a long coat. But i wouldn't be wearing that stuff all the time. What do you wear casually when you wear CCP 'formally' anyway?

As for combining the two, don't know If I would, but I don't own enough pieces to say at this stage.

Stop stiffling me bt!!

CCP isn't formal wear at all Ivan, just dressy casual wear with very interesting fabrics and construction. I told So Ang he was nuts when he suggested he wanted to build up a wardrobe of CCP suits to wear when he graduates as a lawyer haha, I think he's decided against that route but still wants a couple for casual wear.

hearing you on having RO and the like for straight up casual wear, while the CCP is more dressy/elegant Ivan. need to spend a lot to build a large enough wardrobe in either though...

CCP isn't formal wear at all Ivan, just dressy casual wear with very interesting fabrics and construction. I told So Ang he was nuts when he suggested he wanted to build up a wardrobe of CCP suits to wear when he graduates as a lawyer haha, I think he's decided against that route but still wants a couple for casual wear.

hearing you on having RO and the like for straight up casual wear, while the CCP is more dressy/elegant Ivan. need to spend a lot to build a large enough wardrobe in either though...

That's why I said 'formal' ;)

I never really dress truly formal - more like you said, dressy/elegant.

yeah hoping for the best man. :o

MA isn't sized particularly different from the mainline, arms lengths, etc. are proportional to the sizes. only issue is sizes only go up to 3, so a 48-50. the leather jackets certainly aren't fucking cut smaller than mainline. :(

depends on the piece J. from what I understand the suiting is quite true to size (1 = 44, 2 = 46, 3 = 48), however the other pieces can vary. for example the jersey cut and sewn items and leather jackets fit like a 46 in size 1, while the ribbed items are quite body conforming so sizing up or down would make a minimal difference. the waist on _7 pants have always been cut fairly generously so I doubt that'd be an issue either. anyway, I'll have more first hand experience in a bit over 3 weeks. :)

no that just means it's arrived in customs, it still needs to clear customs and be transferred to your local delivery hub. if it reaches the delivery hub by 6pm this afternoon it'll be delivered tomorrow, otherwise it'll probably be delivered saturday. you can get more up to date tracking info from here.

will do J. are most VA suits fully lined? the ones I handled at cose were only partially lined, interesting fabrics though. DBSS suits look sharp as hell too, pretty standard detailing and fabrics though.

no that just means it's arrived in customs, it still needs to clear customs and be transferred to your local delivery hub. if it reaches the delivery hub by 6pm this afternoon it'll be delivered tomorrow, otherwise it'll probably be delivered saturday. you can get more up to date tracking info from here.

will do J. are most VA suits fully lined? the ones I handled at cose were only partially lined, interesting fabrics though. DBSS suits look sharp as hell too, pretty standard detailing and fabrics though.

thanks, it seems the auspost site is more up to date, has this now:

EI516828544JP JAPAN AUSTRALIA Your item was received at the Messenger Post NSW delivery hub at 17:36 on 10 Sep 2009

:D

don't think I could do the silver satin suit, a bit flamboyant for me haha. I need to try a VA suit on (well one that isn't 2 sizes too big for me, fucking cose), however the high gorge coupled with a single button makes the fit look somewhat odd to me.

haha, nice one steve. icon14.gif

hey glad the alterations worked out for you dji. in the topic of suits, i've actually been eyeing the julius one with pockets from 2005 (the one djrajio is selling i believe), does anyone has an opinion on this one?

btw thx for the free bump on d sale thread jcot :D and can't wait til next week when the weather here will be better