australia :: melbourne :: shopping

Tyro1

they'd probably all be full price man which is ~27K yen iirc? they're nice jeans, can't think of any other low rise slim black jeans in regular stretch denim that I really like. if there is anything anyone particular wants picked up let me know.

you know of anywhere selling black detroits on sale in a 34 D?

I really like the detroits - and there are a few guys on SZ who sell them quite regularly. The version that are up on there currently are most probably the womens 'blackety waxed' version which is slimmer and stretchier. And IMO not as nice. They also don't run as small as the detroit.

Hang out until someone is listing an actual pair of detroits.

I'm waiting till for the MA cotton twill J pants, dropping late december:

12.jpg

any of you guys care to refresh my memory on slim jeans with a lowish rise made from flat black stretch denim? thinking N(N) jeans are the way to go, nothing I really like of the sort from JR, DH, CM, CoN or acne. maybe NAT? leaning towards N(N) at this point...

I'm waiting till for the MA cotton twill J pants, dropping late december:

12.jpg

any of you guys care to refresh my memory on slim jeans with a lowish rise made from flat black stretch denim? thinking N(N) jeans are the way to go, nothing I really like of the sort from JR, DH, CM, CoN or acne. maybe NAT? leaning towards N(N) at this point...

i think nat looks great as well, minus gradient if u wish. (srry bt.. borrow pic.)

H%20PE10%20LookBook_NAT_Page_23_Image_0004.jpg

yeah, NAT look like a good slim fit with minimal detailing but unfortunately they only make raw black denim jeans, I'm after just a flat black stretch denim. looked pretty extensively at the options (NAT, raf, DH, superfine, CM, CoN, julian red, cheap monday, acne, april 77, doctor denim), I think N(N) are a winner for me. wouldn't mind APC either but they only make black stretch new cures once every few seasons. ray and sev3n both suggested undercover jeans but I have nfi what they look like, never seen any pics of them...

guess the temptation to buy the _7 grey runway suit is gone now, sev3n snagged the last one available online. :rolleyes: probably for the best anyway, getting the sleeves shortened from the shoulders (possibly shoulders narrowed too?) and the body taken in from 2-3 seams would have cost a mint...

hahaha, good question man. um, well I guess I have an idea of how I want particular pieces to fit. I know what range of sizes for a type of garment will fit me well, obviously it isn't possible to have everything fit spot on but for example all of the leather jackets that I've kept or worn for extended periods have been in the range of 43-45cm p2p.

in regards to things fitting "perfectly" I feel that when you start spending quite as much on pieces as people on here and SZ do you should be very satisfied with the way it fits, I know I can't justify keeping a $1K+ leather jacket if I'm not happy with the way I look in it. more specifically with the jut neck (which I believe may be the reason you brought this up), I know how that piece should fit on me if it hadn't been used so I can't settle for the looser fit. I dunno, maybe I have ocd and pay too much attention to little details...

yeah, NAT look like a good slim fit with minimal detailing but unfortunately they only make raw black denim jeans, I'm after just a flat black stretch denim. looked pretty extensively at the options (NAT, raf, DH, superfine, CM, CoN, julian red, cheap monday, acne, april 77, doctor denim), I think N(N) are a winner for me. wouldn't mind APC either but they only make black stretch new cures once every few seasons. ray and sev3n both suggested undercover jeans but I have nfi what they look like, never seen any pics of them...

guess the temptation to buy the _7 grey runway suit is gone now, sev3n snagged the last one available online. :rolleyes: probably for the best anyway, getting the sleeves shortened from the shoulders (possibly shoulders narrowed too?) and the body taken in from 2-3 seams would have cost a mint...

ooh. you mean selvage denim? how about nudies? i like them personally. thinking of picking a n(n) as well, but haven't handle them personally..

^ah thanks for clearing,:o i always have a confusion with the definition of jeans, like the ones shum88 in sz is selling.

in regards to things fitting "perfectly" I feel that when you start spending quite as much on pieces as people on here and SZ do you should be very satisfied with the way it fits, I know I can't justify keeping a $1K+ leather jacket if I'm not happy with the way I look in it. more specifically with the jut neck (which I believe may be the reason you brought this up), I know how that piece should fit on me if it hadn't been used so I can't settle for the looser fit. I dunno, maybe I have ocd and pay too much attention to little details...

confused, why sell the jut in the first place mang? was it the zip config? or fitting or?

I'm after a different pair to the one on SZ, the skinny/slim N(N) jeans have thigh darts and are 95% cotton/5% stretch.

I sold the jut in the first place because I didn't think I could justify owning 2 of the same style of jacket, just with different zip configs. regretted selling since and after seeing the direction SS10 has gone in I don't know if I'll be buying much from the mainline in the future (I'm definitely not buying anything from SS10). copped this one off Y, near new only worn once but du that wore it wore it tight and as such it stretched a bit. :(

yeah that's what I thought at the time but I really like the style (that and they insist on cutting the moto style jackets big). have to wait and see where they take FW10 but judging by SS10 they're really looking to increase the split between the mainline and MA line, with the MA line for clean tailored pieces and the simpler pieces, while the mainline would be horikawa's outlet to design more extreme and experimental pieces.

wish the collar on the obscur was cut tighter...

Bt is sure the size small Obscur wont fit me, and I am a little worried about the length and fit myself - so it looks like I will be selling my Medium. To quote D, "I know I can't justify keeping a $1K+ leather jacket if I'm not happy with the way I look in it"

I'm not going to list it in the supermarket right away, so let me know if any one is interested.

And eversuns, just get em fixed. It'll cost maybe $50. Better to do it now.

I'd consider getting the medium tailored Ivan. the only reason I don't get _7 leather jackets tailored is due to the complex construction and cut, the obscur is a relatively simple cut so it wouldn't be difficult to get it take in a bit through the body and shoulders.

people, CHIN TEO 09 jewellery collection is in store at EM now ;)

new Paul Harnden is in too, buy is great, two full racks of mostly outerwear and shoes as well as accessories. Suede leather jacket and baggy cropped pants are amazing. was really tempted to cop his classic fit short wool jacket but price wasn't friendly enough to me....