jmatsu banned, hate king is gone... for how long?

joey_formal

what the hell happened? how many people are banned now? and why? jmat may have made some inappropriate remarks from time to time but generally his remarks weren't all that offensive. his "hating" always kept on a reasonable level. and he was definitely one of the more knowledgeable members of the board, which i can vouch for this first hand. i don't go on sufu all day and major shit goes down. what the hell? i guess the homophobic and racist stuff got out of hand from time to time. I definitely don't condone it and wouldn't participate in it myself, but it seemed to be a big joke done mostly tongue in cheek, especially recently. it seems it was just suddenly clamped down upon which is obviously not the best way to deal with the issue. anyway, main point, i think this place is better off with matsu san.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree. I think Jmatsu single handledly made the electro and sneaker threads what they are now. His knowledge of music and the sneakers has been a great resource to the board and I think a lot of members generally respect his advice and comments. It's unfortunate that he's been banned because he brought a lot of life and honesty to the board.

epic lulz

i'll try to swim against the tide of tears here--

true that jmatsu made the occasional amusing remark, but let's face it he's been pushing his luck for some time now. he's been given enormous amounts of slack and this last bit was just the straw that broke the camel's back. insultling mods is just another example of his extremely poor judgement. most boards would have banned him long ago, and instantly upon insulting a mod. so please, spare me the tears and handwringing over the innocent jmatsu.

as for the rest-

airjamie - never had a single worthwhile thing to say

westside - lately, i just scroll past his gibberish

jayrock - don't know and don't care.

jhey - good riddance

supertrash is bigger than any handful of posters and will go on.

Wait, is edmond still not permabanned for all the homophobic/racist remarks he has made? Same with Milspex. Those are the only 2 people i've seen on the board who actually seemed to have some feeling behind their remarks. Jmat, west, jhey and others just did it in jest. While it may not be right, i would like to think that would play some role in the banning process.

epic lulz

i'll try to swim against the tide of tears here--

true that jmatsu made the occasional amusing remark, but let's face it he's been pushing his luck for some time now. he's been given enormous amounts of slack and this last bit was just the straw that broke the camel's back. insultling mods is just another example of his extremely poor judgement. most boards would have banned him long ago, and instantly upon insulting a mod. so please, spare me the tears and handwringing over the innocent jmatsu.

as for the rest-

airjamie - never had a single worthwhile thing to say

westside - lately, i just scroll past his gibberish

jayrock - don't know and don't care.

jhey - good riddance

supertrash is bigger than any handful of posters and will go on.

it was hardly an insult, and it was in the appropriate thread.

you will have to ask him the reason he quit...i cannot speak on his behalf. but the 2 events happened at the same time so i dont think it was a cooincidence.

wayne,

so are you saying that digital denim quite because of jmatsu's last comment in the "mods you hate the most." wouldn't it have been better moderation for one of you to actually have closed the thread? the very vehicle for comment of that very nature.

if a moderator quit because of that comment, i don't think that the individual who was actually given mod status had the right temperment for the job anyhow.

how to search for banned users? why did this all happen?

jmat

west

airjamie

jhey

jayrock

supernoob

some threads deleted.

DDML and maybe DD quit being mods because it got to be too much work and might wayne punished.

you will have to ask him the reason he quit...i cannot speak on his behalf. but the 2 events happened at the same time so i dont think it was a cooincidence.

so digital denim is the moderator who quit?

wasn't he just in charge of waywt in supershopper?

in your opinion, wayne, do you really think that jmatsu's comment in the "mode-hate" thread was even that offensive? compared to that of other comments it was nothing.

Wait, is edmond still not permabanned for all the homophobic/racist remarks he has made? Same with Milspex. Those are the only 2 people i've seen on the board who actually seemed to have some feeling behind their remarks.
Wait, is edmond still not permabanned for all the homophobic/racist remarks he has made? Same with Milspex. Those are the only 2 people i've seen on the board who actually seemed to have some feeling behind their remarks.

if mods quit cos of some fuckwit comments by a user and i have to spend days dealing with the aftermath [as i have done] then someone is going to pay for it. simple.

ddml quit because of a few users?

i think then that DDML wasn't a wise choice. is he holding you to ultimatums now?

i think it was digital denim, most of his recent post have been edited. i generally approved of jmatsus posts so i really do hope that this is just maybe a temp ban, a week at teh most, cause he have knowledge on many brands and is this not first and foremost a fashion board.

I can attest to that, wayne. He used the word apotheosis. He's on that herakles jawnz. I'd rep him if i could. Smart guy.