BlueinGreen no longer chainstitch

drgitlin

Just curious who, amongst these US shops, use a Union Special?

I know we (Self Edge) do...

a few months ago i was in NYC, and i brought a pair of Nudies with me, to get chainstitched with my sams, and yugi hemmed them right on the spot, since i was heading back to VA soon. Gordon is probably worn out... but if thats the new policy, then i dont consider it unfair. you gotta pay to play, pimpin'!

• 5 months later...

you can pm username "marvin" here for more info about the denim doctors.

zip stevenson, the man behind HTC, denim doctors, stevenson overalls and such, is also a denim guru quite famous even in japan. definitely highly recommended esp in the west coast.

I think Cheep mentioned this quite a long time ago. I feel like its been almost a year since then, but it's good to see something finally happening with it. Raw 811s too, thats awesome.

Just got back from NYC/BIG weekend trip. Chainstitch is now $30 for jeans not purchased from them and free otherwise. Just a little incentive to buy your jeans from them:). Gordon is doing the sewing work along with Jonny as well (cool guy). Asked about getting my crotch preemptively reinforced, and was told that it may take a while, as they currently have a pile of denim from people waiting for the same request. Lastly, Japanese woman that works there (didn't catch her name) is awesome. She knew everything about every model I asked about, even knew every size they had in stock for every pair without even checking the list. I love that place, and my new SD-103's.

DSCN2473.jpg

Just got back from NYC/BIG weekend trip. Chainstitch is now $30 for jeans not purchased from them and free otherwise. Just a little incentive to buy your jeans from them:). Gordon is doing the sewing work along with Jonny as well (cool guy). Asked about getting my crotch preemptively reinforced, and was told that it may take a while, as they currently have a pile of denim from people waiting for the same request. Lastly, Japanese woman that works there (didn't catch her name) is awesome. She knew everything about every model I asked about, even knew every size they had in stock for every pair without even checking the list. I love that place, and my new SD-103's.

NIce SD's. And her name is Noriko, by the way. ("Noriko-san" if you want to be polite..)

• 6 years later...