DJs?

i still use some butter rugs i got right before i stopped djing - the center hole gets big after awhile though - but they're slick as hell.

they also have some white mats now that you can draw on or some shit. sqratchy seal or something i don't remember. i need to get a new pair too actually.

^they're called frosted plates, the sleeve looks like a frosted flakes cereal box with a seal on it that looks like it has down syndrome. comes with 4 flying carpets (plastic sheets) for less friction. they were incredible, especially after switching from the felt slipmats that came with my ttx. oh yeah, they get dirty as fuck

id been wanting to get some decks for 10 years or so.

i finally bit the bullet around xmas time. got a really sweet deal, everything was basically cost price...

my setup:..

pioneercdj800djm400hdj1000.jpg

pioneer CDJ800 mk II

pioneer DJM400

pioneer HDJ1000

i didnt want vinyl for obvious financial and practicality reasons, and wasnt too keen on getting a laptop based setup either.

just mixing at home and with friends etc at the moment. i may end up playing gigs somewhere down the track, but im happy enough for the time being. im playing a pretty broad range of stuff from minimal and breaks to tech house....but the vast majority is dnb and dubstep.

time for a mix now methinks.

i bought one pioneer cdj1000mkII about 3 years ago, and still haven't bought a second one. it's just seems boring to me compared to vinyl. don't think i can ever give up on my 1200's. nice setup though. if you plan on playing out, cdj's are the way to go.

heBay, where did you order your shit from? Cause if you go through Agiprodj.com, they got the lowest prices in the business. I got my DJM-700 for like 1100 which normally goes for like 1549. Definitely check them out.

Good looks...but COldRice beat you to the punch. I appreciate it though. I JUST ordered the ttm57 from them yesterday...definitely best price out there.

• 2 weeks later...

question:

what do the notches next to the pitch control signify?

I have a pair of 1200s.

I have read in the manual that each notch is 1%.

1% of what though?

If I were playing a record whose bpm is 90, increasing the pitch control to +2% will play the record at 91.8 i.e.90 + 90*0.02 ???

the guy who has been teaching me says that 1 notch is 1 bpm.

If I increase the pitch by +4, that adds 4 to the bpm, making the actual bpm 94.

Who is right?

question:

what do the notches next to the pitch control signify?

I have a pair of 1200s.

I have read in the manual that each notch is 1%.

1% of what though?

If I were playing a record whose bpm is 90, increasing the pitch control to +2% will play the record at 91.8 i.e.90 + 90*0.02 ???

the guy who has been teaching me says that 1 notch is 1 bpm.

If I increase the pitch by +4, that adds 4 to the bpm, making the actual bpm 94.

Who is right?

1 percent of the tune... +1 is simply playing the track at 101%.

Of course this could mean exactly 1 bpm if the track was exactly 120bpm and in 4/4, I think.

Guest youkinorn
1 percent of the tune... +1 is simply playing the track at 101%.

Of course this could mean exactly 1 bpm if the track was exactly 120bpm and in 4/4, I think.

what?

it would mean 1 bpm if it were 100 bpm...

1 is 1% of 100. Time signature does not matter.

Guest youkinorn
take some weights for your needles - even blu tack and coins if it's really rocky

word. I'll be using a DVS system in relative mode, though, so skipping won't be too much of an issue hopefully.

Been djing for a while now (7 years?). Setup is 2 x 1200s, Rane ttm56, and serato.

Tried cd decks, and hated them...nowhere near as tactile as vinyl. Haven't bought much actual vinyl in a while, as I don't really play enough to justify it. Sold off a lot of shit, but still have a crate of the freshest Chi ghetto house, and another couple of crates of hip hop and various other shit.

Mostly MPee3 these days...

i might wanna buy a serato

so

i can play a nonstop super frute swagz JPOP mix

and send my mix to my man MRIP

saorry

this is from last night

3 decks

http://www.keagan.org/music/051108.mp3

1:08:18

tracklist---

keagan- most people are into it, which is lovely

yapacc-n!ce -x

you can't - dance, ricky

keagan- methamphetamine -x

danton eepomm- to the bone -x

keagan- wanna fuck (what do you look like) -x

broken rules- going with feeling -x

keagan- post rocket pussy -x

keagan- sasha pivovarova

guido schneider- albertino

sascha dive- deep -x

kolombo- realistic -x

keagan- fucking cowboys and shit-x

domy- stonier -x

yelle- ce jeu -x

keagan- hazzee -x

magda- what ever it snakes -x

cassy- for you -x

keagan- kristy wallace -x

wut????? klick the link

Im playing jacking keyboard asshole rubbin' worship electronic music. again, klick the link.

I use ms pinky in-conduction with max- so I can run more than two decks at time and I wrote a 'better' sampler- kind of like a peavey grabber.

Used to use live with ms pink but I dropped it.

Why? because im not into cheesy, played out fx's, anymore. Just a good track selection, which is what ms pinky allows me to do.

Live pushed me to us the diarrhea effects that are currently destroying electronic music.

Serato was so limited when i was looking for digital dj solutions. I could probably roll with it now though.